Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devin00

New to the Regimen. Is this normal?

Ok, I've been on DKR for around a week, and the good news is that there has been a noticeable improvement in my mild to moderate acne. Acne is not forming on my face as much as it used to.

My problem is that my face now has forming what looks like layers of dead or dying skin , and it looks looks like it's getting worse. My skin is dry and getting flaky, but I understand that's normal since I just started using the regimen. I know the problem isn't flakiness, because it's not peeling off like flakes do. This "dead or dying skin" is stuck to my face, and it doesn't come off when I wash my face or when I use an exfoliation brush. Oh, and strange thing is that this isn't a problem on my forehead for some reason.

Anyone know or experience what I'm talking about? I'm afraid I'll have to stop using DKR if this gets worse and doesn't go away.

Ok, I've been on DKR for around a week, and the good news is that there has been a noticeable improvement in my mild to moderate acne. Acne is not forming on my face as much as it used to.

My problem is that my face now has forming what looks like layers of dead or dying skin , and it looks looks like it's getting worse. My skin is dry and getting flaky, but I understand that's normal since I just started using the regimen. I know the problem isn't flakiness, because it's not peeling off like flakes do. This "dead or dying skin" is stuck to my face, and it doesn't come off when I wash my face or when I use an exfoliation brush. Oh, and strange thing is that this isn't a problem on my forehead for some reason.

Anyone know or experience what I'm talking about? I'm afraid I'll have to stop using DKR if this gets worse and doesn't go away.

Did you immediately start the regimen with 2 pumps of BP? If so, your face probably wasn't use to so much BP and immediately started having problems with irritation which would explain the dry skin/peeling. You may even be allergic to BP. Trying using less BP and let us know what the results are.

I used Proactiv before I did DKR, which also uses BP, and I got that flaking/cracked looking skin too. It eventually sheds off and "normalizes."

Well, I doubt my skin is allergic to BP, since I've used it before DKR and my skin never reacted this way. If this is from an allergic reaction, then maybe it's possible there is something else in DKR that is causing it.

I think I may have started off using too much, even though I'm using around less than 1 pump. Also, I've been quickly rubbing BP in my skin, and not how Dan instructs to do. That probably isn't helping this problem.

I think I should take a break off of DKR, and let my skin recover, then try again using a smaller amount.

" I used Proactiv before I did DKR, which also uses BP, and I got that flaking/cracked looking skin too. It eventually sheds off and "normalizes."

How long did it take for your skin to adjust to BP?

Well, I doubt my skin is allergic to BP, since I've used it before DKR and my skin never reacted this way. If this is from an allergic reaction, then maybe it's possible there is something else in DKR that is causing it.

I think I may have started off using too much, even though I'm using around less than 1 pump. Also, I've been quickly rubbing BP in my skin, and not how Dan instructs to do. That probably isn't helping this problem.

I think I should take a break off of DKR, and let my skin recover, then try again using a smaller amount.

" I used Proactiv before I did DKR, which also uses BP, and I got that flaking/cracked looking skin too. It eventually sheds off and "normalizes."

How long did it take for your skin to adjust to BP?

I'd say a good two weeks, although I still have issues with flaking, but it comes off now, where as before, it was stuck to my face as you described.

When I had been using the regimen for around a week, I upgraded the BP from halft a pump to around 4/5 of a pump.. Bad decision. My skin was peeling and flaky!! I stepped down to half a pump again and now my skin is looking great. Im slowly upgrading again. Ive been on the regimen for 2,5 weeks now.

Hi there. If you can get a hold of some jojoba oil, try adding a few drops of this to your moisturizer. This should help slough off those flakes.

Even if you do nothing, I found the flakes eventually slough off on their own. But even once these initial flakes disappear, I think you may find the flakiness will come and go in cycles, as your body makes new epidermal layers and sheds the old ones. At least that's been my experience. Moisturizing will help blend the existing flakes as well as help keep your skin's balance in check as the BP does its work.

It's good that you're listening to your skin, and if it's telling you "Less BP, please" then it's important to listen. Not rushing the process may take a little longer but will ultimately yield better results.

Hope this helps! :)