Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rcr0412

big breakout, what was it from ?

i just had a big breakout today, after not having much acne for the past few months, i am trying to think of the cause, i have been dairy and gluten free for a few months and i had some ice cream the other day for the first time and i think it did it, or was it that i stopped taking fiber. i also had 2 gluten free rolls, very high gi i am thinking, i had 2 under ground pimples and a lot of little red bumps at least 5 on my nose, does anyone have any ideas what caused it, i am thinking the dairy but i am not sure, i did recently go off benzoil peroxide and started using exfoliating moisturizer

Thanks

i just had a big breakout today, after not having much acne for the past few months, i am trying to think of the cause, i have been dairy and gluten free for a few months and i had some ice cream the other day for the first time and i think it did it, or was it that i stopped taking fiber. i also had 2 gluten free rolls, very high gi i am thinking, i had 2 under ground pimples and a lot of little red bumps at least 5 on my nose, does anyone have any ideas what caused it, i am thinking the dairy but i am not sure, i did recently go off benzoil peroxide and started using exfoliating moisturizer

Thanks

It sounds like you have multiple causations for the breakout. I noticeably breakout when I eat foods I don't tolerate well, but the worst my skin has ever been was a month or so after I stopped using BP. That's my best guess.

Sugar breaks me out everytime. For the past two weeks, I've been fasting sugar and my skin has cleared up tremendously. It hasn's cleared up completely, though. I did drink diet coke, so i'm pretty sure the artificial sweeteners have something to do with it. Or it could be wheat, I haven't tried to fast that yet.

Sugar breaks me out everytime. For the past two weeks, I've been fasting sugar and my skin has cleared up tremendously. It hasn's cleared up completely, though. I did drink diet coke, so i'm pretty sure the artificial sweeteners have something to do with it. Or it could be wheat, I haven't tried to fast that yet.

can't be icecream , unless ur allergic to the milk , theres milk on icecream.

EddiE, that´s a stupid thing to say. A lot of people here are very sensitive against sugar and dairy... I don´t tolerate dairy, sugar, wheat, rice, potatoes, tubercules, honey - etc! because of the carbs and sugars in them. So ice cream would indeed make me break out...

its neutrogena healthy skin

Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5%)

AHA

im looking for something more natural, i am very oily as it is, i want to get of the topicals, just maybe use a cleanser and exfoliate

I highly suggest you try Dr. Bronners Peppermint oil soap. It's cheap and it removes any possible oil on your face. a little goes A LONG WAY! And peppermint oil has been known to inhibit sebum production..

its neutrogena healthy skin

Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5%)

AHA

im looking for something more natural, i am very oily as it is, i want to get of the topicals, just maybe use a cleanser and exfoliate

sounds great, i will give that a try, i was using desert essence acne wash which didn't seem to be too bad, but still too many ingredients

yeah, just remember that a DROP of that shit and your face will be squeecky clean. It's very powerful, so dilute it thoroughly...