Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little monkey

girl and tank tops

Does anyone know what it feels like to never wear a tank top in your mid teens or adulthood

I know exactly what it feels like. I live in t-shirts and it sucks. The worst thing is I have a pool in my garden and my friends keep asking me if they can come round to swim and I have to make up excuses :( I'm so jealous of every single girl who doesn't think twice about wearing a tank top or a bikini

And I'd also love to cut my hair to shoulder length, but I've always kept it long

I avoided tank tops or sleeveless tops or tubes for like AGES till one day I threw caution to the wind and just wear them! No one will freaking stare really. I told myself if I dont wear these now, when else?! When I go for vacations especially, I love wearing lil tube summer dresses and boy I felt beautiful! Screw them honey, just wear what you wanna wear! You know how obese women whine on how they cant wear sexy pieces? Its all about not caring much on what others think. And yes, some obese women carry sexy numbers really well, they are gorgeous, proud and beautiful!

Me. I know how not wearing a tank top feels. Very embarressing. I've just started this week using Dan's AHA, though, on my chest and it's WORKING. It makes me extra sad that winter is coming now, since I won't be able to wear tank tops now.

I know exactly how you feel. My body acne started to go away once I started birth control pills when I was a teenager, but it came back with a vengeance. I have it all over my chest, shoulders, back...even got some on my stomach at one point! Luckily, most of them are starting to go away since I started accutane, but I'm also getting new ones. =( I have terrible scars on my chest, shoulders and back...it totally sucks!!! I'm going to try putting mederma on them to see if that helps. I try not to let it affect my life though. I love the pool and water sports, so I will still wear swim suits and lay out in the sun ;) Everyone that I'm close to knows I have it...so I don't care anymore. I won't let acne control my life...but hopefully this accutane treatment will help me say good bye to acne for good!!

Aw it sucks I know. My back and chest acne cleared up this past year and it was the first time I had ever worn a tank top. Bathing suits are even worse. I had to wear a rashguard to cover it up. How bad is your acne? I mean, I've seen plenty of girls with mild back acne and still wear tank tops. I had cysts and other painful purplish colored ones on my back. Don't worry, as a girl, your back should clear up soon. Took me four years before it was almost all gone.

i use 2 have body acne but that just went away with out treatin it or nothing i guess i grew out of it but the fucked up part is that my face is still acne prone i think is becuz of all the dam fuckin chemicals i put on my dam face that it jus fucked up my skin =/

i know.

im only 13 but i suffer acne and bacne for about a year and a half.

peer pressure is really harsh now.

my face acne i have to say isn't that bad.

but my bacne is TERRIBLE.

i hate it alot. im so embarrassed about it . i never tie up my hair or wear tank tops or anything that will show my bacne or chest acne. i feel like im the only one who suffers this at my school because everyone else seems to have perfect skin or at least better skin than i do. it sucks .

i suffer from acne on chest and back as well... they're more like raised, hard scars now -__- .. don't know what i can do to get rid of them.. i started accutane this week though, i dont know how affective accutane would be for clearing scars...

anyway.. you girls ever think about your wedding day?.. what kind of wedding dress you'd look good in without having to expose your chest/back acne? i'm only 21.. and as i much as i love partying and clubbing, i dread having to dress up and look nice for it.. my selection of tops are very limited for "dressing up." i wonder if my back/chest will ever be completelyyyy clear... :(

Bah, I wear them anyways. I get little pimples on my back, shoulders, and chest but they go with all my red sun spots!

People won't think it's gross. I don't wear make-up or any of that; no need to hide yourself because of acne!

Most people don't even notice or care and if they do then they're pretty vain to judge someone just on a few skin imperfections (we all have them, even the most perfect looking people). I tell my boyfriend it's the most bothersome thing about myself and he just laughs and says it's no big deal and I'll grow out of it soon. Even if I don't, I still got someone who loves me for me and my pesky spots!

Don't let acne prevent you from living your life happy in the clothes and skin you're wearing.

Besides, tanktops are out this season. It's November in Florida and freaking freezing.

And, most of you all are probably very hawt in tanks. It would be a shame to cover your good assets for the less than satisfactory!

GUYS! NOOOOOO!

Don't not wear that pretty tank top because of your acne. I spent a lot of time being given tank tops that I could never wear, and buying ones so that I could wear them once my acne was gone. Now that my back and chest are clear, I see girls and guys all the time that have body acne struttin their stuff in whatever they so please and THEY DON'T CARE. and you know what? They look GREAT. I feel so stupid for having wasted so much time not wearing what I want, sweating in the hot miami sun (which probably made it even worse!)

ps: I say that I only noticed the other kids with the body acne AFTER mine was cured because back when i did have it, I was really into my own problems and probably never noticed them. If i ever did, I probably envied them or maybe felt sorry for them, or just didnt think about them and more about how it made me feel to see someone else with the same problem.

I say: you can live with it, other people can stand to look at it whether it makes them "uncomfortable" or not. I wish people didnt try to pretend like this doesn't exist, liek this doesn't deserve to be seen in public, when all I wanted to see when I had it was other people who did too.

i know EXACTLY how you feel. I haven't worn a tank top by itself in forever, and i always wear a shirt whenever i go to the lake or hangout with friends at the pool and as soon as i take of the shirt i try to put on my lifejacket as fast as possible so noone will see.

and it just totally sucks because besides my acne i am COMPLETELY comfortable with my body and i love everything about it but i just can't show that confidence the way i want to because my acne holds me back.

also changing in p.e. is the worst because you can see all my chest and back acne, and i just feel like im the only person that has it and everyone is staring, and most of the people are ignorant and think that its cause i dont bathe or something and its just really hard to deal with all the misconceptions and stuff.

argh acne sucks.

GUYS! NOOOOOO!

Don't not wear that pretty tank top because of your acne. I spent a lot of time being given tank tops that I could never wear, and buying ones so that I could wear them once my acne was gone. Now that my back and chest are clear, I see girls and guys all the time that have body acne struttin their stuff in whatever they so please and THEY DON'T CARE. and you know what? They look GREAT. I feel so stupid for having wasted so much time not wearing what I want, sweating in the hot miami sun (which probably made it even worse!)

ps: I say that I only noticed the other kids with the body acne AFTER mine was cured because back when i did have it, I was really into my own problems and probably never noticed them. If i ever did, I probably envied them or maybe felt sorry for them, or just didnt think about them and more about how it made me feel to see someone else with the same problem.

I say: you can live with it, other people can stand to look at it whether it makes them "uncomfortable" or not. I wish people didnt try to pretend like this doesn't exist, liek this doesn't deserve to be seen in public, when all I wanted to see when I had it was other people who did too.

I wish i had your confidence. Id love nothing more than to wear what i really wanted to wear, but i cant i just cant :( Iwuoldnt dare show my bacne in public, only one person knows i have it and even at that i dont dare let him see it. Id love to be able to wear anything i wanted but i cant, and i feel its holding me back from being the person i wana be.

Yes. Even though my bacne has gotten a lot better I'm still self concious about it. A lot of the time I wear tank tops and sweatshirts over them (when it's cold enough) so I'm sort of wearing the tank top... Eh, I dunno. It sucks. It's so difficult to put up with, it unnecessarily destroys self esteem and quality of life, blaaaah. But the good thing is that acne is not a condition of the personality. :) And anyway, some people won't wear that type of clothes (shows a bit more) for other reasons, so acne isn't the only one. But yeah, I do know what it's like. I'm in high school where the fewer square centimeters of fabric you have on you, the better. Fuck that. Oh, and a lot of the time I wear short sleeved shirts with the sleeves rolled up, since I don't have acne on my shoulders.

Well, I'm a guy so, no I don't know, but my girlfriend does, and she has bacne, it's not server or anything but you can see it on her upper shoulders and stuff.

I'm from Australia, Perth, and it's usually always sunny and I always go surfing and so my girlfriend comes along to and she wears bikinis and stuff and she still looks hot, no one really gives a shit, I don't care, I still love her.

Oh, and I'm here because of my brother, he's wondering how to get rid of his. It's not that bad, just a few spots.

But what I'm really tryna say is, pfft, stuff them all, who cares, they don't have it so why should they care? And if they don't care, then you shouldn't care? So wear a tank top and go to the beach, stop worrying, no one cares lol

i used to think i was d only one. it's really sad especially when i want to buy a dress cuz most of the pretty ones are backless. n going to the pool with a tshirt on is really awkward when everyone else else has on a one or 2piece. I don't even remember when i became so self conscious of my back all of a sudden i realized taht i had stopped wearing clothes that revealed my back and arm and hopefully by God's grace it's gon clear up and i can wear a tank top again.

I'm 18 yrs old, and it just really sucks not being able to show off my back! One of the main reasons I didn't go to my high school prom was because I was so embarassed. My bacne's moderate, I suppose; I have tons of scarring and most of the time I have from 1-10 breakouts. No one in my family has any idea of what I'm going through, since they rag on me all the time about my face acne, which isn't even that bad!

This semester at college, I'm required to take swimming for a P.E. class. Although I hope I'll be able to wear a tank top instead of just my bikini, I know I'll just have to take a deep breath and walk into class with my head held high. After all, who cares what they think? Hopefully, after a couple of days, I'll just get used to showing off my back. So, maybe taking this class will be good for my self-esteem. ;)

i know.

im only 13 but i suffer acne and bacne for about a year and a half.

peer pressure is really harsh now.

my face acne i have to say isn't that bad.

but my bacne is TERRIBLE.

i hate it alot. im so embarrassed about it . i never tie up my hair or wear tank tops or anything that will show my bacne or chest acne. i feel like im the only one who suffers this at my school because everyone else seems to have perfect skin or at least better skin than i do. it sucks .

I totally understand how you feel I am 14 and I have had chest acne for about three to four months. i hate it soooooo much.I am using differin and duac topical gel. I thought the duac which is a benyzol peroxide worked better but the diiferin does it takes a longer time. But it feels like all the girls at school have great skin. I use to feel like one of the better looking ones at school, but now I feel sooooooo ugly. I did find this make up at Sephora that is waterproof works pretty well and it gives you confidence to wear tank tops and biknis again. It sucks though cause I love to shop and bacne and chest acne makes it worst. But the makeup from Sephora works very well I just got it and I can wear tank tops again. I look at pictures form a few months ago though and my skin is great, you have to get over it and wear what you want to wear, life is too short to wear tshirts alll your life! It is hard at first but you will overcome it!!! See a Dermatoligist if you can they can help you a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over the summer i only wore tank tops that were high backd and if a shirt revealed my bacne i wre a tank top under it and wore my hair down to try and cover my mishaps. my bacne started to get worse so i started growing out my hair which is pretty long now (an inch and a half or soo below my shoulders) to cover it up

i also didnt swim as much as i used too even though i love too. i was even embarrassed at my own home swimming in our pool!! i am now questioning even going to my homecoming dance at my school becasue i cant really find a dress that covers my bacne (oh ya i forgot to mention im a female and 13) so i am trying to find a solution to the problem cause the dnce is in like a month

if anyone has an idea that might help me quickly i would appreciate it, my acne is all on the upper part of my back and is a moderate case w/ red blothes and too many pimples to count

I only have mild bacne, but I am way way way too self conscious to wear tank tops. I have found some with high backs though which is good.. but seriously, cannot wait to go shopping and let nothing get in the way of wearing whatever I want.

oh man it suck when i go shopping and see many pretty tops that i can't buy.....and just when i thought my back is clearing there is a breakout!!!! damn....pretty tank tops when can i ever wear them again

you should wear them anyway, i see lots of girls on campus in tank tops and they dont have the best skin either, except now they're not as pale as me > _ <