Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claudialynn

What Foods Should I be avoiding?

Noooo! Carrot contains beta carotene, which is only converted to vitamin a if the body needs it :)

Milk and eggs both have Vit A. I don't know if I should be avoiding them, but I'm not.

I don't think they contain sufficiently enough vitamin a to be a problem. For example, pregnant women are advised against eating liver due to its high vitamin a content but no against eating eggs or milk (unless advised against raw egg products which would be for the totally different risk of food poisoning). I'd say its good to avoid liver but otherwise small amounts of vitamin a in other foods are okay.

I had to cook it at work once. I can safely say I'd never be tempted to eat it! Oh, also avoid pate. But again, does anyone even eat that stuff?!

I've heard you should avoid foods containing vitamin A while on Accutane...

Does anyone have some examples of what to avoid??

Thanks!

I didn't change my diet one bit.

i really dont think foods have enough vit a in to be a problem, dont stop eating them! liver and pate are gorgeous!!!!! :)

the only thing my derm said not to take was vit a supplements, obviously.

Ummm... Thanks for the responses... I'll be sure to avoid liver and pate... Not that I ever eat that to begin with!!

I will just avoid vitamin a suppliments... Does that mean no multivitamins while on Accutane?

Thanks!

Ahh I don't think you need to avoid any foods really, assuming that you don't eat excess amounts of liver (which you already told us that you don't, besides who does eat liver daily?!).

Just stay away from the vitamin A tablets and multivitamin tablets containing vitamin A and you'll be just fine!

all this talk about liver reminds me of the old nickelodeon show Doug where Doug has to eat liver and onions. yeah that was random.

I remember that show! I used to watch it when I was younger.

Ummm... Thanks for the responses... I'll be sure to avoid liver and pate... Not that I ever eat that to begin with!!

I will just avoid vitamin a suppliments... Does that mean no multivitamins while on Accutane?

Thanks!

Yeah ..no multivitamins.