Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Help me find some meat/fat sources that doesnt break me out

Hey everybody.

Im still trying to find meat that doesnt break me out, so I can get the fat I need on my candida/paleo diet.

So far I got the following "safe" stuff:

Chicken breast without skin

Turkey Breast without skin

Omega-3 Freerange eggs (3-4 each week or so)

Coconut oil

Olive Oil

What other stuff should I try out, and what seems relative safe?

Things I cant eat:

Lamb (breaks me out)

Red meat

Normal white eggs

Flax seed oil

Salmon (im not sure about this one, because I ate quite alot so that might be the problem)

You can try venison for meat. It might not affect you like beef and lamb apparently do. Also look at all the different kinds of seafood: tuna, scallops, shrimp, bass, etc.

I really do think it's weird, though, that you're broken out by beef, lamb, and salmon.

As for fat sources, have you tried butter, cream, lard, and ghee? All of those are often-tolerable fat sources.

Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews, and brazil (if you can't handle the horrible taste of brazil nuts, chop them up and put on top of a salad or your chicken)

Seeds such as sunflower seeds.

And walnut oil.

And +1 for the venison idea.

Also, look for the fattiest parts of the chicken, rather than the lean bit, if that's what your striving for.

Well, the salmon I ate werent wild caught and I ate too much during 2-3 days.

Now I got some wild caught salmon ready, and I will try 1 serving pr. week to see how that goes. Im sure I can handle it.. Its salmon.. Come on man :D Hehe.

I might also try add ½ Avocado once in a while, tastes good aswell.

And what exactly is venison meat? And what do you think about buffallo meat? I might look into that aswell. And what oil would be best? Canola, Walnut or avocado oil? And what kind of butter would be best? I wont touch dairy, if thats what you mean :D

I wont add nuts right now - since im on a candida diet, and im affraid that nuts are too moldy for me right now. But my candida is almost gone, and im feeling better than ever. So im making progress indeed, just wanted to know about this fat-problem im having.

Im not sure about those sunflower seeds though, isnt that the same deal as with nuts? Moldy and bad fat ratio? Im quite sure im not getting enough omega 3. So salmon will be the first thing ill try out I guess.

And what exactly is venison meat? And what do you think about buffallo meat? I might look into that aswell. And what oil would be best? Canola, Walnut or avocado oil? And what kind of butter would be best? I wont touch dairy, if thats what you mean :D

Venison is deer meat. I was also going to suggest to you buffalo meat; but when I was about to, I completely forgot what I was about to say. =/

But yeah, try buffalo meat too.

Canola oil needs to be avoided as much as possible. I like avocado oil, but walnut oil skews your omega-3:omega-6 ratio too much imo.

As for butter, be sure to buy organic. Non-organic butter has 20x the toxic residue as fruits and vegetables. There are reasonable-costing brands of organic butter out there.

I think you'll be fine sticking to olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and butter.

Im not sure about those sunflower seeds though, isnt that the same deal as with nuts? Moldy and bad fat ratio? Im quite sure im not getting enough omega 3. So salmon will be the first thing ill try out I guess.

How are nuts and seeds moldy? O_O

If anything I would say they repel mold with their impenetrable shells.

But yes, sunflower seeds have a pretty bad omega ratio. They can be used in moderation though; they are an important source of Vitamin E, so it's not like you need to avoid them altogether.

Thanks once again rakbs :)

I will try to get some venison meat and some buffalo aswell. Im not so sure about the butter yet though, which vegetable oil should the butter include, and should I use it for cooking or raw together with food?

Im sticking with olive oil and coconut oil for now. Salmon will probably be my Omega3 source, and then ill try butter and almonds (according to Wholeapproach thats OK for candida diets).

How much almonds should I eat aprox.?

I've know read several good things about Ghee. There's no dairy in right? And I shouldnt be affraid to consume it if dairy breaks me out?

Is that the butter you are using Rakbs? I can get some organic Ghee in Denmark atleast, so thats nice. Im not so sure about almonds though. Might stick to Coconut, Olive and butter + wildcaught salmon and my new meat (Venison + Buffalo).

Im not really into pork, but thanks anyway :)

What about Ghee, can anyone give me some advices on that? Would that be a good butter to include? And why do some people break out from nuts like almonds? Because of the omega 6?

So far I got the following on my list:

Oils/Fat sources:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salads once in a while

Coconut Oil Organic Extra Virgin for cooking

Avocado Oil - should this be Extra virgin or something?

Ghee - I might try this organic butter out

For omega-3's im trying salmon for now. Other good fish for omega-3 fats?

Meat/eggs:

Organic Turkey Breats without skin

Organic Chicken breats without skin

Omega-3 Free-range eggs

Organic Buffalo Meat

Wild Caught Salmon

Venison meat

- Also, could I include "game" meats like goose or whatever its called? Im not quite familar with that since I dont exactly know what it means. But I guess its some wild meat, killed by hunters? I could try goose out. Would that be alright? And what other game birds?

All free range pastured and wild animals should be good. I noticed you said beef breaks you out? Were you referring to feedlot/grain fed red meat or pastured grass fed red meat? They are 2 totally different foods with completely different fat and protein ratios. The feedlot stuff makes me break out. Not sure if its the hormones, chemical toxins, or omega ratio. Its probably a combination of all 3.

What about Ghee, can anyone give me some advices on that? Would that be a good butter to include? And why do some people break out from nuts like almonds? Because of the omega 6?

Ghee is clarified butter; unlike butter, it is said to not contain even a trace of lactose or casein.

I suggest you buy it from a local Indian food store. It will be much cheaper and more high-quality there.

As for butter, are you asking for a good brand? I suggest Organic Valley.

- Also, could I include "game" meats like goose or whatever its called? Im not quite familar with that since I dont exactly know what it means. But I guess its some wild meat, killed by hunters? I could try goose out. Would that be alright? And what other game birds?

Yes, in fact I highly recommend it. And if you can, get the duck fat from the butcher and cook your other meat with it.

It's uncomparably declicious.

Ghee is clarified butter; unlike butter, it is said to not contain even a trace of lactose or casein.

I suggest you buy it from a local Indian food store. It will be much cheaper and more high-quality there.

As for butter, are you asking for a good brand? I suggest Organic Valley.

Yes, in fact I highly recommend it. And if you can, get the duck fat from the butcher and cook your other meat with it.

It's uncomparably declicious.

Well, I can get some Organic Ghee here in Denmark.

http://helsehelse.dk/shop/ghee-oekologisk-300-4952p.html

Cosmoveda Organic Ghee.

Im not sure if I can get that other butter here in Denmark, but what is that made of? Vegetable oils or?

I will try to get my hands on some wild game meat like duck perhaps. Might wait with goose.

I had some wild salmon tonight, and it tasted brilliant. Im sure I can handle that.

The meat that broke me out were not grassfed. So I guess the hormones in it broke me out, which is pretty obvious.

But as long as its organic/grassfed I should be alright? (talking about the venison and buffalo).

What other "beef" should I look for? Something from cows, as long as their grassfed? Give me some quick hints :D

I only buy organic grass-fed/pastured meats from a local farmer. I suggest you try to find a local frm so you can see for yourself how the animals are being raised/treated. Some good cuts of beef that usually arent too much would be chuck roasts, which are pretty fatty hence the cheaper price. Some good fatty ground beef is good too. I suggest you try eating some organ meats as well (liver, heart, kidneys) since they are very good for you and cheap as well. Heart would be my suggestion for trying first since i think the taste is more neutral compared to liver or kidney, but they are all amazing sources of vitamins and minerals so long as they are from grass-fed organic sources to ensure theese organs werent over stressed and filled with toxins.

ALso, not sure if this was mentioned but lamb is another one of my favorite meats. You can usually get some ground lamb for a good price and it has such a good unique taste. It is also very fatty so you can fill up off of relatively small portions. I just made a lamb roast today and it was awesome. I really think the quality of the meat is important. It IS considerably more expensive but I dont mind because I can have a clear conscious about knowing the animals lived healthy, happy, natural lives. Oh btw, you can make your own Ghee from butter for much cheaper than buying it. I use ghee for cooking, but butter for putting on veggies. If you can find some raw butter from well fed cows i would say give that a try, since most can handle butter even if they cant drink milk or consume other dairy. Good luck, and sorry if i repeated anything already said or ignored some comments you made.

You can try venison for meat. It might not affect you like beef and lamb apparently do. Also look at all the different kinds of seafood: tuna, scallops, shrimp, bass, etc.

I really do think it's weird, though, that you're broken out by beef, lamb, and salmon.

As for fat sources, have you tried butter, cream, lard, and ghee? All of those are often-tolerable fat sources.

Brazil nuts is the best tasting nuts ever at first u wont like taste , then later on it taste GREATTTT

I eat lots of those it helps me.

I buy Organic Brown eggs instead.. cause of omega 3.

and i can't find organic white eggs.

Try pork.... high calories , i eat lots of those doesn't break me out..

Brazil nuts is the best tasting nuts ever at first u wont like taste , then later on it taste GREATTTT

I hate pork, so I wont eat that. hehe.

But i will try to find some organic meat/grass fed beef. The salmon I had yesterday didnt break me out at all. So thats no problem.

What kind of chicken would you recommend? Its pretty hard to find farms in Denmark who sell grassfed meat.

Is there possible traces of antibiotics in lean chicken breasts without skin?

I only buy organic grass-fed/pastured meats from a local farmer. I suggest you try to find a local frm so you can see for yourself how the animals are being raised/treated. Some good cuts of beef that usually arent too much would be chuck roasts, which are pretty fatty hence the cheaper price. Some good fatty ground beef is good too. I suggest you try eating some organ meats as well (liver, heart, kidneys) since they are very good for you and cheap as well. Heart would be my suggestion for trying first since i think the taste is more neutral compared to liver or kidney, but they are all amazing sources of vitamins and minerals so long as they are from grass-fed organic sources to ensure theese organs werent over stressed and filled with toxins.

ALso, not sure if this was mentioned but lamb is another one of my favorite meats. You can usually get some ground lamb for a good price and it has such a good unique taste. It is also very fatty so you can fill up off of relatively small portions. I just made a lamb roast today and it was awesome. I really think the quality of the meat is important. It IS considerably more expensive but I dont mind because I can have a clear conscious about knowing the animals lived healthy, happy, natural lives. Oh btw, you can make your own Ghee from butter for much cheaper than buying it. I use ghee for cooking, but butter for putting on veggies. If you can find some raw butter from well fed cows i would say give that a try, since most can handle butter even if they cant drink milk or consume other dairy. Good luck, and sorry if i repeated anything already said or ignored some comments you made.

Thanks for your reply :) Helped alot. I will search for grassfed beef and organic meat in general. I think i've been eating the wrong meat (except my turkey and chicken). But the wild caught salmon I had yesterday were absolutely fine for me. So thats great. (havent had a pimple for 3 weeks btw). So my last cause of acne were definitely candida overgrowth which I got under control now.

But I will also look into the butter thing. But arent there hormones in the normal organic butter? I really want to avoid anything with "dairy" on it. So I might stick with essential oils and fish + eggs. But I really want to add some butter aswell.

So far I got the following on my list:

Oils/Fat sources:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salads once in a while

Coconut Oil Organic Extra Virgin for cooking

Avocado Oil - should this be Extra virgin or something?

Ghee - I might try this organic butter out

For omega-3's im trying salmon for now. Other good fish for omega-3 fats?

Meat/eggs:

Organic Turkey Breats without skin

Organic Chicken breats without skin

Omega-3 Free-range eggs

Organic Buffalo Meat

Wild Caught Salmon

Venison meat

hm i can't find organic meats.. if there is .. so expensive will be...

Btw Olive oil is good for cooking ;) i use that

Coconut oil? ew ^^

I hate pork, so I wont eat that. hehe.

But i will try to find some organic meat/grass fed beef. The salmon I had yesterday didnt break me out at all. So thats no problem.

What kind of chicken would you recommend? Its pretty hard to find farms in Denmark who sell grassfed meat.

Is there possible traces of antibiotics in lean chicken breasts without skin?

Thanks for your reply :) Helped alot. I will search for grassfed beef and organic meat in general. I think i've been eating the wrong meat (except my turkey and chicken). But the wild caught salmon I had yesterday were absolutely fine for me. So thats great. (havent had a pimple for 3 weeks btw). So my last cause of acne were definitely candida overgrowth which I got under control now.

But I will also look into the butter thing. But arent there hormones in the normal organic butter? I really want to avoid anything with "dairy" on it. So I might stick with essential oils and fish + eggs. But I really want to add some butter aswell.

Chicken breast and turkey very low calories... well i saw some with even 0 calories from fat.. that was the turkey.

That's y i buy pork. :( i need weights...

and buffalo meat taste kinda bad. lol

I am also looking meatss :)

one thing to remember about organic meat is that it can still mean the animals are simply fed organic grains, still kept indoors as well, and therefore not a whole lot better nutritionally than regular meat. I see you are from Denmark and I am not sure if you have the same crappy industrialized food system we Americans have, so perhaps most of your meat is grass-fed to begin with. You would know better than I. I just wanted to point out that organic does not neccesarily mean whole lot of good when it comes to meat. I strongly urge you search for local farms as much of a pain as it is. I am lucky to have a good one 2 miles down the road so I can just ride my bike there :dance: I personally just feel better about knowing where my food comes from, but its not always easy. Good luck, its important to find a wide variety of foods you can eat, makes it easier to stick to a "diet".

one thing to remember about organic meat is that it can still mean the animals are simply fed organic grains, still kept indoors as well, and therefore not a whole lot better nutritionally than regular meat. I see you are from Denmark and I am not sure if you have the same crappy industrialized food system we Americans have, so perhaps most of your meat is grass-fed to begin with. You would know better than I. I just wanted to point out that organic does not neccesarily mean whole lot of good when it comes to meat. I strongly urge you search for local farms as much of a pain as it is. I am lucky to have a good one 2 miles down the road so I can just ride my bike there :dance: I personally just feel better about knowing where my food comes from, but its not always easy. Good luck, its important to find a wide variety of foods you can eat, makes it easier to stick to a "diet".

Im expanding my diet everyday with new things I disvoer that I can eat. So I already know how important it is. And I love the feeling of being "secure" while your on a diet that really works. I don't got acne anymore, only die off effects from the candida im fighting right now. So I know my diet works for me. And im adding foods to my list everyday, to try them out and stuff.

And yeah.. In Denmark we dont got a crappy food industry like you got. So most of our meat is probably. I guess the breakout I got where from wheat/too many cabrs because I had candida issues. It proably wasnt the meat at last. But I got my diet sorted out now. My breakout is now 2 months old, and I havent had a pimple for 4 weeks now. The last I had where a die off from candida together with some rash and constipation.

But I will begin my search for a local farm to get my organic meat. I know they exist, but its hard to find indeed.

I found some organic turkey, chicken and some wild duck today. Together with more wildcaught salmon. And salmon is back on my list aswell, I can handle that just fine 1-2 times a week I think.

What other fishes could I look for? Bass or cod? Whats the best next to salmon?

Im expanding my diet everyday with new things I disvoer that I can eat. So I already know how important it is. And I love the feeling of being "secure" while your on a diet that really works. I don't got acne anymore, only die off effects from the candida im fighting right now. So I know my diet works for me. And im adding foods to my list everyday, to try them out and stuff.

And yeah.. In Denmark we dont got a crappy food industry like you got. So most of our meat is probably. I guess the breakout I got where from wheat/too many cabrs because I had candida issues. It proably wasnt the meat at last. But I got my diet sorted out now. My breakout is now 2 months old, and I havent had a pimple for 4 weeks now. The last I had where a die off from candida together with some rash and constipation.

But I will begin my search for a local farm to get my organic meat. I know they exist, but its hard to find indeed.

I found some organic turkey, chicken and some wild duck today. Together with more wildcaught salmon. And salmon is back on my list aswell, I can handle that just fine 1-2 times a week I think.

I love buying organic stuff but for meats i buy anything.... screw it :) lol

wont break me out.

u can eat salmon more ;) is fine , just make sure it only has Wild salmon on ingredient , thats it ^^

btw is it ok to add Garlic Powder on the meat?

I buy the Organic Garlic powder. , 100% organic as it said.. >_<

need to keep using olive oil is Cold pressed.. with extra virgin olive oil in it too. should be good

is Italian. >_<

Olive oil doesn't break me out..

I would say that halibut or tilapia are somewhere next in line, but those can get pricey.

Really, any wild-caught fish are good. I try to avoid some of the bottom-feeders like catfish, though.

Wild-caught shrimp in particular is very healthy. And have you looked into shellfish? Lots of possibilities there.

I got another question:

How much, and where do you use your oils?

Im using the following oils:

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

And im about to get Ghee.

Im not taking any fish oil, since it appears that Nordic naturals contains E Vitamin from Soya.

How safe is that?

And should I mainly use Ghee for cooking, and Coconut oil for bathing vegetables? Or should I use both Ghee and Coconut for cooking and olive oil over my salads?

Im also getting 2 servings of Wild caught salmon each week.

I got another question:

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

Im not taking any fish oil, since it appears that Nordic naturals contains E Vitamin from Soya.

How safe is that?

And should I mainly use Ghee for cooking, and Coconut oil for bathing vegetables? Or should I use both Ghee and Coconut for cooking and olive oil over my salads?

Coconut oil and ghee are both great for cooking, and for putting on your vegetables/salads olive oil and ghee are probably the best.

I think that some omega-3 supplementation is good. You should look into Twinlab cod liver oil, which doesn't have any added ingredients.

As for your first question: sometimes I will eat 600 calories worth of coconut oil in a single sitting, and that will be my entire meal. No joke. That's how important fat is to me.

I would say that halibut or tilapia are somewhere next in line, but those can get pricey.

Really, any wild-caught fish are good. I try to avoid some of the bottom-feeders like catfish, though.

Wild-caught shrimp in particular is very healthy. And have you looked into shellfish? Lots of possibilities there.

Tilapia is predominantly (if not all) farmed in the US and is not "pricey." I doubt anyone would say it is one of the most nutritious fish out there (although because it's farmed it is low in mercury).

I got another question:

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

How safe is that?

Coconut oil and ghee are both great for cooking, and for putting on your vegetables/salads olive oil and ghee are probably the best.

I think that some omega-3 supplementation is good. You should look into Twinlab cod liver oil, which doesn't have any added ingredients.

As for your first question: sometimes I will eat 600 calories worth of coconut oil in a single sitting, and that will be my entire meal. No joke. That's how important fat is to me.

Thanks alot. Yeah, I should definitely up my fat intake. But im affraid to overload on Omega6's now that I dont got a fish oil. But im not breaking out, so I guess i'll survive till I figure something out.

So I should look for fish oil without soya? Im not sure I can get Twinlabs in Denmark though. But ill look for it.

And 2 servings of fish pr week is maximum right? Due to the mercury and so on.