Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Justwater

Dan's BP vs. Benzaclin

Which one is better and why. I am trying to decide which one to use. I am only going to use it at night, since I am going to use Klaron lotion in the morning. The Benzaclin dries my face out more and makes my face burn a little...is that good? I am kind of sketch about Dan's BP, aren't prescription creams better? Then you know they actually have what they claim to have in them.

Anyone?

I have been wondering the same thing about the BP...but to be honest I have tried 3 scripts for acne....all of them dried me out and brought out more breakouts.....which they say is going to happen....but I tend not to believe that. Been using this stuff called TriClear......and it seems to be working better than anything else I have tried. I looked it up online and have been using it for two months, my breakouts if any have been extremely mild and the only redness I have is from my own damn doing since I find it hard to resist picking at the problem sometimes. Check out this website it compares and lists the pros and cons of numerous well known products.....hope it helps! http://clearskinreviews.com/triclear-3/

Which one is better and why. I am trying to decide which one to use. I am only going to use it at night, since I am going to use Klaron lotion in the morning. The Benzaclin dries my face out more and makes my face burn a little...is that good? I am kind of sketch about Dan's BP, aren't prescription creams better? Then you know they actually have what they claim to have in them.

I've tried prescription BPs, countless topical creams, AcneFree BP, Proactiv BP, Nature's Cure BP, anything you find in the skin care section (might as well be the acne section, there's nothing but all kinds of acne washes, creams, and shit over there) and Dan's is the best BP I've ever used. Gel BP over cream BP anyday.

Also, Benzaclin has Clindamycin antibiotic in it which is bascially why you need a perscription to get it. I used Benzaclin for about 2 years with great results but then one day out of nowhere my face started to peel and burn and itch like crazy so I had to stop it. Otherwise, I totally recommend it. Also Dan's BP is of a lower strength, i believe 2.5% while benzaclin is like 5.5% or something like that. I use Dan's bp now, not in the regimen, but for spot treatment and it works very well.

I was a long time user of Benzaclin, 2 years. I have to say AT FIRST it is very quick acting and can reduce a pimple in yes... 2 days. But after a while the potency of it just starts to widdle away and becomes obsolete.

I was a long time user of Benzaclin, 2 years. I have to say AT FIRST it is very quick acting and can reduce a pimple in yes... 2 days. But after a while the potency of it just starts to widdle away and becomes obsolete.

EXACTLY!

My daughter used Benzaclin. Her face got very red from it and I didn't notice much improvement in her acne (maybe because she had such significant redness).