Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohtokyovogue

My derm perscribed me accutane

Today I went to the dermatoligst because I thought I had a cyst on my skin but it actually ended up being an infection. Anyways, I brought up taking accutane to the PA. The doctor came in and looked at my skin and said looking at you right now you are very clear, I explanied to him I've been batleing with acne for a long time and have used it all anitbiotics, tazorac, topical antibitotics... he was aware of this. He told me that it would be more practical if I would take accutane because he said I would eventually grow out of my acne but that could take till I am 21 speaking hypethticaly and he said I would rather treat you for 5 months than you have to mess around with medications for years. My mom was also there with me and she had very sever cystic acne when she was pregnat with my sister so she couldn't do anything about it and she has a lot of scars now and she explained to them that she doesn't want me to go through having cysts and such. So I am very enthused I am going to be on accutane. Can you guys tell me what to expect and such, and if Im going to have a very sever inital breakout even though my acne is moderate? Thanks.

Nobody knows what kind of IB you'll have or if you'll even have one. The most common side effects though are dry lips, eyes, and skin and sun sensitivity. Drink lots of water, buy goop for your lips, moisturize, and wear sunscreen. Best of luck to ya!

Today I went to the dermatoligst because I thought I had a cyst on my skin but it actually ended up being an infection. Anyways, I brought up taking accutane to the PA. The doctor came in and looked at my skin and said looking at you right now you are very clear, I explanied to him I've been batleing with acne for a long time and have used it all anitbiotics, tazorac, topical antibitotics... he was aware of this. He told me that it would be more practical if I would take accutane because he said I would eventually grow out of my acne but that could take till I am 21 speaking hypethticaly and he said I would rather treat you for 5 months than you have to mess around with medications for years. My mom was also there with me and she had very sever cystic acne when she was pregnat with my sister so she couldn't do anything about it and she has a lot of scars now and she explained to them that she doesn't want me to go through having cysts and such. So I am very enthused I am going to be on accutane. Can you guys tell me what to expect and such, and if Im going to have a very sever inital breakout even though my acne is moderate? Thanks.

it sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks ass but its worth it in the end and you probly will but it wont be as bad as your thinking and get dr dans cortie balm for your lips trust i took accutane for 6 months i know whut im talking about