Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkviolet31

everyday mineral make up

ok i have tried everyday mineral makeup and the next day i woke uo with two spots on my checks. I have used neutrogena foudantion before having acne and it never broke me out... right now i am on bcp to help with my acne and have taken a break on putting make up... i will be going to a party soon and i am afraid to apply my mineral make up because i wake up with spots...... is the mineral make up causing this brakouts or could it be coinsidence? should i go back to neutrogena foundation instead?

Do you ever break out during certain times of the month even on BCP? I'm kind of in the same boat as you, except with jojoba oil instead of mineral make-up. Also, it's been hot and humid here lately. How is the weather by you? Could it be impacting your skin at all?

I have been taking bcp for almost 3 months and I actually don't wear my make up everyday just on special occations only. last time i wore make up it was on one of my 7 day break and i wore mineral make up inthat particular day so I don't know if the two spots I got were because of the break or make up. what I do know is that the next day i wore my make up i woke up with two spots......could it possibly be because of the minerals?? The weather here is hot and humid also but I mostrly spend indoors, so i think that can't be it....how long have you been taking bcp and what brand?

bonjour,

if you do not need foundation or mineral powder, don't wear it! I cannot stress this enough. What mineral makeup brand are you using? some "mineral makeups" have minerals, but also contain extra ingredients to increase shelf-life. makeups such as Revlon that have come out wiht a mineral foundation you should stay away from. I use Bare Minerals (too much money) and it hasn't really broken out my face, but stll going bare skin is best.

Franchesca.

I have been taking bcp for almost 3 months and I actually don't wear my make up everyday just on special occations only. last time i wore make up it was on one of my 7 day break and i wore mineral make up inthat particular day so I don't know if the two spots I got were because of the break or make up. what I do know is that the next day i wore my make up i woke up with two spots......could it possibly be because of the minerals?? The weather here is hot and humid also but I mostrly spend indoors, so i think that can't be it....how long have you been taking bcp and what brand?

I was on BCP for almost 13 years (early 1992 to late 2004.) I've been off the pill since November of 2004, when my dh and I first started trying to conceive. I got pregnant in March 2005 and had my son in November 2005. I breastfed him for a year and took the progesterone only minipill (can't do regular BCP while BF) and then stopped the minipill in December 2006 when we decided to TTC again. I haven't gotten pregnant yet, but still want to, so no BCP for me. I was on Yasmin for a year or two before all that, and Demulen, along with spiro, before that. I tried Ortho-Tricyclin for a couple on months back in 2002, and it was terrible for me! Hope I didn't make you sorry for asking! :lol:

did you break out after stopping the bcp? I heard that it does after you stop it. i am currently taking diane35 and I will not conceive in about 5 years and hoping that after i stop my bcp my hormones have stabilized and don't breakout. If I do then I guess I could take bcp after I have baby? are bcp affective when you try it the next time? why was ortho terrible for you what side effects did you experience with it ?

franchesca: I don't wear my make up everyday, but sometimes I feel that wearing make up makes me feel better with more confidence, I only use my everyday mineral make up on special occations. yes I have tried bare minerals too expensive indeed. I read that in the bare minerals there is an ingredient that make acne worse not sure of the name..... "bismuth" so i decided to try everyday minerals because they are cheaper too. but I guess they break me out .....:( .. I could try neutrogena the same i used to try way back when my face was clear... i will try that next time i need to wear make up.... I see that you are also taking bco ortho how is that pill working for you?

did you break out after stopping the bcp? I heard that it does after you stop it. i am currently taking diane35 and I will not conceive in about 5 years and hoping that after i stop my bcp my hormones have stabilized and don't breakout. If I do then I guess I could take bcp after I have baby? are bcp affective when you try it the next time? why was ortho terrible for you what side effects did you experience with it ?

franchesca: I don't wear my make up everyday, but sometimes I feel that wearing make up makes me feel better with more confidence, I only use my everyday mineral make up on special occations. yes I have tried bare minerals too expensive indeed. I read that in the bare minerals there is an ingredient that make acne worse not sure of the name..... "bismuth" so i decided to try everyday minerals because they are cheaper too. but I guess they break me out .....:( .. I could try neutrogena the same i used to try way back when my face was clear... i will try that next time i need to wear make up.... I see that you are also taking bco ortho how is that pill working for you?

I did break out after I went off the pill, but not for a month or two and then I got pregnant. I've been off all BCP for 1.5 years now and my skin breaks out, especially on my chin, jawline, and occasionally cheeks.

kriszti: I want to take bcp until am ready to have kids, they say that some women experience good skin while pregnant and others don't, how was it with you? The chin breakouts i think are hormonal but since you want another baby then maybe try asking your doc for something that will subside the breakouts. I heard that green smoothies are great for the skin but i don't know if it would be good for pregnant women mybe do a reaserch on that.... do you know if vitamins can be taken with bcp? i wanted to take vitamin b5 for my stress but i am not sure if it would be safe with diane35 bcp?

kriszti: I want to take bcp until am ready to have kids, they say that some women experience good skin while pregnant and others don't, how was it with you? The chin breakouts i think are hormonal but since you want another baby then maybe try asking your doc for something that will subside the breakouts. I heard that green smoothies are great for the skin but i don't know if it would be good for pregnant women mybe do a reaserch on that.... do you know if vitamins can be taken with bcp? i wanted to take vitamin b5 for my stress but i am not sure if it would be safe with diane35 bcp?

Oh, I have been on stuff through my derm and we've done all we can for now since I'm trying to get pregnant again. Unfortunately, it isn't doing much, so that is why I am on DKR now. I figure i have nothing to lose by trying it. I have had great success with BCP and spiro usually, but I can't take it under the current circumstances.