Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

please tell me what make up primer you use

There seems to be no middle ground with me. My make up either comes out looking excellent or it looks horrible. Today is one of the days where it look horrible. What make up primer do you use? I seriously need one because I I end up with more make up in some areas than others. I apply it to my whole face but it often gets rubbed off my forehead, my nose and above my lips. My chin always looks great. Thank you for your help ladies :D

Monistat Anti-Chafing gel!!! It's the best makeup primer I've used, and super cheap too. You can find tons of reviews of this stuff on makeupalley. It gives my skin a beautiful silky smooth finish and lets my makeup apply evenly. I've also noticed that I don't oily as much during the day. Go try this out, it's my absolute HG!!

Monistat Anti-Chafing gel!!! It's the best makeup primer I've used, and super cheap too. You can find tons of reviews of this stuff on makeupalley. It gives my skin a beautiful silky smooth finish and lets my makeup apply evenly. I've also noticed that I don't oily as much during the day. Go try this out, it's my absolute HG!!

same. Its cheap, its effective, and overall just wonderful. Just make sure when you do apply, to put an even layer all over your face, than let it dry at least 10-15 min BEFORE you put your make-up on. That should definitely help.

:think:

Do you guys use a moisturizer as well as a primer? Or do you use a primer because you don't use a moisturizer?

I've never used a primer either :shifty: I'm not even sure what they're called here......... :@

Where is Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel from?

You can buy it at any drugstore.

My name is Good Golly Miss Molly, a woman with sensitive skin. I am not buying over the counter stuff. Im talking fancy primers from department stores

I got a good sized sample of Smashbox Photo Finish primer from Sephora and it does a nice job; lives up to its rep, IMO. It feels super lightweight, and seems to help with wear & oil control. My pores look less noticeable also.

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel has the same main ingredient though...which is why I believe people have caught onto using it as a primer.

My HG "primer" is DHC Q10 Moist Color Base SPF 30+ in beige. I apply a thin layer wherever my makeup tends to melt off (t-zone for me) and it doesn't budge. I can go over half a day without blotting. A record for me... It's not foolproof though...you have to apply it very thinly and quickly before it sets. Once it sets, it is set for the day.

i don't use a primer either.... you could try smashbox, or maybe mac's. i don't know a whole lot about primers. i would check out mua for suggestions. i know benefit has one, but i don't know if it's very good, and i'm sure there are others out there too. good luck!

I used Prime Time by BareEscentuals which broke me out after just 1 application. Fortunately it was just a sample!

Well I went to the mac counter today and was given a sample of their primer. If it doest work out, I will buy the other one you suggested Siouxsie

Do you guys use a moisturizer as well as a primer? Or do you use a primer because you don't use a moisturizer?

I don't use a primer, never have. Just moisturizer.

Where is Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel from?

You can buy it at any drugstore.

My name is Good Golly Miss Molly, a woman with sensitive skin. I am not buying over the counter stuff. Im talking fancy primers from department stores

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=26832

aloe vera gel + rape seed oil

o.o Rape seed oil?

*looks it up*

I've never heard of rapeseed! Every day is a school day...

Pretty sure she meant grapeseed. I did a double-take too.

aloe vera gel + rape seed oil

o.o Rape seed oil?

*looks it up*

I've never heard of rapeseed! Every day is a school day...

Pretty sure she meant grapeseed. I did a double-take too.

I thought she did too, then I looked it up and it's a real seed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed

She might still have meant grape seed lol.

Molly, I stopped using a primer when I realized that the Silicones in it were clogging my pores and making me breakout in tiny whiteheads. Since I stopped using a silicone based primer, no breakouts. I do have Lorac's Aquaprime. It's a water based primer but to be honest I think it doesn't do anything. I find that the long wearing makeups like Colorstay, Lancome Teint Idole, don't need primers with them.As for minerals, I would use the Monistat anti-chaffing gel. It does work better and is cheaper than smashbox or Prime time.

I do use a Vitamin C serum under my makeup. It does have some silicones in it and it works like a primer while giving me anti-oxident protection. Thus making my SPF work better. I try to minimize what I use under my makeup. Too much stuff can actually make makeup worse.

Actually, alot of people replace there expensive primers with monistat. it has the same active ingredients as many of those 'fancy' primers without the price tag. go to makeupalley.com and do a search on it it has tons and tons of great reviews, its about 7 dollars and probably double the size of a standard primer you get from sephora. i would never go back to spending 20-40 something bucks on a primer!

Both. First moisturizer-let it dry, then primer.