Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StemCell

My Regimen experience so far

Hi everyone,

I am 22 years old, male, and have had moderate acne for about 6-7 years now. Its always seemed to come and go, get better then get worse. I could never really pin down the cause of it. Id wash my skin 3 times a day and constantly break out, then id get frusterated and wash my skin every other day and get complimented on how much my skin had cleared up. Ive been on the regimen for about a month now and for the 2 weeks prior i was washing my face with St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub(medicated with salycitic acid). So far i've had pretty good results, ive gone from constantly having about 3-5 active pimples on my face at any given time, to usually not having any. A breakout for me used to be about 3-5 new zits all at once, now a breakout is about 1 zit a day for 2-3 days. Also the new zits clear up much faster. I used to get a small red spot that would take about 4 days to turn into a white head and then another week to heal. Now ill get the red spot first thing in the morning, by evening its a white head, and by the next day its on its way to being healed.

I would definatly recomend this regimen to anyone considering acutene, this page sortof saved me from it. My doctor had almost convinced me to take it, wrote me a perscription and everything. I went to fill it but they needed extra authorization that was gonna take another day. That night i found this site and decided to give it a try. and so far so good.

I have a couple questions. I have modified the routine slightly, I will usually use the apricot scrub i was using before to help in exfoliating my skin. Also once a week i use a facial mask to help heal my skin and my scars. Is it overkill to do this?

Ive always had pretty tough skin, and almost never cut myself while shaving. I can use a salycitic acid facial scrub folowed by benzole peroxide and no moisturizer with almost no flaking or peeling.

Anyways any input would be great

Thanks

Up and till the regimen that apricot scrub had always been the best for me to clear up acne, but it never seemed to completly stop it. It might be a goo

go into this site's homepage and it'll give you the regimen but it's basically 2.5% benzoyl peroxide twice a day after washing your face with a gentle cleanser and moisturizing afterwards.

StemCell,

I would wait until you are completely clear to add in other variables such as a scrub or a mask or salicylic acid. Once you are clear, you can add in 1 variable at a time. If you begin now by adding in variables there is no telling what is working and what is not.

Sounds like you are on your way. Good luck.

-Dan

Thanks for your input everyone. I will stay the course, and maybee lay off the masks for now. Another question, is there any safe way to pop a zit. I know constantly messing with it and picking at it is really bad, as is scratching off a whitehead. I have a cosmetic thingy made specifically for it. its a thin metal bar with a hole big enough to go around the whitehead. Usually i will prick the zit with a sterilzed needle and gently squeeze it out. This method usually causes the pimple to heal rather quickly, but is it still a bad idea?