Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyz17

Why? What is the point of it all?

I'm tired of it all, and I haven't even been on this forum for a week yet.

I am already so sick of trying to get rid of my minor acne/imperfections just so I can fit in and conform to society's new "standards". Lets face it (no pun intended), not everyone can look like all the perfect people you see in the magazines/news. And to be honest, I don't know if I would even want to be that person if I had the chance anyway.

How did it come to this? How did the world come to everybody having to do everything they can to look there best? I haven't figured it out yet, but maybe its the fact there are so many products out there to improve yourself that if you don't..perhaps people think you are lazy or just don't care.

Well if that's the case, I don't care, because honestly, the only reason people go apeshit everyday over there looks is because of OTHER people; "what are people gonna think", "i hope nobody notices...", etc, etc. Nothing is keeping you from living a happy and normal life, only yourself, because there is no rule out there that says you have to conform to such perfectionist ideologies.

I know most of you will agree with me on this, but nobody will follow up on it. We will all go about our normal regimens and routines, when deep down you know these words are true.

It just makes me sick, but whatever, you do what you want - it's your life to live - not mine.

I think your absolutely right. However, acne generally strikes as a teenager. And when your a teenager, its very difficult to think like that. Your very self-conscious at that age, and insecure. However if your letting it stop you living your life, you probably do need to get a grip of yourself.

Also I find acne niggles away at me like a loose tooth. I just want to get rid of it and never have to think about my skin again. I hate having to think about my acne every time I look in the mirror or I get an itch on my skin.