Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justice4u

Brown spots. I'm getting really depressed about this...

Ok, so i have like 4 brown spots near my nose from previous acne. someone on this board reccomended retnoid. so i mention it to my dermetologist, and he was kind of against the idea. he said "it will make your face all red, and you dont want to look red do you?" then he said "all you need is a cleaning" . the cleaning(he popped some of my acne with a needle) helped on my CURRENT acne, but my brown spots are still there. What should i do? there has to be some way to get rid of them. Should i just go back to the dermetologist and demand that he give me a retnoid?

When you say brown spots ... are these from very old acne? How long have you had them and what is your skin colouring?

Retinoids have helped some people, but for others it has created more dicolouration. So your derm is right and wrong.

The nose is tough for me. I have a brown spot from a big cyst that has faded be still very noticeable after 5 years! Peels have faded it a bit.

i have a great idea for you: T I M E. Seriously though 4 spots isn't the end of the world, and the fact that they've been there a month means you haven't let them start to fade. Seriously if you're depressed about this go seek counsoling.

Hey Girl or Bro

Please feel very fortunate that you only have a brown spot THAT WILL FADE within the next 2 months into normal skin.

I have unfortunately popped my cysts on my nose 5 years ago and ruptered my sebucous glands (oil glands) and now I have 8 lesions on my nose. sad.gif I am due to have surgery in may to have them removed.

Put on a little make up and no one will notice. It will fade and you dont have to even do anything about it. biggrin.gif/

Retinoids simply enhance the exfoliation of the skin and makes your skin very very red, but it does increase the healing time. However it takes about 6 weeks of very red and ugly skin before new skin comes up and another 4-5 weeks down time to cool down into normal skin.

My opinion is to simply do nothing for the spots, your body will fade them quickly enough, it would actually be comsemetically detrimental for you to use a retinoid IE retin-A or retin-A micro.

wow, in the same boat as me.

but i have them all over my forehead and even some that are 8 months old! I am starting to doubt wether they will fade or not.

Is there anyone that knows for sure these do fade?

Hi,

I am SURE they will fade. However if acne reaccures in the same position obviously they will not fade within 6 months. But once no more acne pops up in the same region it will fade within 6 months for sure. Mine faded within 3 months after acne stopped comming up.

Im about to use a glycolic acid for my marks, you could try lactic acid, TCA, mandelic acid, or if you're comfortable walking around like that just wait.