Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kriszti

Getting a litte discouraged. . .

So I've been using the DKR since 5/19/08, so that is a little over three weeks now. I was on Proactiv for about five weeks prior to that, so suffice it to say that I've using BP for about eight weeks now. Well, I'm breaking out something wicked lately. I don't know if it is the hot and humid weather we had, the jojoba oil I started using on Saturday, or my make-up, but my skin looks like crap. I have six active suckers- three on the chin/right-side of jaw, one under the nostril, one doozy on the side of my left cheek, and a little guy to the right of my mouth. WTF? Oh, and it is that time of the month, so that could also be certainly playing a big role in all of this. I told myself that I would give the DKR at least to the end of summer to let it do it's thing, but I'm getting a little discouraged here. What do you all think? Just be patient and stay the course?

So I've been using the DKR since 5/19/08, so that is a little over three weeks now. I was on Proactiv for about five weeks prior to that, so suffice it to say that I've using BP for about eight weeks now. Well, I'm breaking out something wicked lately. I don't know if it is the hot and humid weather we had, the jojoba oil I started using on Saturday, or my make-up, but my kin looks like crap. I have six active suckers- three on the chin/right-side of jaw, one under the nostril, one doozy on the side of my left cheek, and a little guy to the right of my mouth. WTF? Oh, and it is that time of the month, so that could also be certainly playing a big role in all of this. I told myself that I would give the DKR at least to the end of summer to let it do it's thing, but I'm getting a little discouraged here. What do you all think? Just be patient and stay the course?

My experience with DKR is that when I first began it, my face got better, then broke out for about 2-3 weeks. It's been about a month now and the breakouts subsided and my skin is finally getting clear. I know when you try a new treatment, you're so optimistic and think this MAY be the miracle treatment so it affects your judgement. Just give it time, make sure you're doing the regimen as Dan has it layed out, using the right amount of BP etc, and you'll be fine. Everyone is in a hurry to get rid of their acne, just give it time.

So I've been using the DKR since 5/19/08, so that is a little over three weeks now. I was on Proactiv for about five weeks prior to that, so suffice it to say that I've using BP for about eight weeks now. Well, I'm breaking out something wicked lately. I don't know if it is the hot and humid weather we had, the jojoba oil I started using on Saturday, or my make-up, but my kin looks like crap. I have six active suckers- three on the chin/right-side of jaw, one under the nostril, one doozy on the side of my left cheek, and a little guy to the right of my mouth. WTF? Oh, and it is that time of the month, so that could also be certainly playing a big role in all of this. I told myself that I would give the DKR at least to the end of summer to let it do it's thing, but I'm getting a little discouraged here. What do you all think? Just be patient and stay the course?

My experience with DKR is that when I first began it, my face got better, then broke out for about 2-3 weeks. It's been about a month now and the breakouts subsided and my skin is finally getting clear. I know when you try a new treatment, you're so optimistic and think this MAY be the miracle treatment so it affects your judgement. Just give it time, make sure you're doing the regimen as Dan has it layed out, using the right amount of BP etc, and you'll be fine. Everyone is in a hurry to get rid of their acne, just give it time.

Yeah, I know that patience is key with this program, so I'm going to give it time. It's not I have some better treatment option out there right now anyway. :P

also do be careful about what makeup your using, ive found that stuff you've used before may not be suitable anymore because bp makes your skin much more sensitive. check the ingredients through on http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist here and have a search on the cosmetics forum to see what people think of what you're using. also feel free to pm me if you have any makeup questions as maybe i can be of some help!

also do be careful about what makeup your using, ive found that stuff you've used before may not be suitable anymore because bp makes your skin much more sensitive. check the ingredients through on http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist here and have a search on the cosmetics forum to see what people think of what you're using. also feel free to pm me if you have any makeup questions as maybe i can be of some help!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. ;)

Hang in there Kriszti!

I'm in my 6th week and was a bit discouraged by two tiny zits, then I remembered how bad it was before DKR. :)

I've seen some of your posts, you've got the right mind set.

Goodluck!

What is the jojoba oil for?

I think your time of the month certainly has something to do with all these new breakouts. I've been on accutane for five months and I've been off of it for nine months now and my skin's condition is pretty okay unless I'm on my time of the month then my skin is more oily and irritated somewhat.

Jojoba oil is for the nasty little flakies from the BP.

Here is how it is looking today. That big sucker on the left side of my face is really bumming me out, but it will be gone by next weekend. . . I hope. Oh, and excuse the poor quality pic. It was taken with my Mac and I'm in a poorly-lit room. I'm too lazy to go to a better-lit room at this moment. :

I say hang in there and keep doing the regimen. I thought NOTHING would be able to cure my type of acne, but Dan's regimen did the trick. I have a feeling that if you persist it will work for you. It's just getting through those first few weeks (sometimes months) that is key. Just think of the probable end result though.

Make sure you are now using the full amount of bp (two full pumps) twice daily, and hang in there. Many people do not begin to get real clear until after 2-3 months.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, everyone. I know I just need to be patient and wait it out until the end of summer.

Make sure you are now using the full amount of bp (two full pumps) twice daily, and hang in there. Many people do not begin to get real clear until after 2-3 months.

Yeah, I'm finally up to two pumps now for about two weeks. I can see an improvement in my complexion's quality in the areas where I'm not broken out, but it'll take a while on those stubborn areas.