Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aria H.

My goal for an overall better health, along with fabulous skin!

Although I've been low on stress the past few weeks, I'm getting the worst breakouts I've ever had right now. My face broke out a couple of days ago, and my back isn't doing so well, either. I'm sixteen now, and my back has been covered with acne since the second I hit twelve. It's annoying, to say the least. I used the Proactiv body wash on my back for four months with no results, same with Neutrogena. Now I'm trying a simpler route (less SA and BP, more health-conscious choices). Below is what I've been trying for the past few days/weeks, and etc..

Face:

1. Clean & Clear Soft In-Shower Facial (I use it every other day as instructed, in place of my cleanser, followed by a moisturizer. It has a sort of cool feel, like the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask [which burns my face], but this doesn't burn my face. I've only used it twice, but it feels nice, and I am going to continue use...for now)

2. Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Dual Action Toner (I've used it about four times, and it hasn't irritated my face yet. My face is sometimes pink after using it, but I feel it tingling. Personally, I like it. I think it's causing an initial breakout, but I'd say it is too soon, so I don't know. I use it to get rid of my makeup when I wear it. I don't wear eye makeup.)

3. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 (Only for my dry, itchy spots.)

4. Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser (I'm using it because it is gentle. I'll find something with 2.0% SA. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of one of the Clean & Clear cleansers, because I haven't given them a good shot.)

5. St Ives Apricot Face Wash (Every other evening. It's not the scrub. It has round beads in it and 2.0% SA. I decided to finish using the bottle. The search for a great cleanser continues!)

6. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 (For the days I'll actually be in the sunlight)

Back/Chest (aka, the area with a less developed plan. eek!):

1. Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Body Wash (I switched from the bar because I was afraid that bacteria was getting on the bar. The wash is actually better than the bar.)

2. Stridex Daily Care Maximum Strength pads (hmm...I don't know if this is doing anything for me or not. Again, I will continue to use until I have enough reason not to)

Diet (aka, the area with the least developed plan):

1. Green tea (today I had about 3 cups worth. I made one cup of hot tea, and then two additional cups of tea to refrigerate.)

2. OneSource Teen's Multivitamin (I doubt it will help my acne much, but if it does...great! I'm not so frequent with this. I keep forgetting to take it...oops!)

3. Less junk food (surprisingly enough, I don't really miss it. Yeah, I have had a little junk food today. I'm trying to replace it with healthier stuff.)

4. Decrease how much milk I drink.

AAAAND, Exercise (correction...this is the worst plan, IMO):

1. Play Dance Dance Revolution for 15-30 minutes daily. Then shower. (Let's face it: I'm lazy. This is the only way.)

I'm sorry if I've rambled. Feel free to add a question, comment, concern, etc... I'd be pleased to hear some advice.

GL! :) I'm taking the OneSource Teen Multivitamin. I haven't noticed much results..I'm not even sure if its helping my acne..but I just take it anyways =p

Good luck! Yeah, from what I've heard about St. Ive's Apricot Scrub - Changing it would be best. Althought it seems like it's making your face softer & stuff, it is aggravating your acne. When I stopped using it, I stopped breaking out as much.

Keep us updated :)

Ah, well... in that case, my cleanser will be switched to something with .5% SA, and once I finish that bottle, I'll get something with 2% SA.

UPDATE:

Face:

1. Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (the SA ones were irritating my face, and although I didn't give them a good four weeks, I decided I wanted something gentle)

2. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 (it doesn't moisturize as much as I like. I ordered jojoba oil after reading up on it)

3. Vaseline (just for the super dry spots. It helps more than the moisturizer, but still not a ton.)

4. Zapzyt (better reviews than Neutrogena. I know the BP concentration is much higher, but with enough moisturizer I think I'll be okay. Plus, this had better reviews.)

Body:

1. OXY Bar Soap (I got it as a sample size, and I will use it only on my shoulders, where my current breakouts are. The rest of my body will still be washed using the Dove.

2. Stridex Pads (I'm going to look for something else now, because the container is low and it hasn't done anything)

I think that's it...

I have two inflamed pimples on my face, and just a few on my back. :D

But I know that the IB is probably about to come... :(

Hi aria! Hope you find the product that is right 4 u soon!

Im currently searching right now and have ordered the 'calmin face cleanser and moisturiser.

good luck 2 U xx

Old regimen = meh. I'm trying out a new one and if I remember, I'm going to post it here. :D

It involves more drugstore products!!!

(by the way, 9 out of 10 products for sensitive skin irritated my face...and regular products didn't?! strange...)