Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I've been struggling with acne for over a year now. It was never a problem through high school, but when I turned 18, my face exploded. I have persistent moderate acne with the occasional cyst on my chin. Alot of things worked for awhile (Proactiv, Acnefree, Clearasil, ClearAdvantage, Tea Tree oil, Jojoba oil, Desert Essence stuff, Benzaclin, Brevoxl, and countless others), but they always stopped after a month or so. I finally decided to try PDT.

I got my first treatment yesterday. I had extractions done first--which was like microdermabrasion-- then Levulan on for an hour, and was under the light for ten minutes. Wow did it burn! My eyes were watering like crazy! I should mention though that my pain tolerance isn't exactly high, so take these comments with a grain of salt.

Even 24 hours after treatment My face is still really red. I actually look pretty hilarious. Everywhere is red except the goggle marks, so I look like I was sonwboarding or something and forgot the sunscreen. I was actually great entertainment for my 6 year-old brother and his friends. We played Sunburned Snow Monster and guess who I played? People with small children note: PDT clears skin and entertains/frightens little kids! Another thing to add under pros I think!

No flaking yet, but I'm sure that will come. Stuck in my room all day (hence this post) to keep away from UV light , and several white heads from breakouts that hadn't emerged before treatment (no new breakouts though, which is weird and probably won't last). We'll see. I hope this works. Next treatment in a couple weeks. I'll try to post pics.

I think I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm considering getting a series of PDT treatments.

It would be great if you could post pictures of your progress/results! I recently wrote a post here about my concerns with PDT and about whether the treatments would affect or complicate (if at all) future laser treatments for acne scarring:

Okay, so I've been struggling with acne for over a year now. It was never a problem through high school, but when I turned 18, my face exploded. I have persistent moderate acne with the occasional cyst on my chin. Alot of things worked for awhile (Proactiv, Acnefree, Clearasil, ClearAdvantage, Tea Tree oil, Jojoba oil, Desert Essence stuff, Benzaclin, Brevoxl, and countless others), but they always stopped after a month or so. I finally decided to try PDT.

I got my first treatment yesterday. I had extractions done first--which was like microdermabrasion-- then Levulan on for an hour, and was under the light for ten minutes. Wow did it burn! My eyes were watering like crazy! I should mention though that my pain tolerance isn't exactly high, so take these comments with a grain of salt.

Even 24 hours after treatment My face is still really red. I actually look pretty hilarious. Everywhere is red except the goggle marks, so I look like I was sonwboarding or something and forgot the sunscreen. I was actually great entertainment for my 6 year-old brother and his friends. We played Sunburned Snow Monster and guess who I played? People with small children note: PDT clears skin and entertains/frightens little kids! Another thing to add under pros I think!

No flaking yet, but I'm sure that will come. Stuck in my room all day (hence this post) to keep away from UV light , and several white heads from breakouts that hadn't emerged before treatment (no new breakouts though, which is weird and probably won't last). We'll see. I hope this works. Next treatment in a couple weeks. I'll try to post pics.

i got my first treatment may 27 im 15 and ive been struggling with resistant acne for about 3 years now

my skin cleared up sort of and im getting another treatment july 7

how were your results thus far?

i got my first treatment may 27 im 15 and ive been struggling with resistant acne for about 3 years now

my skin cleared up sort of and im getting another treatment july 7

how were your results thus far?

I had a series of three treatments perfomed, the last of which took place about a month and a half ago. I have suffered from cystic acne for the last 8 years and I must say that the treatment has had a positive effect on reducing the number of cysts I have. However, I am still breaking out so I am now almost certain that my acne is caused by the foods I eat, primarily dairy, seafood, fried chicken, and chips which have been a staple of my diet during this time. I've already cut out chocolate, and soda a long time ago to no avail.

If you have any specific questions about the procedure, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!