Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkaDreads

hormonal teenage male acne..sigh...

Im 15 years old (male) and have had acne since i was about 12. I fucking hate it. I think about it everyday. My girlfriend who i have now whos my first says its no big deal. But it lowers my confidence.

My mom says i use too much shit on my face and that gives me worse skin. shes like "just use soap and water"

Ive tried sooo many products. It seems like it really doesnt make a difference to my face at all. Maybe there really is nothing i can do and its all teenage hormones?

My acne type is probably a strong mild to moderate

i already have alotta products so ill list them and maybe someone can suggest a regime

i have:

Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

OXY 10% BP Daily Wash

OXY Max Pads 2% SA

a little ZapZyt

Cetaphil Ultra Hydrating Lotion

i dont use all of these every night or day btw..

and i also have some leftover

Clean and Clear 10% BP Cleanser

Neutragena 2% SA Soap Wash

PLEASE HELP ME!!

thanks!!!

Well, you could be irritating your face with all that stuff. Also since you say you don't use them every day it could be consistency issues thats not helping either.

Have you seen a dermatologist?

I have not..my mom says its not worth it

its usually not worth it until they cut the bullshit and give you accutane. Usually the topicals and antibiotics they give you only work temporarily or not much at all (in my experience). Antibiotics are a real pain, they may help but they always wear off, then they have to give you another type of antibiotic, which may or may not work. Its not really good for you anyway since your body can become 'immune' to the antibiotics. Sorry if I'm sounding so negative.

Perhaps a good retinoid like tazorac could help you. Those cant wear off, obviously.

its usually not worth it until they cut the bullshit and give you accutane. Usually the topicals and antibiotics they give you only work temporarily or not much at all (in my experience). Antibiotics are a real pain, they may help but they always wear off, then they have to give you another type of antibiotic, which may or may not work. Its not really good for you anyway since your body can become 'immune' to the antibiotics. Sorry if I'm sounding so negative.

Perhaps a good retinoid like tazorac could help you. Those cant wear off, obviously.

tazorac? whats that?

no your mother is right.. too many products are no good, dont over do it. I made that mistake with acne and it did more harm than good. Stick with 1 product 1-2 times a day no more, and dont over do it with that product, dont put too much on your face.. And wash 2-3 times a day.

no your mother is right.. too many products are no good, dont over do it. I made that mistake with acne and it did more harm than good. Stick with 1 product 1-2 times a day no more, and dont over do it with that product, dont put too much on your face.. And wash 2-3 times a day.

Agreed, more than 2/3 things does worse for your face.

But do yourself a favor and get rid of the OXY pads...ugh.

first it was bp/differin and antibiotics for awhile, when that didnt work he put me on stronger antibiotics, then a different bp. Finally after about a year and a half I asked for accutane. That was the only thing that worked for me...just sharing my experiences.