Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OilyOneCanobe

Cheaper to FLY to the USA for treatments???

Hi All

Im going for a Pixel Laser treatment, and it seems that it would be cheaper for me to actually fly out to the US from London for every treatment and still save myself money.

This is madness! The US websites are quoting $800 (£400..ish) per Pixel treatment, and here in London im quoted £1200 ($2400..ish) for the same treatment.

What the hell???

Hi All

Im going for a Pixel Laser treatment, and it seems that it would be cheaper for me to actually fly out to the US from London for every treatment and still save myself money.

This is madness! The US websites are quoting $800 (£400..ish) per Pixel treatment, and here in London im quoted £1200 ($2400..ish) for the same treatment.

What the hell???

Damn, in Melbourne Australia its $300 a session at my Doctors, full face and he went over some areas 4 times, I think that is what 230 pounds?

Hi All

What the hell???

Damn, in Melbourne Australia its $300 a session at my Doctors, full face and he went over some areas 4 times, I think that is what 230 pounds?

$300AUD is £145. This is sooo extortionate! I could fly to Australia and stay for a week with the cost of 1 treatment in London.

Is there no laws against ripping people off

Just a few random thoughts.....hmmmm are there any plastic surgery or skin care schools that you could offer to be a guine pig for?

That price is so extreme in the UK, that I am not sure the laser is worth it, maybe just a lot of IPL sessions would have a good effect. Ummmm, they are about $150 full face here, I've done IPL before. Also, the Max laser did fantastic things for me.

My doctor is fantastic, on a previous treatment where he injected a filler, because it was for acne, it was covered by our medicare and I was about $40 out of pocket.

Hey, have you thought about going to Eastern Europe?

I looked on your profile and noticed your really young, what about getting a visa, planning a back packing working holiday in Australia and getting pixel and everything you need here?

hmmmm are there any plastic surgery or skin care schools that you could offer to be a guine pig for?

That price is so extreme in the UK, that I am not sure the laser is worth it, maybe just a lot of IPL sessions would have a good effect. Ummmm, they are about $150 full face here, I've done IPL before. Also, the Max laser did fantastic things for me.

My doctor is fantastic, on a previous treatment where he injected a filler, because it was for acne, it was covered by our medicare and I was about $40 out of pocket.

Hey, have you thought about going to Eastern Europe?

$150 AUD for IPL, your going to make me cry :rolleyes: . I just finished a course of IPL £200 ($411 AUD)a go.

I never thought about schools... but dont like the idea of being a guine pig.

Eastern Europe... i just wouldn't trust it.

Back packing in Oz is the best suggestion I can come up with then. Come over here, forget about acne and get pixel, youd have the best time! I would ask those clincis how they can possibly justify the cost!

My friend just bought an IPL machine, now I can get IPL for $50 whole face... insane!

Back packing in Oz is the best suggestion I can come up with then. Come over here, forget about acne and get pixel, youd have the best time! I would ask those clincis how they can possibly justify the cost!

My friend just bought an IPL machine, now I can get IPL for $50 whole face... insane!

Im really going to think about doing it, the first Pixel backpacking holiday LOL. Wow your lucky you can get IPL whenever you like $50 is fantastic. Id have one every few weeks for life. :)

Hi All

What the hell???

I was quoted £1200 for 3 sessions in London yesterday or £500 for 1, where did you get that quote?