Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hopefully this diet will get rid of my acne for good; since I never really ate to healthy in the first place...its original purpose was a bulking diet.

I just want input if anyone knows if the after mentioned foods below can cause a breakout.

Well anybody who is into lifting weights and knows about bodybuilding also know that a correct diet is a must..mostly with cutting but bulking as well. I'm 6'2, 170lbs and want to be 185 by next school year (15 pounds of muscle in 4 monthes?)

Supps: Flaxseed Oil, Omega3, Vitamin A, C, B, Whey, Creatine (NO ANABOLICS)

Meal 1 -

1 cup Grapenuts

1 cup 2% Milk

1 tblspn Honey

1 glass water

Meal 2 -

6oz Grapes

1 cup 2% milk

1/2 cup Peanuts

2 glass water

Meal 3 -

Tuna Sandwhich

1 cup 2% milk

1 glass water

Meal 4 -

Meal Replacement Shake

1 glass water

Meal 5 -

6oz Tuna

6oz Grapes

1 glass water

1/4 cup Raisins

Meal 6 -

Meal Replacement Shake

1 glass water

Meal 7 -

1 tblspn Honey

^That's about 3300 calories.

Do any of these foods sound like something that would cause a breakout? Just curious because I'm sure some of you might know what does and doesn't.

Thanks

The milk, wheat, and peanuts you eat are all common acne triggers, unfortunately. Meal replacement shakes are also generally no-nos; they're full of artificial ingredients and added sugar by nature. Honey is full of sugar and not much else, and so might also be a culprit of your acne.

On top of that, this doesn't even seem like that good of a bulk diet; the macronutrients are off and you have too many empty calories. Additionally you aren't getting very much high-quality protein, except from the tuna.

I think that the Zone diet is probably a good choice here; it balances carbs, fat, and protein fairly well.

Imo your diet should be made up of lean meats, healthy oils, rice, oats, nuts, veggies, potatoes, etc.

Mehh. :wall:

Thanks for the advice man. I'm still kinda new at structuring my own diet and stuff, so I guess it does need a little work. However, I drink A LOT of milk normally which I should lay off of.

The MRP consists of Whey (Primaforce WPI), BSN Nitrix, Oatmeal, Honey (for high carbs only), and skim milk.

I can't really afford to subsitute it with anything else since I got a deal on the whey and nitric oxide..

And about the macronutrients being off..what do you mean. 50/30/20 is a standard ratio for most ectomorphs that I've read, do you know a better one? Essentially I've seen some that where slightly different but not to. Maybe you mean that I have basically all of my carbohydrate intake in the morning? That is on purpose because I do morning lifts --saving the protein for the evening for my body to repair with.

As far as the protein, you are right I do need more sources of it. But I am on a tight budget, and buying chicken breasts gets kind of expensive; know of any other sources I could add to the mix (hard right? if its not expensive its dairy or whey, and if its not dairy its low quality protein..).

Once again, thanks for the reply.

:)

The milk, wheat, and peanuts you eat are all common acne triggers, unfortunately. Meal replacement shakes are also generally no-nos; they're full of artificial ingredients and added sugar by nature. Honey is full of sugar and not much else, and so might also be a culprit of your acne.

On top of that, this doesn't even seem like that good of a bulk diet; the macronutrients are off and you have too many empty calories. Additionally you aren't getting very much high-quality protein, except from the tuna.

I think that the Zone diet is probably a good choice here; it balances carbs, fat, and protein fairly well.

Imo your diet should be made up of lean meats, healthy oils, rice, oats, nuts, veggies, potatoes, etc.

Is there gluten in oats? I thought there was which is why i substituted in barley. But yeah, all of what he said bro. Tuna on its own is not a good way to go, you need even just a small variety of meats like lamb, beef and fish. You'd be suprised how much nutrition needs you can satisfy with greens and meat.

Hey rakbs, which rice do you use? The debate between brown v white/basamati etc etc seems to be never ending.

your breakfast has no protein, its the most important meal for protein. the key for u will be to findout if dairy breaks you out or not. if not, 2-3 shakes of skim milk + whey protein will be good. Otherwise maybe rice milk + whey? ill have to find out how whey protein affects me in the future, i havent consumed it for quite a while.

ive been thinking about what i will do once i go back to training, maybe soemthing like

meal 1:

whole rolled oats

some assorted nuts, saltanas, ect, with some honey for flavour

rice milk

protein shake (rice milk + whey)

meal 2:

chicken/tuna/steak

brown rice

salad (with olive oil + vinegar as dressing)

fruit

meal 3:

chicken/tuna/steak

brown rice

fruit

meal 4:

chicken/tuna/steak

brown rice

fruit

meal 5: (post workout)

protein shake

meal 6: (dinner)

chicken/tuna/steak

brown rice

meal 7: (right before bed)

i dunno. ordinarily id say cottage cheese or soemthing, but ive cut out the dairy. so maybe another protein shake?

throw in more EFAs with avocados, salmon, walnuts ect

tuna is a lifesaver if ur on a budget btw. if you made the first 3 meals tuna and dinner as chicken/steak you'd be doing good

1.5-2 grams protein per lb of your bodyweight is the rule of thumb, and every meal has to have at least 30 grams protein, and you should eat every 2-3 hours.

Is there gluten in oats? I thought there was which is why i substituted in barley.

Actually oat doesn't have gluten intrinsically except for the fact that it is usually cross contaminated with wheat. If you can find gluten-free oats, like Bob's Red Mill or whatever it's called, that would be wayyyyy better than barley, considering that barley does contain gluten.

Is there gluten in oats? I thought there was which is why i substituted in barley.

Actually oat doesn't have gluten intrinsically except for the fact that it is usually cross contaminated with wheat. If you can find gluten-free oats, like Bob's Red Mill or whatever it's called, that would be wayyyyy better than barley, considering that barley does contain gluten.

Additionally, oats have a protein that's similar to gluten that might get a bad response from a celiac.

But they're at least worth trying. It also really helps to soak them before you eat them to get rid of wheat contaminants.

nyz17: I'm getting to your post in a minute.

im 17 male.. im 5'7 and I weight almost 135... I want to gain like 10 more pounds.. I currently eat very healthy and try to avoid acne breakouts.. here is a sample meal of my day

Meal 1 100% whole grain oatmeal with bananna/ ezekiel toast with almond butter.

meal 2 organic trail mix and fruits.. sunflower seeds and almonds, prunes,strawberries,blueberries,

meal 3 eggwhite sandwhich with avacado spread on toast.. and a small salad with veggies. or

meal 4 tuna/chicken/ or meat with an apple/

meal 5 turkey,eggs,chicken/ fish with veggies and salad.

meal 1 apple with protein shake or veggies and fruit.

ya protein in the morning is the most important time to get protein other than before and after your workout, if you can't protein take a shake and 15 lbs of muscle in 4 months is impossible unless ur on roids, u might gain 15 lbs in 4 months but only about 5 of it will be muscle, most people gain 15 lbs of muscle in a year and thats considered good.

Heres my revamped diet after a bit of research:

Meal 1 (6 AM) Breakfast

* 1-1/2 Grape nuts

* 1 cup Skim milk

* 1 banana

* 1 cup of egg beaters

* 1 tblspn Honey

Supplements:

o Multiple Vitamin/Mineral formula (A to Zinc)

o 2 Flaxseed Oil Pills

o x1 Vitiman A, B, C, E

o x1 Omega 3

Meal 2 (10 AM)

MRP: Whey (Primaforce WPI), BSN Nitrix, Creatine (Prolab), Oatmeal, Honey, Skim Milk,

Meal 3 (12 Noon)

* 1 medium sized baked potato

* 2 cups of green beans

* 1 Chicken breast

Meal 4 (3 PM)

MRP

Meal 5 (5:30 PM)

* 1-1/2 cup of brown rice

* 2 cups of broccoli

* 6 ounces of Tuna

Weight Train (7 PM-8 PM)

Meal 6 (8:30 PM)

* 1/2 cup of cream of rice

* 1 banana

* 1 slice whole wheat bread

Meal 7 (10:30 PM)

Protein Component

2 scoops of Prolabs Protein Component mixed with 3 scoops of Prolab carb component

if you're going to be drinking milk at least get hole milk, skim milk is horrible. Preferably you should drink raw milk, but if you cant get that go with whole milk. Especially since youre tryin to bulk up, i dont see why youd go with skim milk.

if you're going to be drinking milk at least get hole milk, skim milk is horrible. Preferably you should drink raw milk, but if you cant get that go with whole milk. Especially since youre tryin to bulk up, i dont see why youd go with skim milk.

Whole milk would make me break out like a mofo. And I've already ran the numbers, I'm over my protein ratio already anyway.

they say whole milk doesnt break you out as much as skim

Idk, I've always had the reverse happen to me.

Btw: has anyone had experience using any anabolics like animal stak?

meal 1 doesnt have enough protein... and u will wanna swap ur last meal, the protein shake, to directly after your training session. then like an hour later have dinner, which will involve a heap of carbs and protein.

meal 1 and 2 are also spread apart too far. I also dont see a lotta fats... how much protein per day is this all up

I'd seriously consider replacing the dairy and dairy based supplements with something else.

Also some of the carbs (bannana, cream of rice) are pretty high-gi, you may want to limit those to post-workout.

Hopefully this diet will get rid of my acne for good; since I never really ate to healthy in the first place...its original purpose was a bulking diet.

I just want input if anyone knows if the after mentioned foods below can cause a breakout.

Well anybody who is into lifting weights and knows about bodybuilding also know that a correct diet is a must..mostly with cutting but bulking as well. I'm 6'2, 170lbs and want to be 185 by next school year (15 pounds of muscle in 4 monthes?)

You need to rethink the whole idea.

An overage amateur bodybuilding plan would allow you to gain 0.5 pounds of muscles a week except maybe for something more the first week. That being said another problem is the amount of mass you want to gain in so little time. When we gain lot of mass the ligaments, tendons, nervous connections have no way to keep up with the pace of muscle growth.

This usually results in non functional muscles, poor oxygenation and recovery. Besides there's a strong difference between the hypertrophy you obtain from such a plan and the one you obtain from a more well-rounded fitness plan with a far less and fast muscular growth. One is myofibrillar hypetrophy and the other is sarcoplasmic hypetrophy.

They also look very different. The first looks more interwined with the body structure giving you a lean dry look. The other looks more like liquid retention enlarging your muscles like balloons. This is because this growth concern the citoplasm more than the fibers.

So what you want to ask yourself is whether you want the lean functional look of a martial artist of the bulky ballon-like look of hard core body building. This is important because nowaday whenever you want to be lean, fit and healthy ... everyone (professioanl or not) suggests you to train a body building and body building becomes the de-facto standard of body trasformation. This is ridicolous, expecially if other than look you want the strength, power, coordination, flexibility and conditioning that complements that look. If you're lean (not huge) and well coordinated and flexible your whole look is more credible, more real and hence more attractive. If you're filled like a ballon and bulky and can't put those mass at efficient use and actually move awckwardly ... your whole look will be ambigous, strange as if something is out of place and the whole acctracctiveness will go out of the window. The point is that bodybuilding training is the most unfunctional ever. You find a way to build a lot of extra weight burned and useless muscles which have the only purpose of burning energy from food. Powerlifter are amazingly strong and often way smaller than bodybuilders. But again strength has little to do with muscular size but with proper well timed contraction from a well conditioned nervous system.

The point I'm saying this is that I believe that really and working conditioning your muscles (rather than seeking quick hypertrophy) while developing a well-rounded fitness, is the best way to transform your body and your fitness while also maitaning your skin safe.

You need to rethink the whole idea.

An overage amateur bodybuilding plan would allow you to gain 0.5 pounds of muscles a week except maybe for something more the first week. That being said another problem is the amount of mass you want to gain in so little time. When we gain lot of mass the ligaments, tendons, nervous connections have no way to keep up with the pace of muscle growth.

This usually results in non functional muscles, poor oxygenation and recovery. Besides there's a strong difference between the hypertrophy you obtain from such a plan and the one you obtain from a more well-rounded fitness plan with a far less and fast muscular growth. One is myofibrillar hypetrophy and the other is sarcoplasmic hypetrophy.

They also look very different. The first looks more interwined with the body structure giving you a lean dry look. The other looks more like liquid retention enlarging your muscles like balloons. This is because this growth concern the citoplasm more than the fibers.

So what you want to ask yourself is whether you want the lean functional look of a martial artist of the bulky ballon-like look of hard core body building. This is important because nowaday whenever you want to be lean, fit and healthy ... everyone (professioanl or not) suggests you to train a body building and body building becomes the de-facto standard of body trasformation. This is ridicolous, expecially if other than look you want the strength, power, coordination, flexibility and conditioning that complements that look. If you're lean (not huge) and well coordinated and flexible your whole look is more credible, more real and hence more attractive. If you're filled like a ballon and bulky and can't put those mass at efficient use and actually move awckwardly ... your whole look will be ambigous, strange as if something is out of place and the whole acctracctiveness will go out of the window. The point is that bodybuilding training is the most unfunctional ever. You find a way to build a lot of extra weight burned and useless muscles which have the only purpose of burning energy from food. Powerlifter are amazingly strong and often way smaller than bodybuilders. But again strength has little to do with muscular size but with proper well timed contraction from a well conditioned nervous system.

The point I'm saying this is that I believe that really and working conditioning your muscles (rather than seeking quick hypertrophy) while developing a well-rounded fitness, is the best way to transform your body and your fitness while also maitaning your skin safe.

i dont think hes gonna achieve the big ballooned bodybuilder look without 5+ years of training, or unless he did roids. which would be counter-productive to the whole acne thing, i think. rofl

i dont think hes gonna achieve the big ballooned bodybuilder look without 5+ years of training, or unless he did roids. which would be counter-productive to the whole acne thing, i think. rofl

Yeah but he must really know what he wants otherwise he will just waste those years.

The problem is that bodybuilding training and nutrition are considered nowadays the standards for fitness and physical trasformation and nothing could be more incorrect. Bodybuilding is the standard of just one thing: bodybuilding itself, which is something different than being muscular or lean.

Additionally, oats have a protein that's similar to gluten that might get a bad response from a celiac.

But they're at least worth trying. It also really helps to soak them before you eat them to get rid of wheat contaminants.

Ok, so if you were to do this, would you soak the oats before you eat them, strain them, then have them with rice milk or whatever, OR - would you soak your whole packet all at once, strain them & dry them, and then put them into your container for later servings?

Is either method fine? - the latter would be more convinient obviously.

Ok, so if you were to do this, would you soak the oats before you eat them, strain them, then have them with rice milk or whatever, OR - would you soak your whole packet all at once, strain them & dry them, and then put them into your container for later servings?

Is either method fine? - the latter would be more convinient obviously.

BUMP