Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paulie Walnuts

lol no one will believe this here but its true

honestly, ur the biggest critic with your face. I promise nobody even notices your acne unless you bring it up or are negative with yourself. I went to college for a year when I was completely clear and right befoer I moved back home I broke out horribly completely over my face, so when I saw my friends again I was worried but no one even mentioned it at all.

Later on I complained about it once, and my friend looked at my face and was like, "Oh yea, man i didnt even notice that shit until u pointed it out, shut up next time"'

its so true, people dont notice really.

its true that most people dont care.

its just that small minority that feel the need to be rude. there the ones who crushes peoples confidence.

Very true.

honestly, ur the biggest critic with your face. I promise nobody even notices your acne unless you bring it up or are negative with yourself. I went to college for a year when I was completely clear and right befoer I moved back home I broke out horribly completely over my face, so when I saw my friends again I was worried but no one even mentioned it at all.

Later on I complained about it once, and my friend looked at my face and was like, "Oh yea, man i didnt even notice that shit until u pointed it out, shut up next time"'

its so true, people dont notice really.

hmm i dont know about that. When I had it everyone seemed to notice it.

For me, it's me that notices. I'm having one of those weeks with my skin where I've erupted in hundreds of teeny, tiny bumps - makes me feel like clawing my skin off just to feel smooth, BUT when I brought it up to my husband, he just looked at me like I was nuts.

its true that most people dont care.

its just that small minority that feel the need to be rude. there the ones who crushes peoples confidence.

yup you pretty much hit it on the head. i remember at the end of elementary school is when i first started getting acne. i didnt care abouit it at all until some jackass kid pointed it out and teased me for it. after that i started to feel like everybody else was staring at me and everything, it was terrible. it just shows you, if that one kid would have just kept his mouth shut i probably never would have been so affected by it. thats why i always think people should be more cautious and watch what they bug people about, cause just joking around can seriously hurt someones feelings.

Thats so true! When I look at my face I hate it but a few weeks ago a co-worker said to me "well you dont have to wear makeup since you have clear skin" and i was like WTF lol even though I don't believe that myself its nice to hear that someone thinks that.

Yes but even if nobody else notices for some of us its like if you know its there its like beating away at your confidence; so either way it affects you.

sorta true.

back in 7th grade gym class, this girl's chin was accidentaly hit by a basketball. and she was like "omg, i popped my zit!" i remember thinking "huh? what's a zit?" i just never noticed any pimples on other people.

but now i do, i "scrutinize" everybody's skin for any imperfections. then get jealous at the good skin people, and secretly glad i dont have it as bad as some others.

I can't say that I totally agree with this. How can you not notice someone's face when you're looking right at them? They probably don't say anything because it isn't polite to, so it seems like they don't notice.

haha trust me..people notice. They just don't make a big deal over it or think much about it like we do. But sometimes i secretly think to myself sometimes "Wow, I'm kinda glad that my acne isnt that bad" :ninja:

I agree that most people notice your acne / scars / etc. but they would just see it as a characteristic of your face, such as a strong jaw line, etc. Its just that small section of Jack arses that choose to say something about it because they are insecure about themselves in some way. The one thing that always gets me is when someone looks at you, and your not exactly looking back at them, but you can tell that they are focusing in on your face?... know what I mean?... wether or not they are looking at my skin, it still makes me uncomfortable...

Acne is just like any other imperfection. We only notice it more on other people because we have it ourselves and naturally tend to pay more attention to it. People do notice, but they usually notice it like any other trait, like what color eyes one has, or one's size. Though it is true that we are often our worst enemy. A quote comes to mind: "no one can make you feel bad without your permission." Overall, what's most important is how you deal with it. If you don't let acne make you feel bad, other people usually won't mention it at all.

The fact is a lot of people think others care about how their face looks because its a vanity problem. The world doesn't revolve around you (or in this case, your face). People may notice it but unless its very distracting they don't care 99% of the time. People don't look at me differently now because I've got clearer skin then when I had cysts all over my face. It's obviously a self-consciousness issue you have with yourself and it influences how you feel about others perception of you.

If my skin ever was brought up it wasn't because they cared in a bad way but wanted to help me. Of course I got pissed off but acne totally changes your perception, theres so much negativity that comes with it. It just makes you paranoid.

i found that out during my last days of havin acne and right when i did, my face cleared. some ppl wud notice but they rly didnt care

Random strangers and maybe some personal friends may not care too much but family and family friends always seem to notice and comment (at least in my experience).

I notice everybody's skin. Especially the ones with really good skin who make me envious and angry. And the ones with bad skin who make me thankful. And the ones with similar skin who make me commiserate.

I definitely notice people's acne but I think the average person who isn't a model (or thinks they are) doesn't necessarily notice.

of course people notice- maybe you just have clear skin with a few imperfections- poeple comment on mine a fair bit...

how crazy and unrealistic to think people dont notice... wishful thinking lol

or if they really dont notice yours then you are lucky with your skin :D

xx