Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little monkey

girl and tank tops

I totally know what that's like. When I go shopping I look at all the pretty tank tops, and wind up getting a high backed tee-shirt because I'm so embarrassed by my bacne...I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. My friends keep pressuring me to go to the local pool with them...and I keep avoiding it...It's horrible!

Yeah. lol, i make sure my hair is long by summer to cover my back :l never will have short hair until it goes away

My acne is about 90% clear on my back, and about 70% on my arms and shoulders, and out of sheer sodding habit I can't help but imagine whenever I do wear a tank top that I am crawling with acne and everyone is staring. I still habitually pass by vest tops when shopping, thinking "oh, well obviously I can't wear that", and have to force myself to try stuff on. >____<

I've never worn one, but of course I'm a guy :) My sister never did and never will, nor my younger sister, and I never would if I were a girl :P

I have ingrown hairs on my armpits. So I don't wear them alone, I usually wear a short-sleeve shirt under it. Lemme tell you guys, it sucks!

I BURNED MY BACK AT THE BEACH.AND MY PIMPLES WENT AWAY FOR A WHILE! MY SKIN PEELED AND ALL IT WORKED FOR A WEEK OR TWO

Yes. I know what its like. I no longer have body acne since accutane, but I was left with ugly indented scars on my back and chest. Not one or 2 scars, more like 20 each side. It's humiliating. I see many beautiful tops I cannot wear. Every piece of clothing I waould like to purchase is scrutinized to make sure my scars are covered. Oh..and Forget wearing a swimsuit. I wish this on no one.

edit: oops. I thought i was posting in the scar forum..nontheless, I still know how you feel.. :(

Yes, I know what it feels like. It makes me cry just thinking about it. I have not worn a bathing suit at the beach or pool since i was 9 years old... same with tank tops. Recently i've stopped being able to wear even tshirts with sleeves that are too short or shorts that are too short.

I wear them around my house, but since my friends have been coming over more than they used to (now that we can drive & whatnot), I don't wear them as much.

The only friend I have that understands is one that also has bacne. Heck, my best friend just found out about my bacne a few months ago, although I've been suffering from it for about four years. I'm close to clear (I'd say about 70%, which is 70% closer than I was three months ago), and I think my wardrobe has suffered enough :(

uhh same here!!!!! i am going to have everything cleared up by my 16th b-day though. that gives me 6 months to find something that works and i will because if i dont i will be forced to become the crazy lady with ten million cats and that is not going to happen...

I get back breakouts only sporadically but they tend to mess up the pigmentation so I generally avoid shirtless activities like swimming. Lots of sunlight seems to help though, for breakouts too.

i never wear them either. swimmings really hard too, hard to find swimsuits that cover up most chest acne. i usually wear a tshirt over my suits but its really awkward when people ask me why i do. i hate repeating that i have cystic body acne so i just say that i get sunburnt bad.. :liar::cry:

thank you for having this forum :wub:

I have acne on my back, chest and upper arms since I was in 5th grade and I'm in university now... Can't wear tank top and party dresses. Have never gone swimming with friends either... :wall:

Yes I know this pain. I never wear a swimsuit....never wear tanks...I've been doomed to be a t-shirt wearing girl because of my bacne.

I hate it.

I have bacne and a little on my arms and chest, and I still wear tanktops For years I was too self conscious to do it, but I finally just said, "Screw it" and did it anyway.

And nobody treats me differently... in fact, nobody CARES. I was even a little nervous going to the beach, but that proved to be nonsense, too.

I don't get many zits on my back anymore BECAUSE I wear tanktops. Not having the friction, or the oil from my skin continue to rub on my back seems to help. As does the chlorine and getting in the sun when I'm out by the pool.

However, I DO have scars from it, or at least dark spots. I trick myself into thinking they're freckles and brave into the world.

One thing that really did help me in doing this was seeing other girls with bacne who wore tanks anyway. They were gorgeous, knew that they had it, wore sleeveless clothes, and still got all the guys.

You just have to not care, or pretend to. It's hard in the beginning, but eventually it won't bother you.

Did no one read the post about how that guy got rid of his backne buy soaking in a tub with sea salt and it cleared all of the acne on his body??? Maybe you should give that a try!!!