Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baby pink

cyst popped up this morning i think :(

i usually don't get cyst, my acne is definitely moderate in type (although all over which sucks as well) but what i think is a cyst popped up this morning. what can i do to treat it? it kinda hurts. i already took ibuprofen today and iced it a bit..

Outside of what you are doing, I don't know what else to suggest....but I wanted to hop in here and give you some encouragement, you're not alone! (

Outside of what you are doing, I don't know what else to suggest....but I wanted to hop in here and give you some encouragement, you're not alone! (

i think it's hormonal because it's on my jawline and period started yesterday. still, it's no fun! i don't have any TTO which I'm tempted to try sometime, I do have BP 2.5% but I always find BP so irritating. I have some clean and clear spot treatment but lately that hasn't helped a bit. ugh :(

i think it's hormonal because it's on my jawline and period started yesterday. still, it's no fun! i don't have any TTO which I'm tempted to try sometime, I do have BP 2.5% but I always find BP so irritating. I have some clean and clear spot treatment but lately that hasn't helped a bit. ugh :(

Some things you can try- have two or three mugs of spearmint tea- it helps with hormonal acne because it reduces androgen production sort of like spironolactone. Also, take a lot of zinc- try to take it day and night for the next few days. As far as topical treatments, try this stuff by neutragena called Acne Stress Control- it's a 2% salicylic acid treatment that is not overly drying and it's actually hydrating but keeps your skin matte. It also reduces inflamation which is great for hormonal acne. I think it stopped a cyst I had that was about to come up. Not sure if this is what did it or if it was something else since I've been trying a bunch of things lately, but I did notice an imediate difference with this stuff so I think it's pretty good.

Just wanted to post mostly to just offer a little support and say I feel your pain! I'm so glad I found this site- you are not alone.

Good luck!