Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had this cyst on my chin for a month and a half now! Unfortunately I picked it initially and the area scabbed but the area it still red and swollen now (no pain at all though!).

Some days it feels flatter, some days it's swollen again...I'm on Roaccutane and when I went to see the dermatologist he said it didn't need a cortisone injection and it should go eventually on its own.

How long do these cysts stick around for? (I've never had one before) I'm really scared that the longer it's there the more likely it's going to scar.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Well there is no set amout of time. I have no idea when they decide to go away. I had two sebacious cysts that are abit deeper than the one you describe, and I needed surgery to remove them, and it left quite a scare too.

If its stll there by your next appt, tell the doctor you want it cortizoned. Theres no reason to wait around for it to go away on its own. If it was on his face I bet he would of done it. :-s

I got a cyst on my chin whilst on ro-acc.. It was there for about 2months i rekon (seemed forever), But i left well alone.

Proper painful aint they!

It may take longer to heal now if you picked at it...But should go in its own time...Just dont mess.

You wouldnt even kno i had one there now.

G'luck smile.gif

i have one cyst acne spot, with no pus, on my cheek. It been there for 2 months nearly now. I am currently just trying to leave it alone. It goes up and down, espcially if aggreviated.

I plan to leave it, howver, if i inject with cortisone, is it likely to will form a indentation ie crater??????

Will hydrocortisone cream help?

thanks

It leaves an indentation where the needle went in, mine faded after about a month or two but I guess it depends on the size of the cyst. I honestly would not know if hydrocortisone cream would help but I've read in other threads that it does. I don't know. Let us know if you try it.

Thanks R4chel! I feel abit more relieved now that I'm now the only one who's had this freaky cyst hanging around for a month and a half!

I never get cysts so hopefully (fingers crossed!) this one won't scar. It's not painful at all. And it's quite flat so with make-up over it nobody knows it's there. It's only red in the middle from where I picked it but when I touch it there seems to be something still under there.

I hope it won't permanently scar me if I wait another 3 weeks to see my derm. But I think if it's still here in 3 weeks time then it's best to get a cortisone injection.

labelleen, was the indentation that the injection left really noticeable? I've never had an injection done....does the cyst just disappear in a couple of days?

Also how do I know when a cyst is dying and on its way out? Mine's almost flat, has no pain, does this mean that it's on it's way out?

labelleen, was the indentation that the injection left really noticeable? I've never had an injection done....does the cyst just disappear in a couple of days?

Mine had a small indentation but went away after about a month, I cannot find it anymore, but I guess it depends on the size of the cyst. As for the cyst, I got the injection in the morning and was gone almost by night but for sure the next day, again it depends on the size. Let us know how it goes!

Hey Scoroprious

I see u have had surgery to remove ur sebucous cysts. Please tell me how that works, when you did it and the results. I have them too.

Thank you so much. =D>

Thanks labelleen. I'll definitely keep you posted. To be honest it keeps flattening out but there definitely is something still under the skin.

I'm going to wait until I next see my derm in 3 weeks time and if it's still there I'll ask for the cortisone injection

i have one cyst acne spot, with no pus, on my cheek. It been there for 2 months nearly now. I am currently just trying to leave it alone. It goes up and down, espcially if aggreviated.

I plan to leave it, howver, if i inject with cortisone, is it likely to will form a indentation ie crater?????? 

Will hydrocortisone cream help?

thanks

Quick question if anyone can help me here:

I've been using the vinegar method for a few weeks now and I am noticing small changes in my face in a positive way!! (YAY). I am also using proactive but after the Proactiv cleanser I use vinegar on my face then aply the Proactiv Repairing lotion.

Currenly I have one cyst from HELL that wont seem to go away. It doesnt hurt and I apply straight Apple Cider Vinegar on that spot. It turns white after application then back to the original color (I am Black) so it turns back to my skin color but just a tad red. This morning I noticed a small dot on the cyst...kinda like a scab but I don't DARE Touch it (LOL) could this be the beginning stages of this cyst draining?

Anyway ~ the advice on this board is just amazing!!!

Aurelia

sounds like its head's forming so it might be ready to drain. I also use vinegar before repairing lotion. Wherever I have a cyst or pimple, I wet a piece of toilet paper with lots of vinegar and leave it on the spot for as long as I can. I try to do this many times a day. I also used Hydrogen Peroxide for a couple of days and zits quickly dried out but people began telling me it was bad. I don't know but I had read in an article that this was helpful in clearing acne. here's the link to the thread: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=19973

So do I continue on with the Vinegar as I have been (applying it straight to the cyst...) your quote **sounds like its head's forming so it might be ready to drain.** seems a bit scary...lol

I haven't been touching it but want to be sure its ok to keep applying the Straight Vinegar to that spot...I'm afraid of buring it or something.

I have not use Hydrogen Peroxide and thanks for that link. I think I'll stick to my Vinegar and Proactiv routine. Just trying to rid myself of this mountain on the side of my nose sad.gif

Thanks for your help.

Aurelia

continue the vinegar. I know what you mean about the Hydrogen Peroxide, I stopped right away but it did help those two days I used it. Good Luck.

Thanks again and for my final question lol When it drains will the cyst spot just be loose skin? Do I push on the cyst? Will it leave a scar and do I continue with the vinegar treatment on that spot?

I'm just a bundle of questions trying to figure out the best way to proceed w/o a lot of scarring issues.

TIA

Aurelia

Thanks for that link. Sounds like something I need to do over the weekend. I will continue with the vinegar and try the method that you linked me to if this cyst isn't drained by then

Thanks again for your help!! I truly appreciate it!

Aurelia

Thanks for the info labelleen but I was also wondering whether it's safe to apply straight apple cider vinegar to the cyst while I'm on Roaccutane?

As my skin's alot more fragile at the moment.

The cyst keeps getting flatter but no head or anything. It's just been around too long now and I'm terrified that it'll scar!!

Do cysts always leave a scar?

Proxy - I had surgery a few years ago, one was on my sholder and one was on my back. They used a local (needle injections) to numb the area, and then he basically cuts your skin and removes it. It didnt hurt at all, but the scars are stil there, you need to stay out of the sun (no tanning) for at least a year I was told. It pretty much has the same color as the skin next to it. I was told I could have it restitched to make it a thinner line. But you'll have them. It's not a big deal for me, I've accepted the scars and they don't hold me back. You really can't even see it unless your like really close to me.

Thanks R4chel! I feel abit more relieved now that I'm now the only one who's had this freaky cyst hanging around for a month and a half!

I never get cysts so hopefully (fingers crossed!) this one won't scar. It's not painful at all. And it's quite flat so with make-up over it nobody knows it's there. It's only red in the middle from where I picked it but when I touch it there seems to be something still under there.

I hope it won't permanently scar me if I wait another 3 weeks to see my derm. But I think if it's still here in 3 weeks time then it's best to get a cortisone injection.

Also how do I know when a cyst is dying and on its way out? Mine's almost flat, has no pain, does this mean that it's on it's way out?

Thanks for the info labelleen but I was also wondering whether it's safe to apply straight apple cider vinegar to the cyst while I'm on Roaccutane?

I'm not sure, I don't know much about Roaccutane. I use vinegar as a toner and then use topicals. If it's not too drying on your face I would say it's fine. make sure you dilute the vinegar with water though, I didn't know I had to dilute it until I woke up red faced.