Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little monkey

People who are are over 25 and on the tane

I'm almost 30 and just got put on the tane a month ago. I've been told By docs since I was 20 that I could have it. But sine I wanted kids soon i waited. Just wanted to know how many people are in the same shoes as me.

i just started 3 weeks ago on my 26th b-day... ive been comtemplating it for years and wish i would of done it sooner thank god my scarring isnt too bad. its there but shallow most are red spots that will fade. good luck

i finish my course in a few weeks when ill be 27. Ive got scarring which i would say is moderate. Im extremely annoyed that I wasnt put on accutane when I needed it 10 years ago.

I'm 30. Right now, I wish I would have done it sooner. I'm very pleased with the results thus far.

I'm 30. Right now, I wish I would have done it sooner. I'm very pleased with the results thus far.

I can't wait to get to the part were I get to see results.

I am 26 years old and had never heard of Accutane until about 4 months ago when my derm told me about it. I started getting cystic acne in November last year and started to get some pretty bad scars. After contemplating taking the drug for about a month I decided to just do it and now I am so glad that I did. I love my results this far and the side effects are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Good luck on your course!

I'm 33 and I just started tane 3 weeks ago. I got on it because my acne got worse and started scarring my face, so my derm finally decided I needed it. Good luck with it.

I am 32 and started 2 weeks ago today. I have never had clear skin, always some kind of break out and in the last 2 years or so it became cystic. I have been on Sotret for 2 weeks and I am completely clear. I went out this morning to get coffee with nothing on but a tinted moisturizer and ran into people I know. No embarrassment. I have never gone out in public without some kind of cover-up or usually my mineral makeup on - not since I was fifteen.

I did have a slight breakout last week which I attribute to my normal PMS breakout, but it healed quickly. My face already has that enviable Accutane smoothness. My skin is a little pink/red in color but I hope it will go away. For some reason even my scarring and previus breakout evidence are not that noticeable.

I am not trying to be smug, but I worried, and put off doing this for years for several reasons and I wish I could take it all back. The last 10 years (college, professional life) could have been so much easier.

I am wondering if it is different when you are a little older doing this. My doctor was pretty sure I would not have a nasty IB, and it was my biggest fear.

I am 32 and started 2 weeks ago today. I have never had clear skin, always some kind of break out and in the last 2 years or so it became cystic. I have been on Sotret for 2 weeks and I am completely clear. I went out this morning to get coffee with nothing on but a tinted moisturizer and ran into people I know. No embarrassment. I have never gone out in public without some kind of cover-up or usually my mineral makeup on - not since I was fifteen.

I did have a slight breakout last week which I attribute to my normal PMS breakout, but it healed quickly. My face already has that enviable Accutane smoothness. My skin is a little pink/red in color but I hope it will go away. For some reason even my scarring and previus breakout evidence are not that noticeable.

I am not trying to be smug, but I worried, and put off doing this for years for several reasons and I wish I could take it all back. The last 10 years (college, professional life) could have been so much easier.

I am wondering if it is different when you are a little older doing this. My doctor was pretty sure I would not have a nasty IB, and it was my biggest fear.

Thank you for responding. I just got bumped up on my dosage from 40 to 40 one day and 80 the next. My doctor would of giving me 60 each day but since I'm paying out of pocket he did it this way for me to save money. My IB has been mostly on my dark side. I think because I run and the friction is causing big cyst. But as nasty as that is I'm glad their aren't any popping up on my face or neck just a few old ones trying to heal. Now I'm waiting for all the little bastard zits all over my arms chest back and face to dry up. and I know what you mean about being worried I put it off and wish I didn't. I could of saved my self of awful scars all over my body. Now I'll have to pay for all that to try to be fixed. My doctor is most worried about my cholesterol since it's 380. Well good luck and please let me know how things go for you.