Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

For people who have bad acne and date

Does anyone have a bf/gf and have bad acne? How do you do it? I have always looked up to people I see who have bad acne but still manages to date. How do you get pass the awardness/self conscious everything that comes with having feelings towards acne.

I don't consider myself having bad acne anymore, just red marks that are finally going away thanks to the peels I'm doing. Infact my face is doing much better and I'm starting to feel a BIT better about myself. But the sad thing is I'm still severely uncomfortable with myself have always been and not only make dating hard but just talking to people hard in general.

I would really like to get over all this, even if my face is never perfect I still want to feel like I can be myself.

This is my story: My acne is quite bad and I currently have a boyfriend. We've been together for 5 months now and everything is wonderful. The thing is though, he's never seen me without foundation on. My skin still looks horrible with foundation, because the overall condition of my skin is bad, but it looks MUCH worse without it. We're very open with each other about almost everything and have had numerous fantastic conversations about all sorts of topics....and yet I can't bare the thought of him seeing me without makeup. I feel trapped.

The thing is, I've had acne for about 8 years now (I'm 25) and I dated someone for 4 years in the past. Back then, I just didn't care a lot about what my skin looked like and had no problem with him seeing me without makeup on. My skin wasn't as bad back then though. More recently, I've developed an obsession with my skin and I'm extremely self conscious about it. I thought I would never date again, as long as I had acne. Then one day I met this great guy and we really hit it off and eventually just somehow started dating. I don't know how I'll ever get over this. Most of our intimate encounters happen in the dark, and I pull away every time he touches my face. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I can relate to how you're feeling...

I think its a lot easier for girls with acne to get a boyfriend than for a guy with acne to get a girlfriend cuz guys are less judging.

My acne's pretty bad, but I've pretty good mojo. I think the trick is not to wait around for the other person to make the first move. If I like somebody, and they're available, I ask them out. If they say no, I don't take it personally. It's okay to be rejected because I usually have a back-up that I can ask a week later :) . Also, don't ask out those types of people who are incredibly superficial and shallow. They'll most likely say no because you can "damage" their image, and--in the long run--not even worth dating at all. Try to date sincere, down-to-earth people. They're usually the best company and can see through the pimples and cysts.

How do you get pass the awardness/self conscious everything that comes with having feelings towards acne.

I have acne and I've been dating a guy for six months. He's amazing. He finds me cute and beautiful. And believe me I'm extremely self concious about my skin. I've brought it up with him before and he says "it's pretty normal" (to have acne)..and he says he has never NOT been attracted to me. When I get down on myself because of my skin he says things like "I wish you could see yourself the way I see you." Yeah, it's extremely sweet. I'm so lucky to have found this guy.

Basically, this experience has really taught me that people with acne honestly see themselves worse than others do, because they are naturally self-concious. Acne does NOT make a person unattractive. Yes, it's a nasty little problem we wish we could all get rid of..but a person isn't ugly just because they have acne. It simply makes them imperfect...but who's perfect anyway?

Someone who is looking for perfection isn't worth dating anyway...and they will be disappointed in the future. Because everyone has flaws. What is truly amazing is when you find someone who LOVES you for your flaws. They love you anyway.

I know exactly where you're coming from...I too was worried I would never find someone because of my skin and when I didn't think it would happen, it did. Love will find you, ya just gotta be patient. :D

I think its a lot easier for girls with acne to get a boyfriend than for a guy with acne to get a girlfriend cuz guys are less judging.

Lol, around where I live, that could be far from the truth. I always see really hot girls with guys with minor acne. The thing is, generally, guys expect them to have nice skin and stuff because that it what is portrayed in the media nowadays.

I don't date, but I talk to a lot of girls, I don't see how they can even talk to me, its like they don't even care..When I talk to them I totally forgot that i even have acne..especially this one girl.mmmmmm..but yeah I see hot girls with guys with acne..which makes me happier than I know that it doesn't really matter to some girls

I want to strangle something or someone right now.

I'm starting to feel a bit better about myself and not caring what I looked like. My face is looking better and Its making me having a new out look on life. But I will admit at 22 never had a boyfriend, and I've had a terrible time with friends. Its a long story but I'm just ready for change in my life and there is a really nice guy that I sit next to in my class and I would like to get to know him better but I'm reallllllyy not experience in this stuff. I'm not even really talking just dating wise but just in general, even as friends it would be nice, I went on a blind date once and it was a train wreck.

I don't feel like a loser for not having a boyfriend at 22 cause I know other people who at 21-22 started dating also so that I'm not worried about. I'm just sick of throwing my life away now cause I'm afraid of what people think. Who the fuck care if my face looks like crap, I really do think that now, but at the same time, the old me is still pulling back. I don't think I'm ugly, I certainly think I have a good personality to show off and I make people laugh, and everyone says I'm charming and fun to be around so I can't be that bad..LOL

sigh. It makes me feel a bit better knowing people here have someone in there life and still feels uncomfortable about themselves. Hopefully something will work out for me.

I want to strangle something or someone right now.

werd.

guys are def not less judging