Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I was at the gym today talking to this guy who is a friend of the girl I dated (made a thread about it awhile back). He asked if I was going to prom. I say No because the only girl I want to go with doesn't talk to me anymore. He knew who I was talking about, and said "Yeah, she said you're a creep".

Life is just so not fair. It's a bitch because only one month ago I was the happiest I have ever been in my life, but now I'm feeling the most miserable I've ever felt. All these years of acne just warped the way I act, I can't help it if I'm a bit introverted, anti-social, or awkward. I didn't get the teenage experience that a lot of lucky people get, to never even know the pain of having this ridiculous disease. I never really liked many girls in my life, but whenever I do meet a girl, it's because she is really something special, which was the case for this girl, so I couldn't help but feel compelled to like her.

This was the same girl who told me I was unconfident. I spent days in the gym working to have the best body as I can but I received zero confidence. Nothing in my social life has changed. It's so sad, I haven't talked to ANYONE in my school for the past 6 months except for my one good friend, but he's not the kind of friend I can really talk about personal stuff with him. And now a cancer scare, gotta miss my graduation ceremony because of surgery, and if it is something serious my whole army career can be put on halt for the next 5 years. I sense so many lonely days ahead.. what am I going to be doing on prom night. Gonna be at a hospital on grad day with no one to visit me. I don't even know how to begin to try and better myself.

Things will look up, once you start looking up. I suggest reading books like The Power of Now, or something like Quantum Healing.

You have to learn how to be happy with just being you. All these bad things in your life need to be a catalyst for change, not another reason to feel down about yourself.

Slowly start progressing towards what you want to be. Even small steps will eventually lead to a huge change.

There are never problems, only solutions.

Good song though. In Rainbows is also a great album.

Aw, hon...we love you. :wub:

That was a mean thing for both of them to say. Any chance that you're ripped and this guy isn't? Hmm?

Thanks. PhilosoFloyd, i'll look into the books you suggested.

It wasn't really that he said I was a creep, he was just repeating what she told him. He's a big kid too though.

I'm just wondering though, am I really giving off an aura of creepiness? Does the way I talk or sit down really tell others to avoid me?

Hey dude don't worry about it, the "girl of my dreams" wrote FREAK in my yearbook. She was more like a nightmare, but o well, i don't dwell on others opinions.

When it comes down to it, all that matters is how you see you. I didn't have that many friends in highschool but i did slowly develop a personality that i was comfortable with.

When your comfortable with who you are, and every situation, you will draw people in. Maybe not instantly but slowly as you become what you define as "you" you will meet people.

I would describe myself as laid back, warm hearted, non-conformist, music loving hippie. I really stepped outside of that box of what is considered "cool."

You know that whole abercrombie dealio that everyone bought into. Being suave\slick or whatnot.

Reaaaaddd, and read some more. There is so much out there to know, so much to be aware of. And before you know it, youll be the one with something interesting\witty to say. You know what i mean???

I got into deep poetry and music. It was once a vice for my pain, but now more like a love of understanding.

Be confident not cocky, be friendly, be happy, just make sure that you be what you feel is right in your heart. But build what you want on solid ground.(good morals, good heart) Basically everything that the pain\cruelty of this world has made you want more and more. Love, just be Love

You could be communicating "stay away" to people through body language. It's possible. But you don't seem unapproachable here.

Hey friend, I can understand how the situation you are in seems to only get deeper and deeper. I feel these certain ways everyday, you know, the constant battle. However, listen to the great prophet PinkPhilsoFloyd. His words are that of wisdom. Do not let you drag yourself down into the depths of agony, because that is an endless pit of sorrow. On the other hand, lighten up with yourself. My friend, you are the greatest thing that will happen in your life. Love, and be loved. Life is really a joke, isn't it? In everything we do, we are making choices. You are not a creep... you're in it deep. Don't worry my friend, I've been drowning too. I want for you to change your avatar sig : unloved. You are loved. Choose to be loved. Get out there and live it. Life is what you make it. Make your life beautiful. Keep your chin up brother. -Kevin

I was reading that whole thread and if you lived within five hours of me i swear i would have come over and hung out with you...

you wont be alone, if you ever need to talk i am right here for you bro.

Dude you look ripped. Hang out at the beach man, you'll have people crawling all over you. I don't have anything inspirational to say, but of all the females I know, they start drooling over guys with nice abs.

What an awful society...

Haha true to that. Then again though... it could be a good thing. Abs arent too hard 2 get.

Dont bother what your X said about you. Both mine called me a creep 2 (back then i was introverted and had acne).

Now im best friends with both of them and probably doing better in relationships than them.

If things can get so bad in a month...couldnt it get better just as fast? So brighten up, "life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it" as the saying goes.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels like this. Of course life has its ups and downs. And when you are in the downs...you feel like the ups were a thing of the past.

I have to admit (and believe me I'm not proud of it) that I was really mean to my ex at one point. But just because your ex says sh**tty things about you doesn't mean everyone agrees.

That's just what an ex does....unfortunately. I actually really like my ex even though things didn't work out.

P.S. NOTHING is sexier than built abs...although muscular shoulders really do complete the package.

bonjour!

Ah, my friend I must tell you my story. I feel compelled to tell you my story only because I think you need to hear the other side. In high school I was that girl, your ex, I mean. I said truly hurtful things about the guys that I did not want to like me. but do you know why? its not because you are unworthy of loving, but because I did not love myself. I was so caught up in what was expected of me as a beautiful girl... I couldn't date the guy with acne, or the guy with how you say.. braces?? IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. this girl you speak of apparently has no perception of who she is, because only a person sure of themselves can see past the external shell of a person. What this girl doesn't know is that she is missing out on your très beau (very beautiful) heart. and her shell, however wonderful it may be for now will soon be peeled away and what is left on the inside will be rotten. What you have is something much deeper, and you must learn to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to love you back. As for your cancer, I do not believe in a god to speak of, but you will be in my thoughts and hopefully it is nothing. keep your head up, mon chéri. This too shall pass.

with love.

Franchesca

Oh and "near."....

I just saw your personal photo and...HOLY F$^% bloody nice physique! Wow ure my idol.

Just flash those abs of yours man.. ull get all the chicks. ;)

Think of it this way... if you can develop such a physique... u surely can change your personality to your liking too. Anyways gyming is 10x harder than opening up to people.

PS: how did you get such defined abs? Removing fat layer or working them out?

Near? More like Leonidas.

But hey man, there's a ton of great advice above. It's when we're at our absolute weakest that we begin on the path to becoming stronger than ever before. It's you who decides the pace, nobody else. If you have a positive mindset, you're going to go far quickly, and experience and appreciate life in a whole new way. When you finally know that everything is fine, the next person who says something like "YEAH DOOD SHE SAID UR A FRAEK" you'll just laugh in their face, then make their eyes explode by revealing your glorious abs.

So keep your head up, the clouds are far more beautiful than the sidewalk.

You could be communicating "stay away" to people through body language. It's possible. But you don't seem unapproachable here.

That is what I was thinking.

Body language does tell everything!

Thanks for the help everyone. Honestly, every single person gave such solid advice. I think I'll be ok. Again thank you so much for everything everyone.

Just remember, however bad it is youre not alone. Your org brothers got your back, cause people from the org roll as one. :cool:

As far as social skills, all you need is practice/exposure. This summer, Ive been working 60 hours a week. And while Im not recommending this necessarily, Im around people like 24/7 (I even share a bedroom with my brother). My social skills are improving alot.