Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madadam

MiXto vs. fraxel co2

My doctor told me he has fraxel repair and then I found it it is actually MiXto! Are they very similar? I have done sveral fraxel I and II and really want to do ablative.

doc is a con man. mixto only goes to 200 microns. fraxel repair penetrates to 1.6 mm. not such a big difference if treating surface discoloration. huge difference if treating acne scars.

Thanks. So with MiXto I won't see any results for scars? If it is ablative shouldn't it be better than Fraxel I or II at least?

better than fraxel re:fine. but id think fraxel re:store would be better than mixto. fraxel re:store goes to about 1 mm or more in depth. if you want a co2 powered laser then do re:pair.

Make sure you do your homework before you have your treatment done. You will see results with mixto & repair for acne scars. The repair goes 1.6mm deep, but the mixto goes deeper than 200 microns. Have a couple different docs with different machines show you their pics. Most of the fractional co2's are similar with a few differences, but i can assure you the mixto procedure is less painful than repair.

Make sure you do your homework before you have your treatment done. You will see results with mixto & repair for acne scars. The repair goes 1.6mm deep, but the mixto goes deeper than 200 microns. Have a couple different docs with different machines show you their pics. Most of the fractional co2's are similar with a few differences, but i can assure you the mixto procedure is less painful than repair.

Have u tried either lasers?I'm interested in fractionated co2 but am confused with the many lasers in the market.Total FX,re:pair,mixto,rhytec.......in your opinion,which one do u think its best for scarring?Is mixto the least painful of them all?

Have u tried either lasers?I'm interested in fractionated co2 but am confused with the many lasers in the market.Total FX,re:pair,mixto,rhytec.......in your opinion,which one do u think its best for scarring?Is mixto the least painful of them all?

I have had a mixto procedure (and I do work with the company). But from first hand experience, it was not a bad procedure. I did mine with no topical numbing, no pain med, no cooling device....it was alot of heat but tolerable. Most physicians now use a topical or some meds. There are so many Fractional co2's out there now that it is hard to pick one, but in most cases many of them will give a comparable result. I have not had total fx or re:pair so I can't tell you which is more effective, but all the physicians I have spoken to have said MiXto is less painful (partly because the mixto isn't creating a super deep hole). That being said alot of studies that are being presented these days are finding that it may not be the "depth" factor that gives the result but that it is the "surface area" covered. If you are going to have a procedure done, just make sure to do your homework first.

I have had a mixto procedure (and I do work with the company). But from first hand experience, it was not a bad procedure. I did mine with no topical numbing, no pain med, no cooling device....it was alot of heat but tolerable. Most physicians now use a topical or some meds. There are so many Fractional co2's out there now that it is hard to pick one, but in most cases many of them will give a comparable result. I have not had total fx or re:pair so I can't tell you which is more effective, but all the physicians I have spoken to have said MiXto is less painful (partly because the mixto isn't creating a super deep hole). That being said alot of studies that are being presented these days are finding that it may not be the "depth" factor that gives the result but that it is the "surface area" covered. If you are going to have a procedure done, just make sure to do your homework first.

How much improvement did u get with the mixto procedure?

How much improvement did u get with the mixto procedure?

I definetly saw an improvement in the texture. My skin wasn't bad to start with (some light scaring). The office that was trying the equipment needed another patient so I let them treat me. We were short on time so we didn't use any numbing cream, so they only did one pass at a conservative setting. I am going to have another treatment done, because on the scarring it needs to be done on a little higher setting with a double pass.

What was the recovery like for miXto? Did you having oozing and crusting? Is one week okay to be 100% presentable in public or how much longer? Thanks

What was the recovery like for miXto? Did you having oozing and crusting? Is one week okay to be 100% presentable in public or how much longer? Thanks

It isn't bad, but it is something you would want to take a few days off for. The treatment I had done was on a Monday in Phoenix & I drove to LA the following morning & spent the week...that being said, it was not an aggressive setting. On a good treatment for the face it should peel within a week...depending on the setting you may have a slight redness of the skin the following week or two. There is no bleeding or ozzing, but you will get the micro-crusting that will peel within a week. The healing process is a huge step forward from traditional old school co2, I would say the days it looks the worst is on days 2-4. Where were you thinking of having the procedure done?