Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LegalBeagle

Afraid to get my hopes up...

It's now been seven weeks to the day since I started my new diet and three weeks since I started exercising again (I've been off and on over the years for months at a time, but it never really helped my skin, until now)... dare I say it, but I believe this is really working for me!

The progress was fairly slow at first, and I had a huge breakout once I started exercising again (presumably pushing all the bad stuff out), but I honestly have not had a single new zit form anywhere for more than a full week. From someone who used to wake up with 1-5 whiteheads a day, plus always at least one or two swollen pustules (I have NONE now!), this is a simply amazing change. Moreover, I've struggled with acne for a full decade, so the idea of finally becoming clear at 23 is such a relief.

My regime consists of:

NO dairy

NO grains

NO sugar

NO corn

NO citrus

Nothing to drink but water (~1 gallon per day) and carrot juice (~32 oz of juice a day)

A little lean meat/fish (chicken, sardines, salmon)

Tons of vegetables and fruits (I'll generally have a huge salad for lunch, and snack on some fruits, diced raw veggies, or a handful of raw almonds)

45 minutes of aerobics at least five days a week

Submerging face in hot/warm water and pat dry twice a day

4g of Omega 3 fish oils a day

I've stuck to this plan absolutely unfailingly, not cheating a single time. By this point in my life I was so fed up with it that I agreed to myself that I would give this my absolute best shot. At least 95% of my daily consumption is completely raw, the only real exceptions being the chicken and/or the occasional steamed vegetable.

Figured I would post my success story (so far) for others to read, as I know all the positive stories really encouraged me to give it my all.

I would also recommend you try drinking green tea, maybe even white tea. I hear they can help the skin because of antioxidants.

Haha, my plan is to drink just water and tea, exercise with DDR (hey, it could work!), and just watch what I eat so I can be fit (but I'm not doing it because of weight...I'm below average in that department).

It's now been seven weeks to the day since I started my new diet and three weeks since I started exercising again (I've been off and on over the years for months at a time, but it never really helped my skin, until now)... dare I say it, but I believe this is really working for me!

The progress was fairly slow at first, and I had a huge breakout once I started exercising again (presumably pushing all the bad stuff out), but I honestly have not had a single new zit form anywhere for more than a full week. From someone who used to wake up with 1-5 whiteheads a day, plus always at least one or two swollen pustules (I have NONE now!), this is a simply amazing change. Moreover, I've struggled with acne for a full decade, so the idea of finally becoming clear at 23 is such a relief.

My regime consists of:

NO dairy

NO grains

NO sugar

NO corn

NO citrus

Nothing to drink but water (~1 gallon per day) and carrot juice (~32 oz of juice a day)

A little lean meat/fish (chicken, sardines, salmon)

Tons of vegetables and fruits (I'll generally have a huge salad for lunch, and snack on some fruits, diced raw veggies, or a handful of raw almonds)

45 minutes of aerobics at least five days a week

Submerging face in hot/warm water and pat dry twice a day

4g of Omega 3 fish oils a day

I've stuck to this plan absolutely unfailingly, not cheating a single time. By this point in my life I was so fed up with it that I agreed to myself that I would give this my absolute best shot. At least 95% of my daily consumption is completely raw, the only real exceptions being the chicken and/or the occasional steamed vegetable.

Figured I would post my success story (so far) for others to read, as I know all the positive stories really encouraged me to give it my all.

your program seems very robust. I wont be surprised if it keeps you clear for good.

K

I would also recommend you try drinking green tea, maybe even white tea. I hear they can help the skin because of antioxidants.

Haha, my plan is to drink just water and tea, exercise with DDR (hey, it could work!), and just watch what I eat so I can be fit (but I'm not doing it because of weight...I'm below average in that department).

DDR is awesome its great exercise! Aerobic and muscle endurance what more could you ask for? I play heavy mode what do you play?

You'd be better off eating cooked vegetables with fat added (butter or ghee) than eating them raw. Cooking helps break down the cellulose so you can better digest and absorb the nutrients. Humans are actually incapable of digesting cellulose. If you're eating a lot of raw veggies you've probably noticed the undigested vegetable matter in your stool.

The added fat helps you to absorb and assimilate fat soluble vitamins which are extremely important in keeping clear skin. It sounds like your diet is extremely low in fat. Not good for your skin or your health in the long run.

Dietary fat is necessary for absorption of vitamins, nutrients and phytochemicals from fruits and vegetables

You would also benefit from strength training probably even more than aerobic exercise. Building muslce helps reverse insulin resistance which many people with acne have.

Those are my 2 cents, congrats on your success and hope this helps...

DDR is awesome its great exercise! Aerobic and muscle endurance what more could you ask for? I play heavy mode what do you play?

Well, I'm technically a newbie. I'm trying to keep up with 'Basic', which isn't bad, considering how a couple of weeks ago I humiliated myself while playing as 'Beginner'. :redface:

Needless to say, the humiliation prompted me to practice A LOT. :D

Wow! That is great. Your routine is VERY similar to mine. I have been eating raw vegan for about 6 months now. I feel better than ever!! I wouldn't listen to the poster who said you should cook your veggies. If you are concerned (Which you didn't say you were in your post) I would look the information up online at Dr. Mercola's website. In fact, I just had a salad myself consisting of raw corn straight from the cob, avocado, tomatoes, onions, spinach leaves and a little raw salsa. I have also been exercising, more strength training than aerobics though. Good luck with your routine!

Also, about the fat, you can get that from avocados, nuts and seeds. Which you said you eat raw almonds and omega pills, so you are probably getting your fat. Although, if you are getting the almonds at the store, they are coming from California which now has a new law stating all almonds must be cooked before they are sold. To get truly RAW almonds you have to order them online from a distributor that gets them from Spain or other places outside of the US.