Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little monkey

girl and tank tops

Did no one read the post about how that guy got rid of his backne buy soaking in a tub with sea salt and it cleared all of the acne on his body??? Maybe you should give that a try!!!

It's a great idea -- but I would also urge people who are near a beach to be brave, and do the same thing in the ocean, have fun with your friends while you're at it, and believe that acne doesn't have to hold you back.

However, if you aren't by salt water, it's a fabulous technique.

Did no one read the post about how that guy got rid of his backne buy soaking in a tub with sea salt and it cleared all of the acne on his body??? Maybe you should give that a try!!!

It's a great idea -- but I would also urge people who are near a beach to be brave, and do the same thing in the ocean, have fun with your friends while you're at it, and believe that acne doesn't have to hold you back.

However, if you aren't by salt water, it's a fabulous technique.

I wish everyday I lived in Florida cuz I went to Destin last year and and lived on the beach for a week, I so love the ocean but unfortunaley I live in hot Texas so... :cry: ...guess it's sea salt baths for me...

I can't wear tanks or bathing suits...and it absolutely sucks to go shopping, especially since the majority of beautiful tops are backless!!!! I hate it when u go shopping with friends and they're all like "try this top on!" but you can't!!! and they all realize that you never wera anything backless and then they ask haha :S ....I have a few that i can get away with wearing during the summer when it's not that bad, but i'm still too embarassed...can't even put my hair up and have to keep my hair long. The worst is trying to go shopping for dresses :S errrrr shopping makes everything so depressing!!!

I can't wear tanks or bathing suits...and it absolutely sucks to go shopping, especially since the majority of beautiful tops are backless!!!! I hate it when u go shopping with friends and they're all like "try this top on!" but you can't!!! and they all realize that you never wera anything backless and then they ask haha :S ....I have a few that i can get away with wearing during the summer when it's not that bad, but i'm still too embarassed...can't even put my hair up and have to keep my hair long. The worst is trying to go shopping for dresses :S errrrr shopping makes everything so depressing!!!

Have you tried soaking in a tub of sea salt? Iv'e heard like a hundred people with acne on their body that did this and now their 100% clear and can wear tanks and stuff! It's worth a shot cuz it's so cheap!

I haven't worn a tank top in years but I do buy them for more hopes of when I've got clearer skin, ( I've been about the same size since seventh grade so I'm not to worried about buying now and growing out later.. I've seemed to just, stop? :lol:)

Have you tried soaking in a tub of sea salt? Iv'e heard like a hundred people with acne ont their body that did this and now their 100% clear and can wear tanks and stuff! It's worth a shot cuz it's so cheap!

No i haven't....for how long andhow much salt??? I'm sure it should be useful b/c many ppl see results from being in the ocean and stuff

i completely know how it feels to not be able to wear a tank top! it sucks majorly :'(

there are so many pretty tank tops that i could buy but i cant because i have really bad chest acne and back acne but my back acne is more like hyper pigmentation (really ugly brown spots) and ya.. it really really sucks AND OMG swimming is the worst! i cant wear a bloody bikini because of my hideous body ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

urgh!

Oh, yes. I know exactly how you feel.

My face is about 95% clear. Except for the occassional breakout. But that barely bothers me.

My back is the worst. I havent wore a tank-top or anything that revealing, in about 5 - 6 years. I usually wear a t-shirt over my bathing suit when I go swimming. Or I just dont go swimming at all. I see really cute shirts that I would love to wear, but I dont, because of the acne on my back. I think its embarrassing and worry about what other people would think.

I used to have such bad bacne when I was a little younger...now it is only a couple small dots. I felt so horrible wearing my track uniform back then...

it must be even worse for wearing a tanktop. :(

I know exactly what it's like. I remember being 16 and embarrassed to change in front of friends in the locker room after gym, because they'd see my bacne. Guess what? It's 20 years later, and I'm still breaking out back there. Badly. My youth is gone and I haven't been able to enjoy summer activities because of this condition.

I like to exercise outdoors but can never wear just a sports bra in the summer. Always have to cover up with a t-shirt.

I often wonder how people who don't have bacne feel about themselves when they wear a tank top. Do they think, "Wow, I look great. Thank god I don't have zits back there?" Or do they take it for granted and not even think about it. Either way, it's painful to see others wearing things I never can.

When I do see the occasional woman out there with bacne wearing a tank or bathing suit, I torture myself by thinking that, as bad as she looks, my skin looks even worse, and that people would laugh at me.

I seriously should be over this by now.

Does anyone know what it feels like to never wear a tank top in your mid teens or adulthood

Yes, I know. It really sucks. Even if though I have mild-moderate acne on my back, it still is hard for me to wear a tank top. I feel like I'm "dirty", even though I'm not. Plus, I don't like the feeling that someone is probably looking at my back and thinking, Ew..gross!

So I can definetly relate

Have you tried soaking in a tub of sea salt? Iv'e heard like a hundred people with acne ont their body that did this and now their 100% clear and can wear tanks and stuff! It's worth a shot cuz it's so cheap!

No i haven't....for how long andhow much salt??? I'm sure it should be useful b/c many ppl see results from being in the ocean and stuff

Im not sure how much salt but it's supposed to be a rather warm bath and stay in there at least 20 minutes,I wish I could find that forum maybe theres a way to look it up? IDK but lots of people have benefitted from this and people that could never wear tanks are wearing them now :surprised:

Does anyone know what it feels like to never wear a tank top in your mid teens or adulthood

oh god oh god oh god i know

and its like- even when my acne clears up a bit, its STILL not good enough to wear a tank top

how about being the one to pretend to hvae a stomache ache at pool parties?

I just developed acne on my chest about a month ago after a day at the beach, complete with spending over an hour in the water and many hours in the sun. I don't know if it was the beach, the sunburn, or just my pregnancy hormones taking over me, but now I have a huge patch of acne all over my chest and neck that keeps expanding. Until now, all I've worn are tank tops, spaghetti straps, and even strapless shirts because everything was clear there. Now that I have a never-ending breakout, I don't even have anything to cover myself up because it has never been a problem. So, basically I HAVE to go around exposing my chest acne to everyone :(

No one says anything but it is driving me crazy. I wish I had some clothes to cover myself up with!

As far as the salt water solution... my body acne didn't start until I went to the beach and swam around in salt water all day... so I am not going back there anytime soon!

it's so depressing that i have so many tank tops and other shirts that reveal parts of my back or chest and i cant even wear any of them!! unless it was for swimming :cry: i don't even remember the last time i wore a tank top with clear skin.

I get back breakouts only sporadically but they tend to mess up the pigmentation so I generally avoid shirtless activities like swimming. Lots of sunlight seems to help though, for breakouts too.

should i really avoid soda? or can i drink diet would that help?

let me know please:)

thanks!

about exactly a year ago, i was able to wear tube tops in the evening (the ability to do so was the fashion holy grail for me since i was 13)

this summer it's the opposite as i broke out so badly that i have to go back on BCP.

to top it all, I live in a city filled with gorgeous girls who wear these stunningly strappy dresses.

and all i can do is stare at their umblemished backs in utter wonder and bafflement.... as if i can absorb their ridiculously clear smooth skin by some kind of visual osmosis.

last weekend, i was out of the city in nature with some artsy fartsy friends. a bunch of them wanted to go skinny dipping in the afternoon at a swimming hole in the forest. god i really wanted to go so badly- i have no issues with nudity other than my skin problem. it made me so depressed that i had to make up an excuse not to go. i was so jealous of them that i couldn't go swimming with them and enjoy my body, enjoy nature that way.

it's messed with me so much i have to see a therapist. and a nutrionist.

i'm praying for the BCP (Yaz) to work. someone please tell me that it will work. i seriously think i'm going to kill myself if i don't clear up.

i know how you feel.

bacne sucks. i only wear tank tops in front of people i'm close too, because i know they wont care.

even some tees have too short of sleeves for me to wear, cus i have acne on my upper arms too.

since i've been on birth control, my bacne has clearned up dramatically. not on my face, so much, but definitely on my back. its great and i've been wearing tanks all summer. i like the tanks that are higher in the back and i just wear a cami under them, so if u don't have acne on your shoulders maybe you could try that cuz it made it way easier for me to start wearing them and i'm having a great summer being cool and comfortable even when it's hot.

about exactly a year ago, i was able to wear tube tops in the evening (the ability to do so was the fashion holy grail for me since i was 13)

this summer it's the opposite as i broke out so badly that i have to go back on BCP.

to top it all, I live in a city filled with gorgeous girls who wear these stunningly strappy dresses.

and all i can do is stare at their umblemished backs in utter wonder and bafflement.... as if i can absorb their ridiculously clear smooth skin by some kind of visual osmosis.

last weekend, i was out of the city in nature with some artsy fartsy friends. a bunch of them wanted to go skinny dipping in the afternoon at a swimming hole in the forest. god i really wanted to go so badly- i have no issues with nudity other than my skin problem. it made me so depressed that i had to make up an excuse not to go. i was so jealous of them that i couldn't go swimming with them and enjoy my body, enjoy nature that way.

it's messed with me so much i have to see a therapist. and a nutrionist.

i'm praying for the BCP (Yaz) to work. someone please tell me that it will work. i seriously think i'm going to kill myself if i don't clear up.

Hi does anyone know if Accutane is available in the UK?

Also what sort of time do you need to be on it for in order to 'clear' up and do you need to keep taking it to keep it at bay?

Thanks.

I have bacne and a little on my arms and chest, and I still wear tanktops For years I was too self conscious to do it, but I finally just said, "Screw it" and did it anyway.

And nobody treats me differently... in fact, nobody CARES. I was even a little nervous going to the beach, but that proved to be nonsense, too.

I don't get many zits on my back anymore BECAUSE I wear tanktops. Not having the friction, or the oil from my skin continue to rub on my back seems to help. As does the chlorine and getting in the sun when I'm out by the pool.

However, I DO have scars from it, or at least dark spots. I trick myself into thinking they're freckles and brave into the world.

One thing that really did help me in doing this was seeing other girls with bacne who wore tanks anyway. They were gorgeous, knew that they had it, wore sleeveless clothes, and still got all the guys.

You just have to not care, or pretend to. It's hard in the beginning, but eventually it won't bother you.

I think Savoria has a really good point. I remember at 14 getting my first shoulder pimple & putting concealer on it so it wouldn't be noticeable at my brother's wedding. It's sad to realize I've had to be embarassed about this problem for 10 years now. I get mild to severe acne on my upper back, shoulders, upper arms & chest. My middle & lower back is usually completely clear aside from a stray here and there. I'm pretty positive my face & back acne has mostly a hormonal cause, because I've gone through dozens of products with mediocre results. For a long time I thought I would "grow out of it", but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. I've considered going on the pill, but I'd like to find a more natural alternative if possible. After a while I kind of just accepted that I was never going to have beautiful skin, but I still hope I can find a solution. At 24, my skin is really the only thing holding me back from feeling confident.

For now, I've been using Neutrogena Acne Stress Control w/ SA after I shower. It doesn't completely clear up my skin or prevent new breakouts, but it helps. It doesn't dry out my skin & is cheap enough to use on large areas daily. I'm allergic to BP(Darn It!), so I've found that a high percentage of SA usually helps. I also use H2O Plus Sea Results Overnight Perfecting Peel on my face, chest, shoulders & upper back at night after I shower. I've found that anti-aging products work better for me than a lot of acne products since they tend to be gentle & have vitamins and ingredients like glycolic acid that help repair skin & maintain moisture balance. H2O also has a SA Acne wash that you can use on your face & body. Their products are pricey, but they've worked better than a lot of other products I've tried over the years. Aside from that not picking at my skin seems to help the most(I'm ashamed to admit I do that when I'm stressed). That probably makes it worse than anything else.

Every spring I tell myself this is going to be the year I wear tank tops, but I'm usually too self-conscious. So I end up with a farmer's tan instead from wearing t-shirts all summer(I went to lollapalooza all 3 days last weekend, so I have a pretty gnarly one right now). At the beach I usually have some sort of cover-up to conceal my shoulders. Having long hair helps too, but I'd like to get the point where I just have the confidence to wear tank tops broken out or not. I'm sure it would help my skin improve, like Savoria said. (And it'd be cool to have tan shoulders for once!) The occasional times where I have been confident enough to wear a bathing suit without a cover up I actually ended up feeling really good about myself. I never got any looks or comments. It's difficult at first not to feel self-conscious, but after a while you forget about your skin and just have a good time. We're always our worst critics anyway- never forget that. I say we all make it a goal to wear tank tops next summer! :dance:

I have ingrown hairs on my armpits. So I don't wear them alone, I usually wear a short-sleeve shirt under it. Lemme tell you guys, it sucks!

I had that problem too, but now I exfoliate with a baking soda/water paste, shave, apply monistat anti chafing powder gel (prevented ingrown hairs on my legs so logically thought it would do the same under my arms and i think it did) then dove ultimate clear deodorant (supposed to help with that).

Now I usually only have 1 on each armpit as opposed to 10 on each armpit :]