Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnnoyedGal

Vitamin C and Zinc, so far good!

Hello,

I am 29 and still tend to breakout. A few weeks ago I read that zinc and Vitamin C may help acne. I have been using it 3 1/2 weeks. So far so good! No new acne...Hope it continues!!!! So you may want to try a zinc supplement and vitamin C supplement!

Hello,

I am 29 and still tend to breakout. A few weeks ago I read that zinc and Vitamin C may help acne. I have been using it 3 1/2 weeks. So far so good! No new acne...Hope it continues!!!! So you may want to try a zinc supplement and vitamin C supplement!

i also recommend this to everyone. i take zinc, vitamin C and fish oil and my skin has been improving ever since.

I will add to this. I tried the Vitamin B5 routine several years ago. The Vitamin B5 routine however required EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES... Like Doses that should not be going into one person every day! It did clear me up for about 2 weeks...Then I broke out HORRIBLY with GIANT pimples bigger than I ever had... that high of a dose completely screwed up my system...Took a LONG time and MANY antibiotics to get it down...

But the C and ZInc are completely "normal" doses. Just ne regular C supplement (1000mg per day) and 50mg of zinc. These are just normal doses of normal supplement. Even if they may not help you, they will not harm you either. Worth a shot.

It makes some sense for me. I have MS (multiple sclerosis). A mild case but I have MS. So generally its veru possible I am deficient in several vitamins cause of my immune system. But many adults are deficient in vitamins because of a poor diet, being veg etc...Just google zinc deficiency and acne and you will see the amount of research.

So its worth a try!

I will add to this. I tried the Vitamin B5 routine several years ago. The Vitamin B5 routine however required EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES... Like Doses that should not be going into one person every day! It did clear me up for about 2 weeks...Then I broke out HORRIBLY with GIANT pimples bigger than I ever had... that high of a dose completely screwed up my system...Took a LONG time and MANY antibiotics to get it down...

So its worth a try!

this sounds like a horrormovie to me, I am on day 5 of 20 with vitamin b5. when did your breakout come? after a break with b5?