Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spidergirl007

Lots of products for non-inflamed acne

I've been browsing through this board lately and found that there are just many different products you can use for whiteheads, blackheads, etc. I have some questions on these.

What is green cream?

I've seen this brought up a few times on this thread, but not too sure what it is. I've heard good and bad reviews on it, so i thought it'd be interesting to find out what it does for your skin.

Salicylic Acid (SA). I've been using this now for a couple of days to treat my whiteheads all over my face. I'm not sure if its working or not. I've noticed that the whiteheads which are all under the skin seem to be surfacing little by little. Is this good? I thought SA would diminish them, not make them more noticeable :confused:

And last, retinol. For those of you who've used it, have you had good results? It doesn't have to be those just on Retin-A or Tazorac (spelling?).

I would appreciate it if you guys can help me out here :)

Spidergirl007

Green Cream is an Over-the-counter retinol product that is primarily targeted towards anti-aging, although it can help with acne as well. It is quite pricey, but it's worth mentioning it's made with high-quality retinol. It has worked well for many people but it can take a while for any results to show up (anywhere between 2-6 months). This product helps increase the skin's turnover rate, stimulating the skin to produce more collagen. More information here.

SA is an ingredient found in many acne treatment products - it is used mainly to exfoliate the skin and eliminate clogged pores/blackheads. You mentioned you've been using it for a couple of days- I doubt you will see any dramatic improvements in that amount of time. I'd say you have to allow at least 3 weeks to a month to see full-fledged results. One of the most popular SA products on these forums are the Paula's Choice BHA solutions.

As is the case with many skin-care products, you have to be patient and allow the products to work in order to see results.

Thanks for the reply and the link :) One last question, would SA cause a breakout? Like, with some acne products, it gets worse before it gets better?

Thanks for the reply and the link :) One last question, would SA cause a breakout? Like, with some acne products, it gets worse before it gets better?

Yes, SA would probably cause an initial breakout (That's what it's called) but usually they don't last that long and aren't as bad as normal breakouts...Well atleast not for me.

Yes, SA would probably cause an initial breakout (That's what it's called) but usually they don't last that long and aren't as bad as normal breakouts...Well atleast not for me.

Ya, the SA slowly removes the dead skin on the surface so it appears everything is coming out of your skin.