Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seanth

Severe problem with moisturizer

Hey, this is my first post. I started the regimen about a week ago, maybe more, and the BP works fine, Ive used 2 pumps every time since i started. But after the BP dries fully, I go to put on the moisturizer and like 2 minutes after i apply it all my skin starts burning. I wait about half an hour and my skin is still burning. I look in the mirror and my face is red in certain spots and very irritated. This shouldn't happen with the moisturizer, should it? When I only use the Cleanser and BP my skin is fine, the BP dries up and my skin is not irritated at all. I'm really confused about why my skin reacts so harshly to the moisturizer, maybe I'm allergic to one of the ingredients? I don't know, any help?

Same with me and a few others on the board, the moisturizer is really harsh on me. I use Olay Beauty Fluid as moisturizer now, but I think most people here use cetaphil.

Same thing here.In the past i used BP 10% with no moisturize and my face was fine (a little bit dry). And when i started to use the 2.5% my face was OK until I aplly the moisturize, face started to burn like hell and red spots appeared.

I switched moisturizers and different BP brands, and I am confortable now with the stuff im using. You should try different stuff, but it can be quite expensive..

Dan's moisturizer is evil. It stings, turns my face very red and isn't even particularly efficient at reducing flakiness. It's very irritating (for me, at least) and I have a hunch that it may have contributed to my recent breakout.

My advice would be to change moisturizer.

You're probably allergic to Jojoba (join the club). A lot of people recommend a lighter oil like Apricot Kernal or Rape seed oil.

Use any moisturizer you like.

Thanks for the advice, I am probably allergic to Jojoba Oil (Good thing I didn't buy the pure oil). So I guess I'll find another moisturizer. Thanks again.

Actually, I was using too much, I used about half a pump ( If that ) with 1 pump of BP, it still stings but its tolerable.