Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belief

Acne below mouth

I have inflammed acne below my mouth, some are pretty big red inflammed spots. Most have come to a head and pus has come out and i'd put an antiseptic on them, so they're not infected. Most have healed over but are still red raised bumps. Should I continue applying BP to this area as part of Dan's regimen or just let them heal without the BP? Any way to make them heal faster?

Id say try without BP.

From my experience red bumps have a nasty habit of reforming.. but for me that doesnt happen for pimples on my mouth area, so just keep it clean. Mine usually goes off in time, and usually in a few days.

Dairy could be a trigger for the inflammation.

Well i've been under a lot of stress lately so this may be why?

I'd say you should apply bp. My mouth-area acne are more tenacious and painful than a lot of my other acne, and they constantly re-form in cycles. Try to prevent pimples down there with bp, just as you try to prevent pimples on other parts of your face with it.

I'd say you should apply bp. My mouth-area acne are more tenacious and painful than a lot of my other acne, and they constantly re-form in cycles. Try to prevent pimples down there with bp, just as you try to prevent pimples on other parts of your face with it.

Thanks, just wanted to know as been on Dans regimen for over a year and a half and this is the first time i've had a major breakout. Must be the stress. But the spots are draining pus as they break open. Guess i'll just carry on applying the BP and put an antibacterial over the top.

I always nail anything active or remotely active with BP. Its my style. Also watch out for chocolate, it gave me a nasty breakout around the mouth...the kind you have to pop like 3 or 4 times. Never again :snooty:

I always nail anything active or remotely active with BP. Its my style. Also watch out for chocolate, it gave me a nasty breakout around the mouth...the kind you have to pop like 3 or 4 times. Never again :snooty:

I don't eat chocolate so I can rule that out. The popping 3 or 4 times made me laugh as that is exactly what i'm going through at the moment. Pus just seems to keep oozing out of them. Seem to be a lot better now though.