Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DonFlamingo

Exercising/perspiring & breakouts

I normally run (outdoors) between 12pm-2pm, but I wash my face every night so it's not like it's oily/dirty at the start of the day. But lately I have been breaking out since I started exercising outdoors again. I can't pinpoint to anything else but that. Do you think it's necessary to wash before I exercise? It'd be such a hassle though, could I just wipe my face with an astringent? Also, after you've done intense exercise, do you wash your face with warm or cold water? I wash with warm and rinse with cold water otherwise.

I normally run (outdoors) between 12pm-2pm, but I wash my face every night so it's not like it's oily/dirty at the start of the day. But lately I have been breaking out since I started exercising outdoors again. I can't pinpoint to anything else but that. Do you think it's necessary to wash before I exercise? It'd be such a hassle though, could I just wipe my face with an astringent? Also, after you've done intense exercise, do you wash your face with warm or cold water? I wash with warm and rinse with cold water otherwise.

I run outdoors as well. However, I try to avoid those hours! I do wash my face with a mild facial cleanser before runs. Mostly because I use Differin at night and they say to avoid sun exposure when using the product. Probably a bad idea to have it on my face. Also, I always wash right after I run when I take a shower. I used to have a problem of brushing the sweat off my face during runs. I always noticed more breakouts from that then sweat alone. Astringents can be irritating because of the alcohol level. I'd try to avoid them before your run. I personally don't want any chemical sitting on my face when I run.