Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atrocious

accutane = misery

i've been on tane for eight months and i'm still breaking out. i'm lucky enough to have a cool dermatologist who agreed would keep on accutane until i'm completely clear. however, i'm losing my mind. i'm extremely angry all the time - at least 75% of the day and i feel like the world is against me during those times.

i usually see red spots when i rage and i want everyone to feel my wrath. luckily i'm not stupid enough to do anything because i still have enough common sense not to get killed or kill myself. these emotions are followed by severe crashes...where i'll sleep for hours on end and get extremely depressed. i have a history of mania but since i broke out with acne and especially when i started tane, it's intensified dramatically.

i want the acne to go...i cannot have it but i feel like accutane is driving me up a wall. my tolerance for people and issues is so low and it's a constant battle to contain myself. i'm still visiting my pschotherapist on a weekly basis and i haven't told him about accutane.

what should i do? i need some advice people...acne is the pinnacle of all my problems right now but i feel like i'm risking my sanity. it's almost like, either way, i'm going to snap and lose it. help?

can you fully tie your rage/depression to the accutane or the fact that your angry accutane isnt working as you expected?

what does your derm say about your progress? how badly are you breaking out still? any clearing?

also - why wouldnt you tell a psychotherapist about taking tane?

i would say, judging from some of your posts that you should stop taking it. some people improve once they come off tane.

can you fully tie your rage/depression to the accutane or the fact that your angry accutane isnt working as you expected?

what does your derm say about your progress? how badly are you breaking out still? any clearing?

also - why wouldnt you tell a psychotherapist about taking tane?

i would say, judging from some of your posts that you should stop taking it. some people improve once they come off tane.

you see...that's what's confusing me. i'm not sure if it's the tane that's driving me crazy or that i'm not clearing as much as i expected. maybe it's both. maybe i'm blowing it all out of proportion because tane is making me more susceptive to anger? i just don't know...

i don't know why i haven't told my psych why i'm on tane either...i really don't. also, i'm not breaking out as bad as i was initially...but the point i'm trying to make is that it's been eight months already, you know? the breakouts should of stopped by now...so....

Be carefull dude, sometimes you just got to know when to draw the line. You are in a similar situation as me, but the damage from tane didnt arise until shortly after i came off the drug. If you know deep down it has changed you in the ways you mention. You really need to stop. Have you considered your acne may be a form of folliculitus?

I want to know what happened to your positive attitude! :(

it's up and down...and by up and down, i mean up in the clouds and down in the pits.

Be carefull dude, sometimes you just got to know when to draw the line. You are in a similar situation as me, but the damage from tane didnt arise until shortly after i came off the drug. If you know deep down it has changed you in the ways you mention. You really need to stop. Have you considered your acne may be a form of folliculitus?

true. i've never heard of folliculitus.

I want to know what happened to your positive attitude! :(

it's up and down...and by up and down, i mean up in the clouds and down in the pits.

true. i've never heard of folliculitus.

I mean't to say folliculitis, i often type my respinses to quickly and don't check the spelling. But yeah folliculitis can be a problem for men who have been on accutane for a while. Is your 'acne' confined to the beard/lower cheek area by any chance?

I mean't to say folliculitis, i often type my respinses to quickly and don't check the spelling. But yeah folliculitis can be a problem for men who have been on accutane for a while. Is your 'acne' confined to the beard/lower cheek area by any chance?

it use to be. now it's all spread out across my face and neck.

I don't know if it helps, but I just finished my third month, and I'm still breaking out a lot.

I have very severe acne, too. In fact, it was much worse than that picture you linked to of yourself... and I also had feelings of depression, hate, etc. towards how I looked. I avoided people whenever I could, etc.

BUT, I am still staying positive, and I know you can, too. It's good that you're smart enough not to be suicidal, but you should still try to contain your anger and bad attitude. Easy for me to say, but you have to take the action.

If you can't control it, you really should get off of accutane.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... some people have worse acne than you do (like me) and we all just have to stay positive and hope isotretinoin does its stuff! Or you can hate on the drug but love everything else you do! :P

yo,

dude your problem is understandable

sounds like everyone above is accurate

-it most likely is your expentancy of your

ance (which is the root of your problems)

to just disappear and have everything be alright

usually accutane DOES DO THIS

i've never heard of a case accutane didnt heal

after as long as you. perhaps you have really bad

acne and accutane just needs more time. what was

your dose again?

just hang in there, take deep breaths when angry

and just try and imagine a day without acne

easier said then done

good luck

If it helps - I'm going into my tenth month of regular to high dosing, and this last month was the first time yet I haven't had to go in to get an injection. Sometimes I am really short tempered, definitely more than I used to be before Tane - but I've always been very calm before that ... so even when I'm upset, things aren't way out of wack compared to most people. A month or two ago, I was losing hope this stuff would ever work. It's finally making a good improvement for me. Good luck!

If it helps - I'm going into my tenth month of regular to high dosing, and this last month was the first time yet I haven't had to go in to get an injection. Sometimes I am really short tempered, definitely more than I used to be before Tane - but I've always been very calm before that ... so even when I'm upset, things aren't way out of wack compared to most people. A month or two ago, I was losing hope this stuff would ever work. It's finally making a good improvement for me. Good luck!

yup...i can only hope it. injections are only temporary for me because the spot will just swell up again in a matter of days.

first off, i just wanted to say that i'm really sorry you've been having issues with both acne and accutane.

i would strongly recommend telling your therapist about how you're feeling on accutane and if you're experiencing any mood swings. If you're worried about having to go off of accutane because the therapist says you should; don't worry. the therapist can only recommend you to do certain things; and they can't force you to stop taking accutane if you want to stay on it.

i definitely found that accutane had started making me feel kind of depressed the past few weeks (i've been taking 60 mg/day for a little over 3 months now) and i used to have depression. What i've done that's helped is forcing myself to run or at least walk as often as possible and get out and do things even if i don't want to do them.

If you can find an outlet -- whether it's exercise, playing music, listening to music, writing, talking to a friend..really anything that can serve as a catharsis i really recommend it. i think that'll help with your anger and stuff too.

best of luck to you and i hope things improve!

hi all

i was just going to start a new topic about depression/rage attributable to accutane, but found this thread. I've been on low dose (20mg) for a month now and my whole mood has changed - i'm frequently really down in the pits, am withdrawing socially and my tolerance is non-existent in terms of snapping at people for no reason. I know I'm doing it but can't seem to control it. I was never like this before. I'm hoping the side effects are worth the long term results of no acne, but i may not have any friends left at the end of it!