Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pennypal

Subcision works for me

I've done four subcisions recnentlly (about 2 months ago) and the results are great. 60-70% improvement. I've waited awhile to post results. For other procedures I've seen micro-swelling for weeks afterwards and it's easy to fool yourself. BTW : The spots are still a little red, but this is to be expected and I'm fine with it.

Some of the spots - I've done previous TCA cross.

One subcision may not be enough. In a month a two I will do another on one of the scars. But I am happy with the progress so far.

I think the results are also good because of a topical regime I'm using of tretinoin at night and an ascorbic acid mixture I mix fresh every morning. Vit C (ascorbic acid) isn't stable and quickly degrades in liquid - so mixing it fresh ensures potency.

Glad to see that subcision work for you. But could you elaborate a little more about your treatement? How much time did you space your four subcision?

By the way, I will very pleased if you comment my situation (thinking of doing subcision) in my topic. It's just listed below.

Thanks!

my doc used subsicion then temp flller right after..i like hearing the popping or snapping thats how the scar frees up from what i understand...It seems like subsicion and needling are very similar aren't they?

i saw one doc and he said he can't do the temple area subcision or excision because of nerves i see another doc this week