Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
healthyboy

Major elements of excellent holistic health

I was thinking about what the major measures are that one can take in order to reach and maintain excellent health. So I made a little list of what I momentarily believe are major health measures. It's not supposed to go much into details, it's more like a rather general overview. Please feel free to critizize certain measures, complete the list and write what you think. There is no order to my list, so it doesnt necessarily mean that the last measure listed is less important than the first.

1. Nutrition

What you eat is what you are. There is no doubt that nutrition greatly affects health. Thats why right nutrition (as I said, I'm not going into the details) is a major health measure. If you don't believe this, inform yourself about people getting healed from acne, migraine and many other diseases through nutritional measures.

2. Inner Body Cleansing

Although I don't have any experiences myself with inner body cleansing yet, I believe it is a major health measure. Inner body cleansing means that you clean your organs (colon, liver, kidnesys, blood, etc.) from toxins that have accumulated over the years mainly through

malnutrition. There are endless reports of people, who after cleansing ( especially their colon and liver) have experienced partial or total healing. Read about it on this forum or on curezone.com

3. Strength training

From a certain age on (I believe around 30) your muscle mass begins to decrease and more and more pressure is put on your joints. By building more muscle you can minimize stress for your joints. From a psychological point of view, it just feels great to be well toned. I don't know about more benefits of strrngth training (I'm not deep into it) but I know it's generally considered a very good thing for your health

4. Endurance Training

Don't you think it's important to be able to walk the stairs up to the 5th floor without almost dying? By regular endurance training you ensure that the heart, lungs, and circulatory system do their job. Your heart will eventually be able to pump more blood and thus deliver more oxygen with greater efficiency.

5. Stretching

By stretching you will gain an improved range of motion, which will allow you to carry out everyday life's movements with greater ease. Especially in elderly people you can observe difficulties with simple movements resulting from their stiffness.

6. Body education through the Feldenkrais-Method, Alexander technique or other body centered learning techniques

These techniques are quite underestimated in their benefit for health. By developing a greater awareness for your body, they teach you how to use your body in a good way. You will learn how to improve your movement repertoire, reduce pain or limitations in movement and improve general well being and personal development.

7. Energetic Hygiene

It is a fact, that all there is, is energy. Your computer, your car, the plants, the animals, your own body are ultimately not hard matter, but energy. But what you as an average person perceive is only the hardest form of energy. There are people who can also perceive the more subtle forms of energy and from them we know that the body of living things doesnt end at the point which we can perceive, but goes far beyond. In other words: We don't only have a physical body but an aura of different layers which surrounds it.

The best way of taking care of your energy system is knowing a truly gifted healer with the natural ability to see and work on the aura. (Beware there are many fakers!) They can see where there are blockages and correct them.

But there are also good practitioners of the various energetic healing techniques, who do not have this natural ability. Examples for energetic healing techniques are: Jin shin jyutsu, accupuncture, qi gong, pranic healing.

You can also learn yourself to take care of your energetic system. A great technique for beginners is pranic healing. You will quickliy learn how to improve your general well being, get rid of flus, headaches, burnings and many more.

8. Faith

I won't write too much about this highly interesting topic, but there is truly a lot possible through faith. God can do things for us, that none of the before-mentioned health measurements are able to do. You think this is bullshit. I reccomend you read for example about Padre Pio, a grat Saint who lived in Italy and died in 1968. Hundres of thousands of people sought his help and were cured from all types of diseases: Cancer, Aids, Depressions, Blindness, etc. Or go to www.saintcharbel-annaya.com and inform yourself about how the great saint Charbel Maklouf (he is dead) is still healing people in great numbers today. But there is so much more going on in the midst of us that unfortunately only a minority is aware of. Inform yourself about Fratel Cosimo, James Manjackal, Medjougorje, Alan Ames,...

9. Closeness to nature

Embrace nature in all its facets! You will feel great and your body will also thank you. Ride your bike through the woods, climb the mountains with friends, take a swin in the sea, enjoy the sun, observe the animals, etc. I believe the more natural we are able to live, the healthier we will be. And to me it actually also means more fun.

10. Psychological health

I believe that for your psychological health it's very important to have an intact family and circle of friends. I also believe it's great to have friends of different ages, not only your age group. I love talking to elderly experienced people as much as I love talking to kids. For some people a person like a good psychiatrist or good priest might be important.

So momentarily I think these are the major measures that one can take for excellent holistic health. What do you think?

GOOD POST!!

I BELIEVE IN ALL YOU HAVE JUST SAID!!

GOOD WORK!

Ecspecially since I am studying to become an fitness and nutrition leader/personal trainer..

Most of those principles are in the sections I am covering right now!

Great post!

Excellent Post. I too agree with almost all that you have said although I would probably throw in HUMOR (Its good to have a hearty laugh every now and then) and SLEEP (The importance of sleep is way too underestimated. Chronic sleep deprivation can screw up the body like very few other things) somewhere in there.

Peace :D

Excellent Post. I too agree with almost all that you have said although I would probably throw in HUMOR (Its good to have a hearty laugh every now and then) and SLEEP (The importance of sleep is way too underestimated. Chronic sleep deprivation can screw up the body like very few other things) somewhere in there.

Peace :D

Hi Kaisen,

good to hear you liked the post.

You are absolutely right. There should always be lots of humour. I would even go as far and say that the more serious a situation is, the more humour should be present. Makes everyone calm down, see things clear again and finally produce better results.

Sleep is a very important point and I believe you are right, it should be part of the list. Unfortunately I don't know too much about it, so I didnt't dare writing about it. Do you have any sources (books, internet..) that you could reccomend? Maybe you can even write a few lines about the most important elements of good sleep.

Peace :)

GOOD POST!!

I BELIEVE IN ALL YOU HAVE JUST SAID!!

GOOD WORK!

Ecspecially since I am studying to become an fitness and nutrition leader/personal trainer..

Most of those principles are in the sections I am covering right now!

Great post!

Hi ariellestar1234,

Im glad you liked what I wrote.

I don't know much about the education to become a fitness trainer, but great that you are covering diversified subjects!

From what I have learnt about sleep I have come to realise that almost all our bodily functions are governed by some internal body clock which corresponds to the Nature.

Plants follow a certain pattern in their activities. Most emit Oxygen during the day and by the night there is change in the nature of their activity.

Similarly, you see animals never go against the natural order. The Nocturnal ones come out at night and rest in the day and so on.

And basically we humans are also animals (albeit more stupid and social) so it is harmful for us to go against the natural cycle of sleep/wake. And guessing by the bodily faculties we have been endowed with it is a safe bet to assume that we are Day time creatures (for example we cant see/hunt at night).

So to gain maximum benefit from sleep we need to harmonise our daily activities with the Natural circadian rhythm.

Again, sleep is not so simple.It is composed of different phases (beta, alpha, theta, delta) which essentially correspond to the rate of thought impulses in the mind. So to rejuvenate in the true sense, it does not suffice to just have a superficial sleep, in which case we only manage to enter the initial 1 or 2 phases which have a higher level of thought activity (but not as high as the awake state). We need to achieve the delta state ( minimum no. of thoughts per minutes/sec). That is why a frequently interrupted sleep of 10 hours (cant reach the delta stage) is much worse than an uninterrupted sleep of 6 hours (we get to the delta stage in this case).

These states follow a particular sequence. Therefore, to complete one whole cycle we need a period of 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep (Towards the end of the 2 hour period we would have attained the delta state of sleep which is the one responsible for maximum mind rejuvenation). And to completely recharge the mind to its maximum capacity we need to have 3 such complete cycles in a 24 hour period.

And, also we have ideal (natural) timing for completing these cycles. From what I know the most ideal time to get these 6 hours of sleep is from 10 PM - 4:00 AM .So if one is able to sleep 6 hours a day from 10 to 4 then he /she would feel greater degree of vitality throughout the day.

All this I learnt from an hour long video I saw on the Subject of sleep about an year ago. The lady delivering the lecture seemed very wise and knowledgeable and I felt like I could relate to most of the points she raised.

Keeping this in mind one could say that the wildly popular aphorism - Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise - has some truth as its basis.

So people just retire early and sleep atleast 6 hours. thats the basic idea.

Hope this helps

K

PS: And to those of you who have trouble waking up in the morning if you could somehow just stare outside the window at the daylight for 30 seconds immediately after you open your eyes, you would no longer feel like returning to bed again.