Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Texan90

Cutting out keloids/hypertrophic scars

I have a very thin, small linear hypertrophic scar on my face. It blends in w/ my skin and isn't noticeable unless I look up close but out of curiousity is it possible to revise it?

It's very small and thin. I've read that the width of a scar like this plays a big role in how it will turn out if excised. I was wondering if it's possible to excise the scar to further improve the appearance? There wouldnt be much tension in that area when stitching it together so would it turn out bad?

The main thing counting against me is that I'm dark-skinned(Brown).

I have a very thin, small linear hypertrophic scar on my face. It blends in w/ my skin and isn't noticeable unless I look up close but out of curiousity is it possible to revise it?

It's very small and thin. I've read that the width of a scar like this plays a big role in how it will turn out if excised. I was wondering if it's possible to excise the scar to further improve the appearance? There wouldnt be much tension in that area when stitching it together so would it turn out bad?

The main thing counting against me is that I'm dark-skinned(Brown).

i just had dr ruiz in tijuana do a minor procedure ion a hypertrophic scar i obtaineed from co2 laser...took him a few minutes and 2 weeks later looks 90 % improvement....he took a needle instrument went under the skin and broke it up.. works good without cutting....and every doctor i went to in the usa just shook their head and didnt have a clue what to do.. thats american derms, and plastic surgeons all over southern california

can you please elaborate more on details? how deep he went, how big was your scar, what kind of needle was it. etc... And do you think I Can I do this at home myself? A big thanks

This scar is invisible when I stretch the skin around it. it tethers inward a bit so I think some subcision or needling would blend it in better. from a side angle it's hard to find.

anyone know of any successful scar excision stories?