Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cover me up

Is there a liquid and a power together that works good for u

I do really like liquid and power both together but can't find a good soild one that won't cause me to brake out ......

Can you .................................

peace out

Firstly: power = powder, brake = break right? C'mon man. Torontonians gotta represent!

Secondly: What the heck are you talking about? biggrin.gif

as far as my experience goes, they all suck. liquid->powder=need for extra powder, and wet powder-ish compact->powder = cakey, uneven mess. The necessary consistency for the latter makes it a nightmare to smooth on properly.

I have good luck with Lancome's Teint Idole with their Matte pressed powder.

Have also had good luck with Laura Mercier's oil-free foundation.

Clarins makes a good loose powder and Lancome's photogenic loose works pretty well.

I use Mary Kay's mattifier under everything and it helps control the oil.

Good Luck!!

Guest Tracy

I second Misty on Lancome's Teint Idole with their matte pressed powder over it. Good stuff!! Although when I get close to running out of what I currently have (I only use two pumps of the foundation each morning and a LIGHT dusting of the matte pressed powder at lunch time) then I'm planning on hitting the Laura Mercier counter and test-driving their oil free foundation and loose powder as I hear wonderful things about that as well.

So far I use mandelic serum under my foundation and sunscreen and it sorta serves as a mattifier.....but Nancy's gonna send me some Mary Kay mattifier (she's so good to me!!) and I betcha I'm gonna LOVE IT!! biggrin.gif

I  the Laura Mercier counter and test-driving their oil free foundation and loose powder as I hear wonderful things about that as well. 

Guest Tracy

Thanks Misty. I'm not certain if I'm allergic to oorn starch or not. :-k Hmm....maybe I'll just stick with the pressed to be on the safe side.

i use colorstay foundation and almays clean complexion powder both together have not caused me any breakout they both last long the colorstay foundation you dont need to put much on a little bit goes a long way.the almay power i love i have yet to use a powder i like better and i tried alot of them.