Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmoore

any one take oral nicomide?

any one try oral nicomide

did it help prevent new acne and redcue oil. if yes how much oil and how long to notice.

sounsd good let me know.

i think i heard it reduces some sebum and dont no if it will help prevent acne or just heal active acne

My derm recommended it for me b/c I have trouble with antibiotics. I don't think it is helping me at all.....I'm still oily and breaking out. I have been on it for a month - 1000 mg a day.

I've taken it for years and have had some success with it... didn't realize how much until my rx ran out and I missed a couple days... and WOW my skin was a disaster!

I've taken it for years and have had some success with it... didn't realize how much until my rx ran out and I missed a couple days... and WOW my skin was a disaster!

Since I used it in conjunction w/ several topical creams, here's what I noticed when I STOPPED taking it: within 1-2 days, my face broke out in several huge cystic acne spots and I was back for cortisone shots. This happened last year, and I don't think I noticed more oil on the surface of my skin when I ran out of my Rx, as the biggest problem was that the cystic spots that came back were large and painful (so I guess it does help with inflamation).

However, what I also noticed is that something that works for me might not work for anyone else... and vice versa. Cetaphil cleanser is NOT good for my skin, yet so many ppl here love it. So, I'd say give it a shot, you never know :) I hope that kind of answers your question!

I did notice that since I started taking it about 2 months ago the cystic acne stopped completely. I havent had a huge painful bump since. I still have smaller breakouts and my chest is still broken out.

Its better for me being on the pill, since the antibiotics they would prescribe mess with the BC pills.

I did notice that since I started taking it about 2 months ago the cystic acne stopped completely. I havent had a huge painful bump since. I still have smaller breakouts and my chest is still broken out.

Its better for me being on the pill, since the antibiotics they would prescribe mess with the BC pills.

I have been taking nicomide tablets on and off for about 5 years. I started taking it for cystic acne. It really works because When ever i go off it i break out. Its just soooo expensive without insurance. I tried to make my supply last longer by taking one pill every other day. Bad mistake, i broke out.

By the way, does anyone know anything about generic nicomide? I heard there was a generic but my pharmacy doesn't seem to know anything about it.

Thanks

if she were to prescribe it to me it would cause redness and flushing and that it wouldn't work.

Nicomide contains niacinimide, which does not cause flushing, rather than niacin which does. It's intended for acne and rosacea.

For the rest of you, it's a combination of vitamins and minerals, the most active being zinc and niacinimide. Why don't you try taking the supplements?

The first thing that ever helped me was a b-complex with zinc which is pretty much the same thing, along with vitamin C which among the hundreds of things it does for you, is an anti-histimine. It did more for me than 2 courses of accutane.

i know that niacinamide was a great tranquilizer! it helped me to come off of Valium ages ago, and i think it may have helped some with inflammation. at the least, its anti-anxiety benefits would help by reducing stress and if youre prone to stress acne, than it may help. and as stated above, niacinamide will not cause flushing, but regular niacin will, so be sure to buy niacinamide. good luck!

fletch