Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goat

What products for new accutane user?

Hi all,

I have mild acne (occasional fairly big red spots on forehead and jawline) and I got perscribed Roaccutane by a hospital derm today. I have been on Minocycline for 4 months and tried Oxtetracycline twice without much effect. I'll be on 2x 20mg a day from monday. Apparently the minocycline has to be flushed out of system first!

Anyway, the point of this topic is what products do you recommend? I've read a lot and it looks like I'll need a good moisturiser. What face wash should I use in morning and evening on it also?

Anything else I'll need?

Please help with UK product recommendations!

cheeers

goat

Hi all,

I have mild acne (occasional fairly big red spots on forehead and jawline) and I got perscribed Roaccutane by a hospital derm today. I have been on Minocycline for 4 months and tried Oxtetracycline twice without much effect. I'll be on 2x 20mg a day from monday. Apparently the minocycline has to be flushed out of system first!

Anyway, the point of this topic is what products do you recommend? I've read a lot and it looks like I'll need a good moisturiser. What face wash should I use in morning and evening on it also?

Anything else I'll need?

Please help with UK product recommendations!

cheeers

goat

I had to wait 2 days after i stopped taking mino before I start accu. I'd never take em together!

goat, I would seriously suggest getting a second opinion before you begin to take Roaccutane. It's supposed to be for severe cystic acne that does not respond to other treatment. It's not made for mild acne, and for mild acne the disadvantages FAR outweight the gains. And as for 2 days, I would want to wait longer before I started on it. I would seek another opinion before you start.