Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgroove

get rid of your scars like i did with pmma

i go to dr ruiz in tijuana mexico. has injected pmma(polymethylmethacrylate) and the improvement is unbelievable. im not here to play or bullcrap. ive bee through more hell than i can even believe, but i brought that hell to and end. so if your serious, read what i have to say. i came here in 2003 looking for solutions and now illl share mine.

ive had scars , some shallow, some deep, some medium for about 25 years. looked like absolute hell and ruined my life, including dropping out of college footnball, turned down modeling and acting opportunities, hid myself from public, went long periods no dating, etc..

when i started making money, this is what ive done since 1995, and had little no no improvement with each and every one of these.

2 dermabrasions

collagen

numerous facial skin care treatments, topicals , etc.

retin a therapy - obagi nu derm

micro retin a

filler by the false advertiser dr abergel in los angeles

6 obagi tca peels done by obagi the con artist in beverly hills

about 15 microdermabrasions by a dishonest cosmetician in riverside

about 10 addtional tca peels

jessner peel

7 co2 laser resurfacing treatments including 2 by dr fulton in newport beach, 2 by dr sharma in garden grove, 1 by dr matory newport beach( who lost his medical license for killing a lady doing liposuction)

2 phenol peels by dr soria who i think is a good person

phenol(exoderm) peel and follow up by the lying dr rullan in san diego

bioalcamid injections done by those ignorant fools at clinica estetica in tijuana

as you can see i was slightly motivated to get rid of the scars that took much of my life away...and of course not only did most yield almost no improvement, many made my skin worse creating large pores, more scarring, hypopigmentation, etc..

i have a friend who is a doctor in mexico who told me about pmma, a permanent filler that is very inexpensive and used throughout the world for all types of dermal filling, except of course here in the usa where they are keeping an easy solution to your scarring away from you... my frined from aguascalientes mexico, referred me to a doctor close to where i live . dr ruiz in tijuana, mexico. and u can find these doctors very easily who use pmma, not just dr ruiz.

this is what u have to do: be prepared to have injections in your face, which feel like tiny pinches each injection.. no big deal if u focus on the result you will get. be prepared to return as many times as it takes to fill in to the degree of your satisfaction.. i go once every few weeks for about 25 times now. i am a perfectionist becasue of the hell ive been through and im sure many people would have stopped long ago, but my face is virtually scarless now. be prepared to pay the money. so what. it cost me $7000 for one laser with dr stupid fulton in newport beach with maybe a 5% improvemnt and downtime, dr bullcrap, etc. this is no downtime.

thats it. i read about the panic, hopleessness, failures on this board for 5 years now. and here is the solution if u have accesss to mexico or perhaps another country close by to you . forget about the damn peels and lasers and all this other crap, especially temporary fillers.yu are wasying your time, money, life. its a permanent substance called pmma. once filled to your satisfaction it will stay where u put it. i have no scars that were overfilled.

if i can help just one person then ill be happy.

I love this story.

For just over a year now i have been considering getting permanent fillers like you. I'm sure the PMMA they used was similar to the Artecoll we use here in Canada:

"

Artecoll is the only permanent injectable implant on the market and is used for the correction of wrinkles and other skin depressions. Artecoll is composed of microscopic PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) beads in a collagen solution containing anesthetic for the relief of post-treatment tenderness. Artecoll is a permanent implant that remains for the life of the patient and has been approved in Canada since September 1998."

On friday i go in for temporary injectable filler (restylane). I know this type of filler is a total waste of money (about $1000), but i was told it is strongly encouraged that i have a temporary filler done before i have my artecoll in January 2009.

I dont know why there hasnt been much hype on these boards about permanent fillers such as Artecoll. I guess it only really works for people with certain type of scarring (scarring that disappears when the skin around it is stretched.

I have a couple questions. First off, what was the downtime after the injections? I know there is suppose to be swelling and redness, but how bad is it?

Also, what percentage of improvement have you seen thus far? I was told by my derm that i should expect 50-60% improvement in my scars. I want to know why it isnt 90-100%. My best guess is because he will be afraid of overinjecting the artecoll.

I am glad to hear you liked the results. Reading your story has really given me hope for my upcoming artecoll injections.

P.S. When this is all done I'm gonna pull more broads than you :D

wow, i like to know how much you pay for a treatment with dr ruiz, also, how much is your airfair? roundtrip where ur from to mexico?

thanks

wow, that sounds like a useful solution. it's too bad that you're being totally sexist and inappropriate while describing it. you're 42 and dating 18 year olds? that's pretty gross.

anyhow, thanks for the acne tip.

You are HOT! :dance: Riding young fillies!!!! :naughty: You are disgusting and shallow! :think:

Just kidding with ya. Happy to hear of your success and I do think you got artecol which is available in states.

jgroove, after all the crap you've been through with your scars..I'm truly Happy for your success.

QUOTE: jgroove - "i don't mean i look good for a 42 yr old, i mean i look good compared to any man period. i kept up my body to wait for this day so i would look hot, and i do"

Can you help us out with some before and after pics ? I'm curious as to what your scars looked like.

Plus..I'm VERY curious to view---> the man who believes he looks good compared to ANY man PERIOD.... no, not joking..I'm serious.

Thanx

I love this story.

For just over a year now i have been considering getting permanent fillers like you. I'm sure the PMMA they used was similar to the Artecoll we use here in Canada:

"

Artecoll is the only permanent injectable implant on the market and is used for the correction of wrinkles and other skin depressions. Artecoll is composed of microscopic PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) beads in a collagen solution containing anesthetic for the relief of post-treatment tenderness. Artecoll is a permanent implant that remains for the life of the patient and has been approved in Canada since September 1998."

On friday i go in for temporary injectable filler (restylane). I know this type of filler is a total waste of money (about $1000), but i was told it is strongly encouraged that i have a temporary filler done before i have my artecoll in January 2009.

I dont know why there hasnt been much hype on these boards about permanent fillers such as Artecoll. I guess it only really works for people with certain type of scarring (scarring that disappears when the skin around it is stretched.

I have a couple questions. First off, what was the downtime after the injections? I know there is suppose to be swelling and redness, but how bad is it?

Also, what percentage of improvement have you seen thus far? I was told by my derm that i should expect 50-60% improvement in my scars. I want to know why it isnt 90-100%. My best guess is because he will be afraid of overinjecting the artecoll.

I am glad to hear you liked the results. Reading your story has really given me hope for my upcoming artecoll injections.

P.S. When this is all done I'm gonna pull more broads than you :

downtime after injection s was a few hours, not much sweeling and some redness..maybe next day a a few small injection points but niothing t hide about . i promise. im in tijuana and just eat for a few hours run errands and by night time i go visit my beautiful mexiccan girlfirends.. and if you are not aware hispanic womenn are just so lovely and beautiful in every way, tehn u have the feminity and the wonderful attitude as well.

temporary fillers are a comlete waste

improment based on ur willingness to return to meet your level of satisfation.. i am not stopping till u cant see the scars with the lights out holding a flashlight at angles in the mirror... thast how particular i get...its so close to 100%

wow, i like to know how much you pay for a treatment with dr ruiz, also, how much is your airfair? roundtrip where ur from to mexico?

thanks

i satred by giving $400 for abou11 treatments...so insexpensive compared to everything else//lokked good then, but i just told myself to keep going toward perfection, why not? so its $45 dollars per visit and i actually mark every scar on my face that i want filled and then the doc finds ones that are hard for me to mark... very helpful.... in mexico u might negotiate or havng different price structure baed on your goals, but after a year of simple imjections to have nice smooth cheeks for the first time since i was 16 is amazing.

i drive from southern california leess than 2 hrs, but someflights would be cheaper than the 40 dollars of gas i spend maybe.

wow, that sounds like a useful solution. it's too bad that you're being totally sexist and inappropriate while describing it. you're 42 and dating 18 year olds? that's pretty gross.

i am not sexist , and am not gross looking in any way.

Couple of things to say on this. First, congrats to you OP on your success. You sound very excited about your results, as you should be.

However, this treatment carries risks like any other treatment.

Here are some links to various articles covering PMMAs - both good and bad:

BAD- Extensive facial necrosis resulting from injection of PMMAs

BAD- Blindness and total ophthalmoplegia 12 hours following injection of PMMAs

GOOD - Patient recieved PMMA injection in 1998. Updated picture in 2005. Results are still good and long-lasting.

This filler works. However, I would be cautious of injecting any permanent material into my body, let alone my face.

The first 2 complications I listed are quite severe. However, there are plenty of other sorts of complications that may result from these treatments. It's a health risk of course and can last for a very long time since the material is permanent.

This is an in-depth look at complications resulting from fillers, with pictures provided:

Complications that may arise from cosmetic fillers.

You are HOT! :dance: Riding young fillies!!!! :naughty: You are disgusting and shallow! :think:

Just kidding with ya. Happy to hear of your success and I do think you got artecol which is available in states.

i believe artecoll has slightly diferent make up, just ook it up... pmma is the substance they use much by its developer in brazil.. i met him in 1995 at a meducal confernce in puerto vallarta.

jgroove, after all the crap you've been through with your scars..I'm truly Happy for your success.

Can you help us out with some before and after pics ? I'm curious as to what your scars looked like.

Plus..I'm VERY curious to view--->

Thanx

we did not take any before pics to show scarring, im sorry everyone wants to see for themselves ,i understand. and i cannot post my pic period, because i work in any extremely public career position and it would be unnecessary informtion for thousands of people who can recognize my face instantly and say, owh wow i never knew that!!!!!!! no thank you. , i canm to help people to not go through all the hell idid and wasted so amny years of my young life.

I'm happy you found a solution that works for you. Truly. Am I the only woman who finds this thread to be slightly nauseating to read through though? Ugh...

thanks

i satred by giving $400 for abou11 treatments...so insexpensive compared to everything else//lokked good then, but i just told myself to keep going toward perfection, why not? so its $45 dollars per visit and i actually mark every scar on my face that i want filled and then the doc finds ones that are hard for me to mark... very helpful.... in mexico u might negotiate or havng different price structure baed on your goals, but after a year of simple imjections to have nice smooth cheeks for the first time since i was 16 is amazing.

i drive from southern california leess than 2 hrs, but someflights would be cheaper than the 40 dollars of gas i spend maybe.

dang, i live in new york so thatd be a bitch..

whats the downtime like?

i am not sexist , and am not gross looking in any way. i look like im 29 by just about evryone who meets me, my body looks younger than that.its not bragging its a fact that ive heard over and over, i can walk with you in the mall and show you guys in their prime 18-22 year olds and they look like crap.i have no problem standing next to these guys and you can tell me which one look slike crap. most men are overweight and havent got a single muscle in their body.that includes the ones who are supposed to be in teh gym lifting weights. and i dont have women attracted to me initially by car, job , staus, its just straight out eye stare down by the girls becasue they are looking at soemone they are attracted to.. i dint come here to exagerate or make myself feel like im important. just letin peole know that they probably will look better than they think if they got rid of those scars. its positive so stop trying to make it negative. gross is never a word i hear by any gilrs i meet..on the contrary its completely flattering..

It's not a badge of honor to date 18-22 year olds when your 42. It's a sign of immaturity. It sounds like you don't know what being sexist means.

It's not a badge of honor to date 18-22 year olds when your 42. It's a sign of immaturity. It sounds like you don't know what being sexist means.

There's nothing wrong with someone whose 42 dating 18-22 year olds.

QUOTE: jgroove - "i don't mean i look good for a 42 yr old, i mean i look good compared to any man period. i kept up my body to wait for this day so i would look hot, and i do"

Plus..I'm VERY curious to view---> the man who believes he looks good compared to ANY man PERIOD.... no, not joking..I'm serious.

Thanx

we did not take any before pics to show scarring, im sorry everyone wants to see for themselves ,i understand. and i cannot post my pic period, because i work in any extremely public career position and it would be unnecessary informtion for thousands of people who can recognize my face instantly and say, owh wow i never knew that!!!!!!! no thank you. the best i can do is post a shot of my body with out my face. i didnt com her to bullcrap, i canme to help people to not go through all the hell idid and wasted so amny years of my young life.

naw..don't want to see your 40 something body. I was only interested in your scar before and afters...it would be beneficial to all of us interested in your procedure ..after all, thats what this scar forum is all about..SCARS.

I'm happy you found a solution that works for you. Truly. Am I the only woman who finds this thread to be slightly nauseating to read through though? Ugh...

No...no you're not.

Anyway that this could be reversed?Could the filler be extracted ?

No. Once its in, you cant get it out. The main problem with permanent fillers is overcorrection. Once its there, its there forever.

can you give us the contact info for dr. ruiz?

dr rufino ruiz 619 793 4628

thanks

dang, i live in new york so thatd be a bitch..

whats the downtime like?

downtime a few hours of slight redness...maybe slight bump where injected... thats all i ever had

Anyway that this could be reversed?Could the filler be extracted ?

No. Once its in, you cant get it out. The main problem with permanent fillers is overcorrection. Once its there, its there forever.

cotisone can be injected or they can remove surgically

Did your exoderm peel cause your pores to enlarge and hypo - pigmentate your face? Mine did! Does the pmma fill in the open pores? Have you found a treatment for your hypo- pigmentation?