Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FactionG

Are you really following Dan's Regimen???

I've been on the regimen for a good 8 weeks now and I must say, this is the only method that truly does wonders for my acne issues. I read the Biggest Mistakes page and Cool As Kim Deal's topic about the "Right State of Mind" first to make sure I dont fall into that trap of blaming the regimen. I really take at least half an hour in the morning and night to get it done properly. I can say that I follow Dan's regimen rather religiously with the only exception being the AHA and jojoba oil. I can honestly say that I haven't changed my lifestyle at all except for the regimen itself. (This includes having poor diet aka fast food sometimes and not enough exercise) So to everyone who's had success and not, are you really following the regimen??? If you are not following it exactly, did it still work or no? Lets share! :)

Hi there. Glad the reg is working for you. :dance: I also read CAKD's "Right State of Mind" when I first joined and totally agree following the regimen religiously and exactly as recommended and to not quit after the acne disappears is vital to maximizing results. Any time I got lax or stopped using BP for any reason it wasn't long before Acne began to "rear its ugly head," pun intended. ;)

FYI: Many people don't begin to see improvement on the DKR until month 3. So if any of you are getting discouraged, I highly urge you to stick with it. You may very well be quitting just when you're about to start clearing up.

Good luck, all!!! :D

It may be time for me to re-read that and to take a deep breath. (breakouts lately, maybe it's just stress)

Can someone point me to the "Right State of Mind" link - I can't find it and I'd REALLY like to read it!

It may be time for me to re-read that and to take a deep breath. (breakouts lately, maybe it's just stress)

Can someone point me to the "Right State of Mind" link - I can't find it and I'd REALLY like to read it!

Bummer! If you want to read CAKD's advice, it's pinned at the top of the Regimen Forum. Hang in there, chick! ;)

:comfort: