Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

please tell me what make up primer you use

Actually, I do mean rape seed. Personally I think its a poor choice in naming but, hey whatever works.

And Molly, don't be a snob. Sometimes dirt cheap is not a bad thing.

Actually, I do mean rape seed. Personally I think its a poor choice in naming but, hey whatever works.

And Molly, don't be a snob. Sometimes dirt cheap is not a bad thing.

i agree. i know you have really sensitive skin, but a lot of times, simple drug store products are the best bang for your buck. for example, i started using all of mac's skincare products, and some i've found are too over priced for what they are, and some i can't live without. the cleanse off oil is amazing, and i don't think i'll ever stray. the studio moisture cream, however, i find to be too over priced for what it is. i'd rather use cetaphil lotion or cream, and find i have to mix it in anyway to make mac's more emollient. it's just a process of finding what works best for you.

i have pretty sensitive skin too, and i find using as few products as possible, and as mild products as possible, work best for me. :)

Those fancy department store products (and expensive) are made by the same manufacturers of the dirt cheap drug and grocery store products in so many cases. Snobbery is unpleasant and frequently misguided...particularly in this case.

I love Philosophy's "The supernatural poreless, flawless tinted spf 15." To be honest, if I wasn't using this I would absolutely get the monistat, but I love this stuff because of the way it functions not only as a primer, but also as a sunscreen, pore refiner, and it evens out skin tone to boot! I often don't wear foundation while wearing this because it evens everything out just fine. Just a little powder and concealer over the top and I'm good. Only downside is the 30 dollar price tag (cheaper on ebay though). However, it's worth it because of how multi-functional it is.

Where is Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel from?

You can buy it at any drugstore.

My name is Good Golly Miss Molly, a woman with sensitive skin. I am not buying over the counter stuff. Im talking fancy primers from department stores

Sorry, just trying to help... :silenced:

Those fancy department store products (and expensive) are made by the same manufacturers of the dirt cheap drug and grocery store products in so many cases. Snobbery is unpleasant and frequently misguided...particularly in this case.

Well said!

I've never used a primer. . hell, never heard of primer until a week ago. I presume it makes your make-up go one more evenly and last longer? I get nervous about adding extra stuff onto my skin, but in what section of the drugstore does one but this Monistat anti-chaffing gel? Can you get it at Walgreens (I have to make a trip there tomorrow, so that's why I ask.)

i found it in the section with other feminine products, usually around condoms, yeast treatments, lubes... Those type of Monistat products are in a dark purple box. I like it.

And I agree, I have found more success, quality, and price savings with store brand everything. I have no sympathy for people who can't pay their credit cards or put gas in their car when they insist on high end name brands with the way the economy is...

i found it in the section with other feminine products, usually around condoms, yeast treatments, lubes... Those type of Monistat products are in a dark purple box. I like it.

And I agree, I have found more success, quality, and price savings with store brand everything. I have no sympathy for people who can't pay their credit cards or put gas in their car when they insist on high end name brands with the way the economy is...

You agree with who, me?

yep, it's all fancy marketing and packaging.

Everyone has different tastes. That doesnt make me a snob

Everyone has different tastes. That doesnt make me a snob

The outright rejection of those having more and different experiences than you does, however.

yes, molly, everyone has different tastes, and of course it's okay that you don't want to use drugstore products, but you did kind of say it in a way that came off a bit snobby. (it's so hard through written words.... you never get the right voice inflection.) anyway, some people made some good suggestions here, so you have some options. :) how are you liking the mac prep + prime? do you have a make-up alley account at all? it's an awesome resource and free to use. you can get a ton of reviews on products your interested in trying. check it out!

You agree with who, me?

Uh no

First of all, I dont even drive so I dont need gas for my car and second of all, I do pay my bills.

Molly, you are either purposely taking everything out of context, or you are just missing the point of what everyone here has said.

Would anyone care to list the ingredients for the Monistat Chaffing Gel? Curiousity has got the best of me :wub:

http://www.americarx.com/Products/27651.html

Thank you! I'm actually suprised at how few ingredients there are...

Molly, I dont think people are calling you a snob I think they just mean that people who only limit themselves to high end brands and won't try anything else can be perceived as snobs such as people who may not know you personally on this board.

Personally I like high end brands and drug store brands. I have a million mac lipglosses and one day at cvs i picked up a revlon one and its my favorite .. i use it more then the mac lipglosses. paying alot of money for something doesnt always mean its actually good, especially makeup, some girls think that anything with the name mac on it makes it automatically good.

You agree with who, me?

Uh no

First of all, I dont even drive so I dont need gas for my car and second of all, I do pay my bills.

Molly, you are either purposely taking everything out of context, or you are just missing the point of what everyone here has said.

Would anyone care to list the ingredients for the Monistat Chaffing Gel? Curiousity has got the best of me :wub:

http://www.americarx.com/Products/27651.html

Thank you! I'm actually suprised at how few ingredients there are...

Maybe I am missing her point. Care to re explain?

Molly, I dont think people are calling you a snob I think they just mean that people who only limit themselves to high end brands and won't try anything else can be perceived as snobs such as people who may not know you personally on this board.

Personally I like high end brands and drug store brands. I have a million mac lipglosses and one day at cvs i picked up a revlon one and its my favorite .. i use it more then the mac lipglosses. paying alot of money for something doesnt always mean its actually good, especially makeup, some girls think that anything with the name mac on it makes it automatically good.

I have extremely sensitive skin. I have used drugstore brands for most of my life and I will not use them anymore. They all break me out. Mac is actually the only colored lipgloss that hasnt broken me out

Gotcha ;) Well the monistat stuff has very little ingredients if you care to look into it. If not i'm sure you'll find something you like.

Gotcha ;) Well the monistat stuff has very little ingredients if you care to look into it. If not i'm sure you'll find something you like.

I read it has mineral oil in it which most people can use without breakouts. For me, its a different story though. Jojoba oil (desert escence) also broke me out horribly