Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I've been using proactive now for... well, almost a year I think, last summer was when I tried it. Well, its been working... wait, it hasn't. Thats why I'm here: What works better? Price, honestly, doesn't matter to me, all I want is these dang zits gone and when I say gone, I mean, GONE.

So, what works? I'm thinking about trying that regimen thing listed here, but I'm unsure if that will work. Will someone conform it works that well? I don't have acne that bad, but its bad enough people have (Only friends honestly, but even then...) "Pizza face".

So, yeah, what works?

The regimen does work, but it will dry the hell out of your skin and make your face red. I have very oily skin and I stopped the regimen. I like to use dan's BP at night and wash twice a day. Keep it simple. Though you can try getting a prescription for "Klaron Lotion" and apply that in the morning. Use the BP at night and Klaron in the morning.

Can't really say what works and what doesn't. Otherwise this site wouldn't exist. I was also on proactive for a year and it didn't clear my skin, it just helped. I stopped using all medications at this point and with healthy eating habits, I'm pretty clear. Acne.org also has a regimen on this site that you can check out, "Dan's Regimen." Look around in these forums a bit, you'll get see a lot of opinions and ideas on what people use. You just have to see what works for you. Good luck.

My opinion - Noactive...

If you want to buy Acne Kits, maybe Clean and Clear? I've never tried it, but I heard that when you stop using it acne won't pop back up.

The best thing is to keep it simple-wash your face twice a day and apply bp at night. In the morning wash and apply a moisturizer/sunscreen. If you need to you can work your way up to applying bp twice a day. Basically, bp is the most effective acne medication you can find, wash and apply bp. Can't over emphasize this. Be gentle and keep it basic.