Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KB2006

Eyebrow waxing

Does eyebrow waxing cause breakouts or ingrown hairs? I've never waxed, I usually pluck..but I always get tiny red pimples and ingrown hairs, somebody told me waxing prevents this. Does anybody know if that's true? Expiriences?

Does eyebrow waxing cause breakouts or ingrown hairs? I've never waxed, I usually pluck..but I always get tiny red pimples and ingrown hairs, somebody told me waxing prevents this. Does anybody know if that's true? Expiriences?

You must make sure that you have the process done properly. You must be cleansed in the are to be waxed, then a barrier like talc or oil should be applied. Next they should do the waxing and or tweezing. When done then you should be cleansed again and a soothing cream should be applied. All of this should minimize any breakouts.

I just had my eyebrows waxed a couple of weeks ago and I havent experienced a breakout.

Waxing can cause breakouts if the person applies petroleum jelly to the waxed area to soothe it. Also, if you wax on an area that has broken skin, like a pimple, then it might spread bacteria, etc. However, I pluck and wax my own eyebrows, and I think it's helped the acne around my brows.

I get my eyebrows waxed and never breakout from it. I go in every 6 weeks. My waxer doesn't use pore clogging moisturizers after. I do know that if you are on any kind of Retinoid, you have to stop using it for at least 4-5 days before you wax, at least in my case. Retinoids make your skin thinner and they can rip the skin right off when they wax. BP can also do the same thing. More or less make you more irritated. I personally love getting them waxed. Saves me a lot of trouble, looks clean and no ingrown hairs at all.