Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justice4u

Brown spots. I'm getting really depressed about this...

Ok, so i have like 4 brown spots near my nose from previous acne. someone on this board reccomended retnoid. so i mention it to my dermetologist, and he was kind of against the idea. he said "it will make your face all red, and you dont want to look red do you?" then he said "all you need is a cleaning" . the cleaning(he popped some of my acne with a needle) helped on my CURRENT acne, but my brown spots are still there. What should i do? there has to be some way to get rid of them. Should i just go back to the dermetologist and demand that he give me a retnoid?

Hi

The marks you are talking about are post inflammatory hyperigmentation or more specifically are referred to as macules. They are not actually scars and the fade slowly over time 3mons-18mons and up. Basically chemical exfoliant agents is the way to go as the speed up th the process of cell turnover. Ahas....natural ones you might buy from a supermarket: vinegar, lemon juice, papin (from papayas), to products containing ahas: lactic acid, mandelic acid, malic acid.

What sort or strength of product you want to try depends on your skin type: oily, dry, sensitive, your skin colour, how much money you have etc etc. Personally Iuse a lactic acid moisturiser called Eucerin Renewal but as I've only just started it is too early to comment.

This site contains probably a hundred threads on this topic. So use the search function at the top of the screen and search with the keywords I've bolded. Also check the FAQ at the top of the scar board there is some content there on this subject also.

hi, I had brown spots from picking, and I know of two products that help really well. The first is a acne treatment gel from md forte it's called glycare perfection gel. It has salicylic acid & glycolic acid in it. I only bought it for acne wich it works great for, but was amazed to find that it also works great for browm spots. I would not recamend for sensitive skin though. Secondly is Zia ultimate exfoliant wich also works great, but does not irratate the skin. It has aha & papaya conentrate (oil free) wich I love. zia also makes a papaya enzyme peel that works great, but they put oil in that, so I dont use it as often, im in fear of breaking out from oils. Anyways, hope that helps.

oh yea i forgot to say that I whent the retinoid rout and it didn't do squat but irritate the skin.

physician's choice pigment gel with the C Cream. You can go back to the derm and have him do laser on you and that'll take less time but it will cost you. The marks go away by themselves though in a couple of months.

No, you can get it online, Im not sure where to get the zia online just do a search for zia skincare and you can find the cheapest place, as for md forte, you can get that online as well just do a search for md forte. Trust me, this stuff works great I had brown spots for like over a year. I whent to aestititions, and none could get rid of them not with micro derm, I had a green peel wich hurt like hell, that didnt help these two products work the best and they are not too expensive. the zia you just leave on for like two minutes then rinse. It only takes a tiney bit to do the whole face so even though it is only a ounce it lasts a long time. same with the other stuff.