Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paulie Walnuts

lol no one will believe this here but its true

Yep, for the most part I do notice other people's acne, I just don't dwell on it like I might about my own.

I guess there's always some people like my mum, who always points out my acne and says it's cause I've 'let myself go' or I 'don't care enough about my health'. Yeah, I've only spent thousands of dollars on diets, meds, derms, vitamins, bp, acid peels, creams ect...I suppose I just don't care enough.

People do notice...If you are a teenager or a young adult, its considered atleast somewhat normal. But if you are still getting acne after 25, people do find that weird I believe. Especially since its considered to be mainly a teenage problem...

honestly, ur the biggest critic with your face. I promise nobody even notices your acne unless you bring it up or are negative with yourself. I went to college for a year when I was completely clear and right befoer I moved back home I broke out horribly completely over my face, so when I saw my friends again I was worried but no one even mentioned it at all.

Later on I complained about it once, and my friend looked at my face and was like, "Oh yea, man i didnt even notice that shit until u pointed it out, shut up next time"'

its so true, people dont notice really.

People notice if they are concerned with their own acne. I never noticed until I had it myself.

its weird, i just recently told my mum how much my skin was getting me down and she couldnt believe it and made me go and take my make up off to prove there was a problem and spent most of the convo half laughing about how upset i was getting. but that could just be cos mums can be blind to imperfections sometimes! i also went to the doctor about it the other day and said i was having problems with my skin and she looks at me and goes 'where exactly' i was like, ummm, O_O all over my face? obviously?! and you're a doctor? seriously its moderate too not mild

i think people notice but not nearly to the extent that we do and i also doubt that most care...

lol most people around here do, Like ill be sitting at the park bench with my friends and a boy i kno but dont know all like that will come up and be like " damn joe, have you ever tried proactive" .. most people dont bring it up because the dont want to hurt you, some people dont care or dont think its a big deal and will bring it up to you.

my friends even bring it up, me and my brother (best friend from knee high) was walking to the store alone juss me and him one day and he askd. "are you drinking alot of milk, no offense im just wondering because your face is getting bad" and im like dang. lol

It is true. I have mild to slightly moderate acne on my face, and nobody seems to notice it. However, the bacne is a different story.

Heck, I wore a T-shirt under a dress at my school's musical because of my bacne, and nobody noticed that. The guy I've liked for a while even said I looked nice ^_^ (thanks to heavy makeup covering my uneven complexion, my face REALLY did look nice!)

It's so true! Anytime that I start complaining or even crying about my skin, which looks disgusting to me, my friends and family all look at me like I'm 100% batshit.

Apparently, it only looks like I have one or two zits and the red marks aren't that bad at all. Still, I always brush it off as them just being nice whenever they say things like this.

I mean, shit, I have mirrors and I know how bad it is and I get frustrated when everyone tries to coddle me.

a persons skin is the first thing i look at NOW.

before i ever had acne i never noticed peoples skin ever. my best friend in high school had acne and i ever noticed until you know i look at pics

i dont know if my friends notice my skin, but like right now its all bumpy and i have some pimples and i know my friend that has acne /went thro acne notices my face.

people notice.

It depends who it is. If I didn't know you that well or just met you, you wouldn't notice as much. However, people who are close to me(ie. family, friends), would know how I looked before I had acne so they'd notice it more. They'd already have that mental image of me when I was clear. Also, people that actually have acne will notice another with acne more than those who don't have it. They point out the flaws in other people because of their own flaws. I guess it's just natural. I even did it myself for a while but now I just don't care...as much. ;)

thats stupid , depends how severe it is man... when i had it quite bad im pretty sure everyone noticed..

You make a good point. It also depends how severe it is. :)

honestly, ur the biggest critic with your face. I promise nobody even notices your acne unless you bring it up or are negative with yourself. I went to college for a year when I was completely clear and right befoer I moved back home I broke out horribly completely over my face, so when I saw my friends again I was worried but no one even mentioned it at all.

Later on I complained about it once, and my friend looked at my face and was like, "Oh yea, man i didnt even notice that shit until u pointed it out, shut up next time"'

its so true, people dont notice really.

I think you could be right... I walk around thinking I look disgusting and as a result I don't smile much, of course I'll smile if a nice person decides to talk to me :), but point is..I walk around looking really unhappy..thinking that everyone's judging me by my face... I also told one of my best friends once about my issues with my face and she was just in disbelief because it was something she doesn't see, I sometimes wonder if she's blinded by her love for me haha :D

This is so true.

Most people don't notice your acne. And even if they do, they don't give a damn.

It's wrong to say that just because you notice other people's skin they would notice yours. You notice it because you are so worried over your own skin. When you pay attention to your skin you tend to notice other people's skins also. When you don't, you don't notice how other people's skin look like.

And if other people notice your skin, it's only because you are self-conscious about it. People pick up the subtle clues we send out (the vibes so to say). If you are conscious about your skin people will pick it up and treat you accordingly. Meaning they are more likely to notice your skin.

On the other hand, if you are comfortable with your skin, other people will also be.

It's all in your head.

You shoot yourself on the foot with this worrying and then admire your marksmanship.

I wish this were true...it might be true for those who have mild acne. Many people who post pictures of their acne here have what I would consider mild breakouts and I really wouldn't think much of it if I saw them in person. For me on the other hand, I have lots of red marks (and areas) and big pimples, people notice. When I was home a few weeks ago, let's see, my stepmother, my aunt, my stemother's friend, her seven year old daughter, my father and my best friend's mom all commented on my skin and I never brought it up. It wasn't even at it's worst by any means. Also, it might just be my paranoia, but I feel like guys really notice it too.