Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoalisa

The best way to get rid of dark under eye circles?

What's the best product or technique you've used to get rid of dark circles? I know the frozen spoon trick and the teabag trick, any other suggestions or products I should try?

The only thing I've found so far aside from plenty of rest and putting something cold on my eyes is yellow powder concealer. It counteracts the purplish skin.

I've yet to find anything to make my undereye darkness go away. For me, its genetic. I just use a really good under eye concealer, and make sure to drink plenty of water, and get enough rest.

The only thing I've found so far aside from plenty of rest and putting something cold on my eyes is yellow powder concealer. It counteracts the purplish skin.

An even better concealer is something orange. I know it sounds crazy, but orange counteracts blue and purple better than yellow. I have really dark, blue/ purple under eye circles and the orange concealer trick was recommended by someone online. It is amazing. Try it :) .

I have hereditary dark circles too. Thus far, no product or technique has helped get rid of them but as I've gotten older, the darkness has been diminishing.

All I can do is camouflage. I use MakeUp Forever's Lift Concealer in #1. Its a "salmony" colour that goes well to hide the dark circles against my fair skin.

I took Eve Pearl's tip of getting a pinkish/salmon colour concealer instead of a yellow one.

~ Jolian, I didn't know that about orange.

All I can do is camouflage. I use MakeUp Forever's Lift Concealer in #1. Its a "salmony" colour that goes well to hide the dark circles against my fair skin.

I took Eve Pearl's tip of getting a pinkish/salmon colour concealer instead of a yellow one.

I was thinking of Eve Pearl's salmon concealer, but it's way too expensive and it's in a cream form, and creams usually break me out.

use an orange color lipstick

i tried mychelle's fresh eyes but didn't notice much of a difference. i just put a lot of powder under there. welding masks are good too :ninja:

I was thinking of Eve Pearl's salmon concealer, but it's way too expensive and it's in a cream form, and creams usually break me out.

This is very interesting! Thank you! :]

Jolian: I loooove her. She has the greatest makeup ideas. And she's so awesome and adorable anyway lol.

As far as eye circles, I put my EM foundation over my eyes and under my eyes, then go back with the Sunlight concealer for just under my eyes. I try not to completely mask them, because then I just end up looking really fake and obvious. Plus, if your eyes are just deeper set, you can't really get rid of the dark circles anyway.

Good sleep and lots of water should also help. ^_^

I hear salmon colored concealer works really well, too. Depends on your skin tone and dark circle color.