Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

What to do about scars that are left

I have finished my second course of Roaccutane four months ago. So far as my oil returns I have not had the acne return though I have had a few spots that don't seem to eventuate to big pussfilled pimples and go away quickly. I seem to be noticing the scars that are left on my chin more though. I don't know if they are getting worse or if I am just fisating on them more. Has anyone else had this experience? I have a few kind of dents which are actually the results of teh chicken pox years ago but they seem worse to me now, and I have a general unevenness to the skin on my chin at the corners of my mouth. I know there may not be a way to get rid of these permanently but what would be the 'best' treatment to minimize their appearance? I am getting paranoid that people look at them averytime they talk to me, and lets face it, after going through the agony and then success of acne and Roaccutane, i just want to feel like I look good now, not freaky again!! May husband thinks I need to talk to a counsellor (he, he) as he thinks I am being paranoid but I see it so I am sure that everyone else does too and he is trying to make me feel better by saying it looks alright.

Obvioiusly my skin is still pretty sensitive so I can't undergo anything to full on yet but what have others tried with success. I have already tried to used a Vitamin C Serum (I m using the Skinceuticals range) but I did get a few spots from it so I think it is too early to use product like this.

Any advice would be appreciated.