Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kcr

your skin after acne...

My skin is finally starting to clear on spiro, but I had such awful, terrible skin for so long that both my cheeks have a ton of pock mark "dimples" which is weird because I can count on one hands the times I have gotten impatient and popped a zit, and I never picked at my face because I figured it would look worse if I did. But somehow now I have some pitted skin, and I have little red marks from the newly disappearing acne and little brown marks from the older acne that went away.

I ordered Pro Active skin lightening lotion for the marks, but is there a way to smooth out pock marked, pitted skin that doesn't involve a full blown chemical peel or some other expensive procedure? Makeup covers a bit, but not in certain lighting.

My skin is finally starting to clear on spiro, but I had such awful, terrible skin for so long that both my cheeks have a ton of pock mark "dimples" which is weird because I can count on one hands the times I have gotten impatient and popped a zit, and I never picked at my face because I figured it would look worse if I did. But somehow now I have some pitted skin, and I have little red marks from the newly disappearing acne and little brown marks from the older acne that went away.

I ordered Pro Active skin lightening lotion for the marks, but is there a way to smooth out pock marked, pitted skin that doesn't involve a full blown chemical peel or some other expensive procedure? Makeup covers a bit, but not in certain lighting.

Multivitamins containing a lot of Vitamin A, E and the minerals zinc and iron to help speed up skin healing. Avoid using very hot water on affected areas and chemical peels as this will only damage the skin further, only use 0.5% salicyclic acid with cool water to smooth it out. Dont scrub the skin, if you can it is just best to run water over it while in the shower for a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Multivitamins containing a lot of Vitamin A, E and the minerals zinc and iron to help speed up skin healing. Avoid using very hot water on affected areas and chemical peels as this will only damage the skin further, only use 0.5% salicyclic acid with cool water to smooth it out. Dont scrub the skin, if you can it is just best to run water over it while in the shower for a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Where are you getting this information? Chemical peels actually help with scars, but can irritate the skin, making it more red temporarily. But peeling, or exfoliation, is good for scars--though it has limits.

Thanks for the responses! Currently I'm using .025% tretinoin at night and then a salicylic acid in the AM along with Pro Active's skin lightening lotion, which has 2% hydroquinone to fade my post acne marks and the light discolorations I got from birth control.

I can appreciate the multivitamin suggestion. I've taken a really good one every day for years, plus a zinc, iron and fish oil supplement. But it unfortunately won't help me in my current goal. What I'm looking to do is get rid of the marks that in certain lights look like pits in the skin. I'm guessing the only way to smooth that out is chemical peels or a long retin-a regimen.

If you can see a dermatologist, Differin can speed up that process. If you have prescription coverage, it's a good deal as it can be over $100 for a small bottle. The spots do fade eventually. I used to have nearly flawless skin before my current epsiode that I am battling and would fixate on every mark left. So, I know this well. Without any treatments, I've had marks last from 3-12 months. With most falling around 4-6 months. I used to freak out thinking they were permanent just to have them completely gone months later. Even the ones that left indentations improved over the months.

I just need to stop the blemishes from coming!

I hear that! Spiro is starting to work for me, after 4 months, and probably the tretinoin helps too.

I didn't know Differin could fade marks. I thought it was similar to a retin-a, but I'm going to look into it.

If you can believe it, the marks I'm trying to get rid of are the same ones I've had since I was a teenager, and now I'm 33. When I finished accutane years ago my derm said they'd fade, but all they did was fade from red to a light brown. Thank God for mineral makeup, lol!

The only things that seemed to ever help me with diminishing scars was either jojoba oil which may be problematic if you still have any active acne or etre' natural beauty Dead Sea Salt Mineral facial peel, it costs about $15 or so for a 2 oz bottle. I loved it but I ran out and can't afford to get another bottle =( but it really will make your skin look like a movie star if you got the money for it.

I guarantee it will work for you and if you do get it and use it please message me and let me know how it goes...I definitely need to start working again.

good luck and remember to take iron supplements =)

I hear that! Spiro is starting to work for me, after 4 months, and probably the tretinoin helps too.

I didn't know Differin could fade marks. I thought it was similar to a retin-a, but I'm going to look into it.

If you can believe it, the marks I'm trying to get rid of are the same ones I've had since I was a teenager, and now I'm 33. When I finished accutane years ago my derm said they'd fade, but all they did was fade from red to a light brown. Thank God for mineral makeup, lol!

I don't know if it will get rid of them completely. It certainly is fading them!